+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: According to the Sun, Warnock's coming back

Re: According to the Sun, Warnock's coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Exactly, we cannot get relegated. We'd lose so much revenue, we'd struggle to come back or even survive as a club.
    I *think* we would lose a further 5m a year revenue + whatever loss from reduced crowds (at least that was the case a few seasons ago)

While not being good, that isn't as big a disaster for us as the parachute payments ending. And with all of the high earners out of contract we should be reasonably well placed to adapt.

I'd obviously prefer we stayed up, but warnock is not the solution.
    We were crap at the end of his time here and that was with a squad with a lot more money invested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    its annoying why bother to post if you cant be bothered to write it
    What is the trend for using initials all about? You got posters writing three of four paragraphs with full words yet when they come to a name they initialise it, makes them look like dicks I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    contract till the end of the season, see if he can keep us up, then what ? ? ?
    We all know what happens then.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What is the trend for using initials all about? You got posters writing three of four paragraphs with full words yet when they come to a name they initialise it, makes them look like dicks I reckon.
    dix

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd welcome him back with open arms love the mans enthusiasm , loved that promotion season ,loved the fact he nearly keto us us with a rag tag squad ,love the fact he engages with the community.

We will never be a top end passing side we are what we are a tough big hitting championship side which is what Warnock , Mick bring to the party .

Id have him as DOE with Morison as coach and him learning from NW the nuisances of the murky world of footy
    Forgetting The Dave Jones era are we? We can be a passing side again but we need the right men in not the donkeys we've had for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    If he kept us up I'd put money on him staying for a further couple of years.
    THIS.

Will put this club back years. Wouldn't surprise me.. They never learn.

There's no guarantee he'd keep us up of course. We were crap by the end of his time here

Agree

WTF is all that about

There's far too much use of these three letter acronyms (or TLA's as I call them) IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Compared to the loss of face if Tan delivers league 1 football…..
    Well, so far this window, he doesn't seem to be willing to invest in strengthening the team so, perhaps he accepts the possibility of relegation as a reality that is a preferable option to further indebtedness ? Re-appointing Colin may appear to be admission that he got it wrong in the first place when he sacked him and made two subsequent appointments that didn't turn out well either.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There's no guarantee he'd keep us up of course. We were crap by the end of his time here
    Nowhere near as crap as we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    We all know what happens then.
    Surely he’ll want to be on the beach in coooooornnwall

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    that's got more to do with the fact that we've had to cut costs so much because Warnock wasted all the premier League money than the manager

I remember where we were before he came but also remember where we were when he walked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's got more to do with the fact that we've had to cut costs so much because Warnock wasted all the premier League money than the manager
    We're far more likely to avoid relegation this season if we play our remaining games under Warnock instead of Morison. I don't like it any more than you do, but it's true.

As I think I mentioned before in this thread, chopping and changing managers I'm not a fan of.
    However, it does depend on circumstances and the club's / owner's aspirations.

SM (Steve Morison) has tried a few things, some have worked others have not but I don't think that he is any the wiser in exactly what his best team is or what is required to survive in this division.

We are fortunate that others around us have had points deductions because otherwise I would say we'd have been odds on for the drop.
    As it stands, a couple of wins could see us pull away and settle the nerves somewhat. Trouble is, we just don't look like a side that can win a single game.

That is why I say to the club go get who you can, preferably someone who has been in this position before, as it would be disastrous if we get relegated.
    I guess that means there is only one candidate really.

I say keep the faith, we will survive then we can build back better

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Fair point, I just think the idea that Warnock coming in would magically keep us up is assuming a lot. He also had a better squad to play with then

If the Board were panicking and seriously considering giving Warnock a call, surely they would have done it by now? He's been available for months. He's been available the whole time the window has been open.

Steve Morison has just done his Forest press conference and there are three days left in the window. If Warnock - or some other grizzled fire fighter - was going to arrive to save us from League One it would be monumentally stupid to make the change too late to affect the squad. We don't do monumentally stupid do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I say keep the faith, we will survive then we can build back better
    I'm with you on this.
    If the board are going to make a change though i hope they wait until after the Peterboro game to see where we are

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Fails-On-Line are reporting it too:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-22902369
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If the Board were panicking and seriously considering giving Warnock a call, surely they would have done it by now? He's been available for months. He's been available the whole time the window has been open.

Steve Morison has just done his Forest press conference and there are three days left in the window. If Warnock - or some other grizzled fire fighter - was going to arrive to save us from League One it would be monumentally stupid to make the change too late to affect the squad. We don't do monumentally stupid do we?
    Since when?

[QUOTE=splott parker;5268762]What is the trend for using initials all about? You got posters writing three of four paragraphs with full words yet when they come to a name they initialise it, makes them look like dicks I reckon.[/QUOTE)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

On the contrary, we had a phD in it…..

[QUOTE=Dorcus;5268814]
    What is the trend for using initials all about? You got posters writing three of four paragraphs with full words yet when they come to a name they initialise it, makes them look like dicks I reckon.[/QUOTE)
    I agreed with you initially but I have had a few pints and I'm abbreviated now.

I don't read the articles and just go straight for the BTL comments. My favourite today is 'Get Ramsey in on loan. He needs the game time'.

EDIT: For Mr P - BTL = Below The Line

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    dix
    Oh, there’s more than ten of them, mon ami