+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Matt Grimes

Matt Grimes

How is this guy still with Swansea. IMO by far the best midfielder in the Championship and would thrive in a Premiership team with better players.

Re: Matt Grimes

Because hes not the best midfielder in the Championship. Hes a good Championship player though.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    How is this guy still with Swansea. IMO by far the best midfielder in the Championship and would thrive in a Premiership team with better players.
    I know a very good friend of his and, apparently Grimes and his agent had discussions with Fulham last year and it seems that the latter party eventually decided against signing him, supposedly as they changed their mind and were looking for someone who would perform well in the Premier League rather than just in the Championship.

Matt Grimes stats this season. No goals no assists.

On a slightly different note - I'm glad they didn't sign midfielder Matt O'Riley from MK Dons.
    When I found out that they were interested in him, I did a search on YouTube. Fair play, he looks just the kind of player we need. Can drive forward with the ball and has good passing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    On a slightly different note - I'm glad they didn't sign midfielder Matt O'Riley from MK Dons.
    When I found out that they were interested in him, I did a search on YouTube. Fair play, he looks just the kind of player we need. Can drive forward with the ball and has good passing ability.
    Well he won’t be signing for City any day soon then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Well he won’t be signing for City any day soon then.
    well no, he's just signed for Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Matt Grimes stats this season. No goals no assists.
    Makes Bacuna sound like Maradona.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    well no, he's just signed for Celtic
    Proves my point!

Well, the OP might think he's the best midfielder in the Championship but that opinion seems to be at odds with what the natives down west are saying about Matt Grimes....

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...nd-grimes-/#35

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well, the OP might think he's the best midfielder in the Championship but that opinion seems to be at odds with what the natives down west are saying about Matt Grimes....

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...nd-grimes-/#35
    The Radio Wales phone in was an enjoyable listen yesterday, they aren't happy!

Their fan base is self entitled toxic and deluded.

They have a poor side thats it.

Unbelievable that some of our own fans think theyd beat us if we played tomorrow as was the quote last week.

We are more than capable of doing them over the same way we done Pboro.