+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uche Ikpeazu?

Re: Uche Ikpeazu?

Watched him a few times on Sky Championship games/highlights. Seemed quick on the turn, strong, good shot, hold the ball up well. Personally I'd say offers more than Mark Harris.

Read on he other board that Morison is quite keen on him.

We do look a better team with someone physical leading the line, but this guy doesn't have the best record.

Thought his performance down here was a cut above anything I've seen from our forwards this season.

Caused problems, bullied our defenders, the ball stuck to him and he didn't look slow.

One match though against us.

oh my god

Cruel. I bet if he tried to do that, he couldn't!

51 games in the Championship, 8 goals

YouTube is a cruel place.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Read on he other board that Morison is quite keen on him.
    Cardiff say they can only loan him??
    Steve Morison wants him and has asked City board for backing?

Can someone show me where Cardiff and Morison have said these?

Nothing wrong there...still showing more skill than most of our lot.

Checked the signing book at Howells School no mention of :

Karl Anthony Uchechukwu Mubiru Ikpeazu

No thanks, I’d argue that “Warnock signings” are one of the main reasons we’re in this mess. Sean Morison’s a fan though even though he’s never been the same since Ikpeazu crocked him.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Sorry what do you mean by that?
    He means it's a difficult name to pronounce.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No thanks, I’d argue that “Warnock signings” are one of the main reasons we’re in this mess. Sean Morison’s a fan though even though he’s never been the same since Ikpeazu crocked him.
    I spoke to Morrison a few months ago, and you are correct, he said he was the hardest player he had come across when he played for Wycombe last season. Very strong and awkward

Just like Leo Fortune-West

I was told it was an icey patch which is possible? I hope it was because it doesn't look good otherwise

Aa
    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I spoke to Morrison a few months ago, and you are correct, he said he was the hardest player he had come across when he played for Wycombe last season. Very strong and awkward

Just like Leo Fortune-West
    I can understand why a big centreback would rate a player like Ikpeazu, but, as a City fan, I’ve had more than enough of very strong and awkward at my club in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Sorry what do you mean by that?
    Uche Ikpeazu - go on, see how many times you can say his name in 30 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    He battered Flint and Brown in October, not sure if that’s something to measure him off this year mind.
    Flint actually coped OK with him considering how Ikpensu put himself about.
    Have a look at the BBC match updates and you’ll see how many free kicks Ikpensu gave away. He should have been sent off.
    Booked after38 minutes and then 6-7 fouls after.
    He gave McGuiness a really hard time though. Was a big lesson for him.

His finishing was poor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Flint actually coped OK with him considering how Ikpensu put himself about.
    Have a look at the BBC match updates and you’ll see how many free kicks Ikpensu gave away. He should have been sent off.
    Booked after38 minutes and then 6-7 fouls after.
    He gave McGuiness a really hard time though. Was a big lesson for him.

His finishing was poor though.
    That was my main impression of his performance

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That was my main impression of his performance
    In fairness, you do seem to believe the opposition should have at least one man sent off in pretty much every game City play (and you reckon City should be awarded at least one penalty, and most opposition goals should be disallowed), so that's hardly a reflection on Ikpeazu.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In fairness, you do seem to believe the opposition should have at least one man sent off in pretty much every game City play (and you reckon City should be awarded at least one penalty, and most opposition goals should be disallowed), so that's hardly a reflection on Ikpeazu.

That’s me too. To a certain extent, but I’m usually a bit more forgiving of a bit of dirty play as I think the game has gone ‘soft’ .

However if you read back on the BBC report/commentary you’ll see what I mean.

At the time I was struggling to see how he’d got away with it and just when it seemed it was going to happen Warnock took him off.

He was certainly the dirtiest player I’ve seen against us for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He was certainly the dirtiest player I’ve seen against us for some time.
    He was physical alright and I can remember him being a real handful. I was only yanking City123's chain, his comments in the match threads always tickle me.

The lad up front for Bristol was another handful on Saturday. Semenyo I think? If his finishing improves a little, he'll be a player. Just turned 22, apparently. I thought he put the physical development of some of City's youngsters into perspective. Drameh couldn't cope with him at all.

He was physical alright and I can remember him being a real handful. I was only yanking City123's chain, his comments in the match threads always tickle me.

The lad up front for Bristol was another handful on Saturday. Semenyo I think? If his finishing improves a little, he'll be a player. Just turned 22, apparently. I thought he put the physical development of some of City's youngsters into perspective. Drameh couldn't cope with him at all.
    Yeah. I like him. He scored a couple of beauties against Fulham. He quickish too.

Someone like him would be excellent.
    We’ve had lots of big players, but some pace to go with it would make a lot of difference.

Sort of thing I was hoping for from Vassell 😞

His brother is also highly rated and in our under 18s

Fingers crossed !

A reflection of the poor refereeing in the Championship I'd say