+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Parry Has Signed for Risca United

Paul Parry Has Signed for Risca United

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2022/01/25/...-wales-fa-cup/

Risca United secure huge coup as former Wales international joins.

Risca United have made a marquee signing by securing the services of former Cardiff City and Wales international Paul Parry.

The 41-year-old makes a return to senior-level football eight years after he last played for Shrewsbury Town.

Re: Paul Parry Has Signed for Risca United

Last seen (by me) sat in an Estate agents in Llandaff North. I think that i may have been his own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Last seen (by me) sat in an Estate agents in Llandaff North. I think that i may have been his own business.
    Yes, he did (does) own an estate agencey.

After a bit of digging on the Companies House website I beleive his now a director of https://newportindoorfootballcentre.co.uk/
    It looks like the estate agent was dissolved a few years ago.

News at 11

at 41 I doubt he will be doing much running, a lot like his last 6 months with us then

the Ipswich game ( last game at NP ) my daughter ( who was 7 at the time ) asked me why isn't that player running after the ball, yes it was Paul parry

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    https://clwbpeldroed.org/2022/01/25/...-wales-fa-cup/

Risca United secure huge coup as former Wales international joins.

Risca United have made a marquee signing by securing the services of former Cardiff City and Wales international Paul Parry.

The 41-year-old makes a return to senior-level football eight years after he last played for Shrewsbury Town.
    It's not a world I'm familiar with so I could be talking out of turn, but I'm amazed they've signed three players from English teams. Two of them are from the Bristol/Gloucestershire area, which in itself seems far enough to me to drive to/from, but the other fella is from Stratford-upon-Avon. For all I know, he could live much closer to south Wales, but it genuinely surprises me that players would travel that far to play lower-league Welsh football, even taking in to account any obvious financial incentive. I remember being told that Bala Town FC would often field a team of players who were all driving over from Cheshire, Manchester etc to play. Again obviously money-oriented, but at least Bala were playing to a reasonable level, as well as offering the possibility of European football.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    It's not a world I'm familiar with so I could be talking out of turn, but I'm amazed they've signed three players from English teams. Two of them are from the Bristol/Gloucestershire area, which in itself seems far enough to me to drive to/from, but the other fella is from Stratford-upon-Avon. For all I know, he could live much closer to south Wales, but it genuinely surprises me that players would travel that far to play lower-league Welsh football, even taking in to account any obvious financial incentive. I remember being told that Bala Town FC would often field a team of players who were all driving over from Cheshire, Manchester etc to play. Again obviously money-oriented, but at least Bala were playing to a reasonable level, as well as offering the possibility of European football.
    I remember watching a documentary about the so-called worst team in Scotland, Fort William. Geographically it's a small town in a sparsely populated part of the country. Most other sides in the Highland league play in the east side of the country, a couple of hours drive away.

They have difficulty in getting players for this reason. It was mentioned that they had a player who lived on the Isle of Skye. It was a 3 hour round trip for him to train. It wouldn't be uncommon for a midweek away game for him to make at least a 6 hour round trip and I think he got paid £25!

I believe the bloke from Stratford has moved to Wales for Uni

Quote Originally Posted by Davpont View Post
    I believe the bloke from Stratford has moved to Wales for Uni
    Makes sense

He could do a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He could do a job for us.
    As what, an estate agent to oversee the sale of the club? 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    My local side played Aberystwyth Town in the Welsh Cup earlier this season, I was chatting to their reserve GK in the clubhouse afterwards who was ex-Swansea (lovely lad and a good laugh - incidentally their number 1 was Slovakian I think and was on the bench for the Swans for a few Prem games) - he said most of their squad are from the North West and is the norm in the Welsh Prem for sure.

Also said he loved having 400 people chanting "you Jack Bastard!" at him when he came on in the second half

He'll have to wade through the long grass and weeds.

A great acquisition by Risca United. Risca currently play at Ystrad Mynach Centre of Excellence. Modern facilities, large stand running the length of the pitch and 4g pitch. It’s likely, he’ll play in central defence. He’s much heavier than in his prime but he’ll bring great experience and a footballing brain. I hope he’ll do well.

Risca are playing Friday night against Llantwit Major in the second tier of the Welsh Football Pyramid. Kick off time is 19:30 and admission cost is £5. I’ll be there along with many other City fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hill View Post
    A great acquisition by Risca United. Risca currently play at Ystrad Mynach Centre of Excellence. Modern facilities, large stand running the length of the pitch and 4g pitch. It’s likely, he’ll play in central defence. He’s much heavier than in his prime but he’ll bring great experience and a footballing brain. I hope he’ll do well.

Risca are playing Friday night against Llantwit Major in the second tier of the Welsh Football Pyramid. Kick off time is 19:30 and admission cost is £5. I’ll be there along with many other City fans.
    Why are they playing their games at Ystrad Mynach?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Why are they playing their games at Ystrad Mynach?
    The former ground in Risca does not meet FAW tier 2 regulations. The move to Ystrad Mynach with its facilities also enabled them to develop their football academy. Playing matches on 4g instead of grass also prevent match postponements. A win-win for the club.

Loovens signs for Llanwit Major. Should be a game and a half on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hill View Post
    The former ground in Risca does not meet FAW tier 2 regulations. The move to Ystrad Mynach with its facilities also enabled them to develop their football academy. Playing matches on 4g instead of grass also prevent match postponements. A win-win for the club.