+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ollie Palmer

Ollie Palmer

Just scored on his debut for Wrexham, have a feeling he might be the key to pushing them over the line. Hope I'm right as they deserve to be in the football league

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60116733

Re: Ollie Palmer

Sod 'em. A horrible club and wannabe scousers.

No team deserves to be in a higher level ,unless they earn the right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Just scored on his debut for Wrexham, have a feeling he might be the key to pushing them over the line. Hope I'm right as they deserve to be in the football league

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60116733
    Agreed.

They have no excuse not to be promoted and from my occasional check on their results seem to now be hitting some form after an indifferent start.

300,000 for a 30 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    300,000 for a 30 year old?
    Doesn't seem like there's much long term planning going on regarding signings. Though I can see the logic in just wanting to get out of the National League straight away as the 2 promotion spots makes it incredibly difficult. The top end of the National League is probably better than the bottom half of League 2

They have a massive fan base compared with any of the National league teams, and many in Div1/2.
    Wrexham is a proper football town, which is not something we can say about Cardiff.
    I wish them well.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Doesn't seem like there's much long term planning going on regarding signings. Though I can see the logic in just wanting to get out of the National League straight away as the 2 promotion spots makes it incredibly difficult. The top end of the National League is probably better than the bottom half of League 2
    I guess it is harder to attract younger players, whereas your older pro will take a massive payday. Mullin has just turned 27, too so it’s not all quick fixes. Most of the top half of the NL would finish above the bottom half of League 2. Hartlepool have been gutted in the summer and they’re going to comfortably survive. I’d be in favour of 5 20 team divisions

Palmer, Watters, Collins - what is it about ex Crawley strikers ending up at Welsh clubs?! Seem to remember he was injury prone at Crawley, and during his early spell at AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    6 points separating the top 9 in the National League. It's tighter than a nun's chuff.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Sod 'em. A horrible club and wannabe scousers.
    Have known quite a few Wrecsam fans over the years, and they have all to a man and woman been proud North Walians.

I'd suggest South Wales has far more wannabe scoucers than Wrecsam. Just look at the number of Liverpool shirts you see around Cardiff and Newport

Good luck to them, I really hope they get back in the football league. Be good to have four Welsh clubs in the top 4 divisions.

Would love to see Wrexham back in the Football League

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Have known quite a few Wrecsam fans over the years, and they have all to a man and woman been proud North Walians.

I'd suggest South Wales has far more wannabe scoucers than Wrecsam. Just look at the number of Liverpool shirts you see around Cardiff and Newport

Good luck to them, I really hope they get back in the football league. Be good to have four Welsh clubs in the top 4 divisions.
    That might be due to the fact that the population of South Wales is a little bit bigger than that of Wrexham?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Would love to see Wrexham back in the Football League
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That might be due to the fact that the population of South Wales is a little bit bigger than that of Wrexham?
    True. But the amount of plastic scoucers in South Wales is just gobsmackingly depressing.

I would have thought that there would be far more Liverpool football shirts on view in Wrexham than I have seen over the years, due to it's proximity to Liverpool, but haven't found this to be the case