+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ex-player watch: Bobby Glatzel

Ex-player watch: Bobby Glatzel

Scored 4 goals today for HSV at league leaders Darmstadt. 14 so far this season after 21 games.

Re: Ex-player watch: Bobby Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Scored 4 goals today for HSV at league leaders Darmstadt. 14 so far this season.
    I still maintain my opinion that he would have come good, we needed to play to his strengths

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I still maintain my opinion that he would have come good, we needed to play to his strengths
    I think he would have too, he was played in wrong system I think the style Morison trying to achieve now would suit him

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I think he would have too, he was played in wrong system I think the style Morison trying to achieve now would suit him
    Morison was not a fan when he was on comms last season. He isn't suited to British football.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    What are his strengths?

I think the we didnt play to his strengths has been said so many times that its just accepted. Ive asked many times what they were as I havent a clue.

Hes doing well in the German 2nd Division. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think the we didnt play to his strengths has been said so many times that its just accepted. Ive asked many times what they were as I havent a clue.

Hes doing well in the German 2nd Division. Good luck to him.
    Glatzel regularly scoring goals in the Zweite Bundesliga just means that it's a lower standard of football than the Championship.

His goals here https://twitter.com/vftninian/status...905757190?s=21 for anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Glatzel regularly scoring goals in the Zweite Bundesliga just means that it's a lower standard of football than the Championship.
    And yet, curiously, Doyle couldn’t get a start in four months at Hamburg but looks a certain starter for City and I’d guess he would get into plenty of other Championship starting line-ups too.

One interesting aspect of Glatzel’s form in Germany - he’s scoring plenty of goals with his head this season. He didn’t score any headed goals during his time at City.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What are his strengths?
    Well he's very handsome for a start.

And with a moustache like that, who WOULDN'T buy a second hand car from him?...