+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: According to the Sun, Warnock's coming back

Re: According to the Sun, Warnock's coming back

IF true, and I hope it isn't, it would be typical City to get someone in to put out the fire instead of looking for what is causing the blaze and getting rid of/dealing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Fails-On-Line are reporting it too:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-22902369
    If he returns this could be the final nail in the coffin. Tan please put the lights out before you close the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Those were my initial thoughts too.......
    You're too sharp for this forum

I’d be more concerned if he went to Barnsley, Peterborough or Reading as that would be one less team in the relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I’d be more concerned if he went to Barnsley, Peterborough or Reading as that would be one less team in the relegation battle.
    Thats a fair point.

Was it ever a decent publication, the echo etc?

This is literally just reporting what the sun are reporting/making up.

Much else is social media drivel and a few too many nonsense articles like when someone gets beer poured over them in shocking stadium incident.

According to The Sun?...Jeez...
    according to those ***** Graham Turner is actually a turnip

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    The former Hereford and Wolves manager?

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    He wasn't a Swede.

I'd welcome him back with open arms love the mans enthusiasm , loved that promotion season ,loved the fact he nearly keto us us with a rag tag squad ,love the fact he engages with the community.

We will never be a top end passing side we are what we are a tough big hitting championship side which is what Warnock , Mick bring to the party .

Id have him as DOE with Morison as coach and him learning from NW the nuisances of the murky world of footy

There isn’t any good news about Cardiff City at the moment.
    The talk about that Middlesbrough striker (a Warnock signing) and the Ego himself in tandem is alarming, to say the least.
    😫

Knowing this board he will keep us up and they will give him a three year contract
    No to Warnock coming back

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They're just reporting that the Sun reported it
    That does not surprise me in the least. Fails-On-Line always come up with football stories 2nd or even 3rd hand

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    After him going against MD and KC over the Sala transfer I can’t see either of them making the call. Also, re-appointing him might suggest loss of face for VT.
    Compared to the loss of face if Tan delivers league 1 football…..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd welcome him back with open arms love the mans enthusiasm , loved that promotion season ,loved the fact he nearly keto us us with a rag tag squad ,love the fact he engages with the community.

We will never be a top end passing side we are what we are a tough big hitting championship side which is what Warnock , Mick bring to the party .

Id have him as DOE with Morison as coach and him learning from NW the nuisances of the murky world of footy
    no, this would be even worse than making him the manager IMO.

I'm not sure what people think the director of football does at most clubs, but it isn't the kind of things you want Warnock anywhere near.
    it varies from club to club, but they are often involved with setting the longer term strategy in terms of playing style through recruitment and youth pathways, setting up modern analysis departments, loan managers etc and making sure that their output is making a difference etc.

Warnock is an excellent man manager, who has a style of play that can be effective, usually in the short term because he has shown no interest in setting anything in place for the medium or longer term for the club's hes been at. do well initially and you'll walk into another job regardless of how much you've cocked up.the club.

I would assume this is a story leaked to the press by someone on our board to put some fire under Morison.

I don't think there is one iota of truth in it.

Warnock did brilliantly in his first two season but then it went to shit and something that not enough people talk about is his conflict of interest when it comes to transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Those were my initial thoughts too.......
    its annoying why bother to post if you cant be bothered to write it

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We'll be in much deeper shit if we get relegated.
    Exactly, we cannot get relegated. We'd lose so much revenue, we'd struggle to come back or even survive as a club.

I think there's only 1 thing the club should be focusing on at the moment, and that's doing whatever it takes to stay up. Barnsley look all but down, but Peterborough and even Derby can overtake us. When it comes down to it, it will probably be a couple of points either way. If having Warnock here until the end of the season improves our chances even slightly, then it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    IF true, and I hope it isn't, it would be typical City to get someone in to put out the fire instead of looking for what is causing the blaze and getting rid of/dealing with that.
    Agreed but we're in deep trouble and we haven't got the time or the money to fix the underlying issues. If they do appoint Warnock, we'll probably stay up and City should actually bloody plan for next season now. They won't though because they're morons.

I'd wait until the final whistle of the Peterboro game to make a decision

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Agreed but we're in deep trouble and we haven't got the time or the money to fix the underlying issues. If they do appoint Warnock, we'll probably stay up and City should actually bloody plan for next season now. They won't though because they're morons.
    If he kept us up I'd put money on him staying for a further couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He wasn't a Swede.
    He wasn’t even a Turner

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    If he kept us up I'd put money on him staying for a further couple of years.
    That's what i fear.