+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The day Aaron Ramsey (almost) broke the internet

The day Aaron Ramsey (almost) broke the internet

"If Aaron Ramsey is pictured holding a Rangers top by end of play today I'll cut about town in assless chaps for the remainder of 2022."

The madness (and the mirth) of Aaron Ramsey's deadline day move to Rangers FC

https://nation.cymru/sport/the-day-a...-the-internet/

Re: The day Aaron Ramsey (almost) broke the internet

Strange move

It is a strange move, but I think it's a good move. He will develop confidence, he will be pulling the strings and hopefully getting match fit.

It's a weak league, but Celtic and Rangers both have to work hard to win and Rangers are still in the Europa League, unlike for example Leicester, so I dont think we should underestimate them.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    "If Aaron Ramsey is pictured holding a Rangers top by end of play today I'll cut about town in assless chaps for the remainder of 2022."

The madness (and the mirth) of Aaron Ramsey's deadline day move to Rangers FC

https://nation.cymru/sport/the-day-a...-the-internet/
    It's all too easy to poke holes in WOL's reporting, but:"It was the talk of the transfer window – just where would Aaron Ramsey end up." Was it, though? I've had a quick google for transfer deadline day headlines and it's not on the front page. The opening line is missing a question mark, but that's just standard by now.

Did it bollocks come close to even (almost) breaking the internet. It's one of a number of high profile moves on TDD.

Cut the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It is a strange move, but I think it's a good move. He will develop confidence, he will be pulling the strings and hopefully getting match fit.

It's a weak league, but Celtic and Rangers both have to work hard to win and Rangers are still in the Europa League, unlike for example Leicester, so I dont think we should underestimate them.
    It makes me wonder how many options Ramsey had. Surely there were clubs in more competitive leagues that wanted him. Maybe he's seeing it as a way of getting himself back up to scratch. Odd one.

He probably knows the Premiership is past him, even the rigours of the Championship can find older legs out .
    Up there he has fanatical support 50k at home games , they are in Europe, shirt merchandise , potential Gazza type idolisation, much higher profile than that at Burnley or Cardiff.

I'd not be shocked if Wales don't qualify he will just see the season out and retire .

The only downside for him is the Wales v Scotland game, he might see some Scottish players going in with full Scottish venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It makes me wonder how many options Ramsey had. Surely there were clubs in more competitive leagues that wanted him. Maybe he's seeing it as a way of getting himself back up to scratch. Odd one.
    He was strongly linked with Crystal Palace a week ago.

Maybe just paper talk. Maybe his agent generating attention. Maybe it was genuine?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He probably knows the Premiership is past him, even the rigours of the Championship can find older legs out .
    Up there he has fanatical support 50k at home games , they are in Europe, shirt merchandise , potential Gazza type idolisation, much higher profile than that at Burnley or Cardiff.

I'd not be shocked if Wales don't qualify he will just see the season out and retire .

The only downside for him is the Wales v Scotland game, he might see some Scottish players going in with full Scottish venom.
    Apparently Rangers have an option to buy, so I think he might play on for another year or two. Maybe to the next Euros?

I agree with you though (except the bit about the Prem - he's still more than good enough to play in that league). People can slate the Scottish game and it is tinpot, but I'd rather play for Rangers and compete for things than be in a dogfight with Burnley all day long. Especially if wages aren't an issue.

More than anything though he needs to be somewhere where his body is looked after and he gets a bit of leeway in his recovery after games. I think he's more likely to get that at a club where he's top dog.

Perhaps he wants a trophy/medal to keep - as good as he is, he hasn't actually won much (or has he?) He's virtually guaranteed one up there.

Queue a long list of trophies...

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Perhaps he wants a trophy/medal to keep - as good as he is, he hasn't actually won much (or has he?) He's virtually guaranteed one up there.

Queue a long list of trophies...
    Done well in a few FA Cups

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Done well in a few FA Cups
    And a Serie A medal