+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uche Ikpeazu?

Re: Uche Ikpeazu?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-over-22882323

WOL claiming the club contacted Boro this morning to register an interest. When I first saw the headline I thought it was just one of those circular rumours - WOL mentioned Ikpeazu being made available for transfer by Wilder a few days ago in a 'round up' piece - mainly because we had shown an interest last summer. Those type of incidental comments usually get picked up by marginal 'news' sites and turned into something they aren't. But maybe this is genuine.

But Ikpeazu is not a Moore replacement. If anything he would be another Collins (but a bit taller) - a journeyman, trier, experienced, not much pace and doesn't score a lot! Probably a 'great lad'.

WOL also saying Boro prefer to sell (valuation of £750k mentioned) but we only want a loan to the end of the season. West Brom (!), Millwall and Hull also supposed to be interested. I can see him going to Hull now they have their new owners, new manager, an end to their transfer restrictions, and a new budget burning a hole in their pockets. He wouldn't even need to move house!
    These rumours start from websites like 'The 72' and 'Football League World'. They are quickly added to NewsNow - here is the Cardiff City page - https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Fo...p/Cardiff+City

Soon after Wales Online, who use this resource as their main source of Cardiff City information (remember the days when reporters actually broke real exclusives and spoke to players, managers etc. Terry Phillips was a real reporter, the kids these days are commentators on info they find on social media and other websites).

The way WalesOnline then spam facebook and twitter with clickbait based on a rumour from another website is so annoying. They develop an article based on rumour, old comments and waffle.

Ikpeazu is shit basically. Wouldn’t sign him in a month of Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If we do sign him (and I desperately hope not) it will seem as if we can't escape the long cold finger of Warnock's influence.

Someone better check out the local clog suppliers to see if any orders have been placed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Well according to a poster elsewhere Morison really wants him and has asked the board to back him..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    These rumours start from websites like 'The 72' and 'Football League World'. They are quickly added to NewsNow - here is the Cardiff City page - https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Fo...p/Cardiff+City

Soon after Wales Online, who use this resource as their main source of Cardiff City information (remember the days when reporters actually broke real exclusives and spoke to players, managers etc. Terry Phillips was a real reporter, the kids these days are commentators on info they find on social media and other websites).

The way WalesOnline then spam facebook and twitter with clickbait based on a rumour from another website is so annoying. They develop an article based on rumour, old comments and waffle.
    How right you are boss. Rumours quickly become a source or inside. As well as WoL that Alan Nixon is terrible with his scattergun rumour starters.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Well according to a poster elsewhere Morison really wants him and has asked the board to back him..
    Thought your mate told you..

Bournemouth are interested in Uche. Cheap option

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thought your mate told you..
    sneggyblubird posted Today, 16:54

Read on he other board that Morison is quite keen on him.

So i had a quick look

The unfortunate thing is we have some fans just believe everything they are told.

How does anyone know that Morison wants him.?

Im sure there are a few options we are looking at. We got the Doyle deal done.

Now we already have fans with outrage blaming Tan for not backing Morison over this guy.

I guarantee if we paid the money the same fans would be blaming the transfer committee.

I really hope we dont splash any money on this player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The unfortunate thing is we have some fans just believe everything they are told.

How does anyone know that Morison wants him.?

Im sure there are a few options we are looking at. We got the Doyle deal done.

Now we already have fans with outrage blaming Tan for not backing Morison over this guy.

I guarantee if we paid the money the same fans would be blaming the transfer committee.

I really hope we dont splash any money on this player.
    I agree.
    Posting bullshit like this and at the same time crying constantly about Tan and the debt

Steve Morison wants him and has asked City board for backing, he is experienced and Morison is a big fan of him.
    Come on the board back your manager.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    A friend just told me that he's read we are showing interest in striker Uche Ikpeazu?
    I'm not to familiar with him so wondered if we are would he be a good replacement for Moore if it was true?
    Anyone know if he's decent?
    Here's Wales Online's take this morning. Not that I ever believe a word they print football wise:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Here's Wales Online's take this morning. Not that I ever believe a word they print football wise:

Hopefully just paper talk.
    Boro fans don't rate him and i'm not sure why West Brom would be interested in him.

Remember when no bugger wanted or rated Bothroyd? Then again I s’pose we’d be better of resigning Jay than this bloke.

This is basically what Niasse would do every game but would somehow manage to beat a couple of men doing it before ballsing it up

Actually if we want a big bloke up front who will be a handful for defenders and a threat from set pieces we might as well play Flint up front. He scores more goals than Iche too and that’s playing in defence. As for WBA wanting him yes in the same way as Celtic wanted McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Remember when no bugger wanted or rated Bothroyd? Then again I s’pose we’d be better of resigning Jay than this bloke.
    I was delighted we signed Bothroyd and I know plenty of others were as well.

I think most people knew he had plenty of talent just his application.

I didnt rate Jones at all as a manager but loads of credit must go for getting the best out of Jay.

apparently he was quite highly rated at the reading academy as a youngster

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    apparently he was quite highly rated at the reading academy as a youngster
    He was a good reader? That doesn't always make for a great footballer.

Ikpeazu cut us open in the home game over and over and over but then who doesn’t I suppose, maybe says more about us than him. Also for all his effort he never really looked like he was going to score.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Ikpeazu cut us open in the home game over and over and over but then who doesn’t I suppose, maybe says more about us than him. Also for all his effort he never really looked like he was going to score.
    Looking at his matches he's very strong and doesn't look slow to me. If he can occupy one or two of the central defenders he can make room for others even if he ins't that prolific himself.

I'm not as against this move as others.
    I think we look a lot better with Kieffer Moore in the side than harris/Collins, but not only because of his goal threat, he's a much better focal point than the other options. Ikpeazu could give us at least some other options in that respect.

Has he arrived yet

Looking at his matches he's very strong and doesn't look slow to me. If he can occupy one or two of the central defenders he can make room for others even if he ins't that prolific himself.

I'm not as against this move as others.
    I think we look a lot better with Kieffer Moore in the side than harris/Collins, but not only because of his goal threat, he's a much better focal point than the other options. Ikpeazu could give us at least some other options in that respect.
    Pretty much my thoughts, I find it underwhelming still.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts, I find it underwhelming still.
    for 750k or so the expectations are only going to be so high

for 750k or so the expectations are only going to be so high
    Referring back to our little discourse re Gary Lineker: I think you might make a better striker than this guy 😀