+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alfie Doughty - CONFIRMED

Re: Alfie doughty - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    6 points off the play offs with 2 games in hand.
    He was signed from Stoke, not Sheffield United. Try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This lad joined Stoke - a bang everage mid-table side - in February 2021 and hasn't made a single league start for them since. He could be anything.
    "bang everage"
    Should be "average" - and as this is an adjective it should be expressed as "bang-average".
    "A compound adjective is a multi-word adjective. Most compound adjectives are two-word adjectives, but they can be longer. Usually, a hyphen (or hyphens) is used to link the words together to show that it is one adjective. For example (compound adjectives shaded):
    Please request a four-foot table.
    ("Four-foot" is an adjective describing "table." A hyphen is used to link "four" and "foot" to show they are part of the same adjective.)
    It is a 6-page document.
    Claire worked as a part-time keeper at the safari park.
    That is an all-too-common mistake.
    (This is an example of a compound adjective with more than two words.)"

In view of these errors, probably best to ignore this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "bang everage"
    Should be "average" - and as this is an adjective it should be expressed as "bang-average".
    "A compound adjective is a multi-word adjective. Most compound adjectives are two-word adjectives, but they can be longer. Usually, a hyphen (or hyphens) is used to link the words together to show that it is one adjective. For example (compound adjectives shaded):
    ("Four-foot" is an adjective describing "table." A hyphen is used to link "four" and "foot" to show they are part of the same adjective.)
    It is a 6-page document.

Very illuminating. In a similar vein, is it thin-skinned or thin skinned?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "bang everage"
    It is a 6-page document.

But Edna was Everage, and not Edna-Everage.

Many thanks for the replies.
    I admit to being churlish and childish.
    To be so pedantic smacks of a poor level of education and an inferiority complex - a desire to show how educated and believable one is in contrast to the mob.

Re: Alfie Doughty - CONFIRMED

He has a tough job today but love he gives us natural width and can run with the ball at feet. Hopefully the more match fitness he gets the more of an asset he will be.

He was signed from Stoke, not Sheffield United. Try to keep up.
    My bad. We all make mistakes.

What you think after watching him play and not basing your opinion on stats?

Now you've got him

Logic would dictate that he will be able to answer your question having been at the game today - no doubt not having paid.

I didn’t have an opinion of him based on stats. In fact, I didn’t have an opinion of him at all. As I said previously, I’d never heard of him until Saturday morning and he could be anything based on his time at Stoke.

I thought he did OK yesterday, but he didn’t look match fit to me, which is not surprising given his limited game time at Stoke. We’ll no doubt see more of him in the coming weeks, so I’ll reserve judgement until he’s got a few games under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would dictate that he will be able to answer your question having been at the game today - no doubt not having paid.
    Do I have a stalker?

Do I have a stalker?
    Cover slipping it seems

I didn’t have an opinion of him based on stats. In fact, I didn’t have an opinion of him at all. As I said previously, I’d never heard of him until Saturday morning and he could be anything based on his time at Stoke.

I thought he did OK yesterday, but he didn’t look match fit to me, which is not surprising given his limited game time at Stoke. We’ll no doubt see more of him in the coming weeks, so I’ll reserve judgement until he’s got a few games under his belt.