+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uche Ikpeazu?

Uche Ikpeazu?

A friend just told me that he's read we are showing interest in striker Uche Ikpeazu?
    I'm not to familiar with him so wondered if we are would he be a good replacement for Moore if it was true?
    Anyone know if he's decent?

Re: Uche Ikpeazu?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    A friend just told me that he's read we are showing interest in striker Uche Ikpeazu?
    I'm not to familiar with him so wondered if we are would he be a good replacement for Moore if it was true?
    That's easy for you to say!

Leo Fortune West

Who's his agent Stan? Is there a Warnock ('borough) link (I stress I don't know and haven't looked)?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Leo Fortune West
    Yes but without the skill of Leo and not as many goals. Big centre forward type who is ok at league two level maybe league one at best but not good enough for the championship. One of Warnocks poor signings for Middlesbrough. Might just be ok if we were in league one next season. If that’s what we are looking at we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Yes but without the skill of Leo and not as many goals. Big centre forward type who is ok at league two level maybe league one at best but not good enough for the championship. One of Warnocks poor signings for Middlesbrough. Might just be ok if we were in league one next season. If that’s what we are looking at we are in trouble.
    I bloody knew it. Warnock!. Boy are we in trouble if this is the case. Is his son his agent?

He battered Flint and Brown in October, not sure if that’s something to measure him off this year mind.

This would be like a Russell Slade era type signing like Alex Revell. Ikpeazu's scoring record isn't great and I don't think he improves on what we have already, would prefer the money got to a defender instead.

His wiki page says
    "Ikpeazu is an athletic 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) forward who possesses pace and power but sometimes struggles with ball control."

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    His wiki page says
    "Ikpeazu is an athletic 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) forward who possesses pace and power but sometimes struggles with ball control."
    😂😂😂😂😂

Welcome to the club. Should slot in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    😂😂😂😂😂

Welcome to the club. Should slot in nicely.
    Sounds perfect doesn't he.

Reading the Middlesbrough forum he is a Warnock type player signed by Warnock and not wanted by Chris Wilder. Lacks pace and is not prolific. He doesn't seem to be the sort of player to bring in if we are trying to shake off the Jurassic Park football of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Reading the Middlesbrough forum he is a Warnock type player signed by Warnock and not wanted by Chris Wilder. Lacks pace and is not prolific. He doesn't seem to be the sort of player to bring in if we are trying to shake off the Jurassic Park football of the past.
    We'll definitely sign him then!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Who's his agent Stan? Is there a Warnock ('borough) link (I stress I don't know and haven't looked)?
    Not sure mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That's easy for you to say!
    Sorry what do you mean by that?

Stop fibbing, Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    A Warnock signing? ffs i bet his wages are on par with Harry Kane's

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Stop fibbing, Stan.
    Fibbing? Care to explain or maybe just add something to the thread without trying to start a bickering contest..

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    sounds like yes and yes

Fibbing? Care to explain or maybe just add something to the thread without trying to start a bickering contest..
    You haven't got any friends (A shit joke, love you stan)

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-over-22882323

WOL claiming the club contacted Boro this morning to register an interest. When I first saw the headline I thought it was just one of those circular rumours - WOL mentioned Ikpeazu being made available for transfer by Wilder a few days ago in a 'round up' piece - mainly because we had shown an interest last summer. Those type of incidental comments usually get picked up by marginal 'news' sites and turned into something they aren't. But maybe this is genuine.

But Ikpeazu is not a Moore replacement. If anything he would be another Collins (but a bit taller) - a journeyman, trier, experienced, not much pace and doesn't score a lot! Probably a 'great lad'.

WOL also saying Boro prefer to sell (valuation of £750k mentioned) but we only want a loan to the end of the season. West Brom (!), Millwall and Hull also supposed to be interested. I can see him going to Hull now they have their new owners, new manager, an end to their transfer restrictions, and a new budget burning a hole in their pockets. He wouldn't even need to move house!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You haven't got any friends (A shit joke, love you stan)
    Ah i get you now.. I thought we were friends

Ah i get you now.. I thought we were friends
    Ofcourse we are Stan, sorry, couldn't resist

So much for the new direction and evolving the style of play. I think we were linked with him in the summer