+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What does Morrison need to do

What does Morrison need to do

To get a penalty decision go his way ?

It looked one in the ground but have got home and seen on tv …a penalty all day !!

Also their No.9 Davis gets away with a shove on Ng just as the corner comes in …at the ground I thought Morrison was slow to pick him up, I take that back!

Re: What does Morrison need to do

Not sure, so obvious. Only thing I can think is when the ref looked they were both at it. Clear pen from the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not sure, so obvious. Only thing I can think is when the ref looked they were both at it. Clear pen from the replay.
    The linesman needs to play a part as well as he must have clearly saw that

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post

It looked one in the ground but have got home and seen on tv …a penalty all day !!

Also their No.9 Davis gets away with a shove on Ng just as the corner comes in …at the ground I thought Morrison was slow to pick him up, I take that back!
    Why was NG marking the big no 9 and Morrison marking zonally though? Strange

Problem was that the ref was following the ball and by the time he looked both players were on the floor.
    He didn't have a clue what happened.

Happens all the time with Morrison, especially when he’s the target of long throws. Never gets the decision even when wrestled to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Problem was that the ref was following the ball and by the time he looked both players were on the floor.
    Linesman should be flagging for something so obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Very true, although they should they don’t want to risk making a wrong decision.

I read somewhere that Cardiff and Swansea are the only Championship clubs not to be awarded a penalty so far this season. Crazy if true.

Nor did I 😂

It's ridiculous. Been like that for years.

Same with the Ralls foul he was running away, if he’d seen it it’s a straight red every time.

I do agree that Morrison doesn't get enough fouls against him at set pieces, but his biggest problem is that he sort of invites the contact because he gets physical as well, that's his job. If Morrison was more passive then he may get more from refs, but because he engages(but not necessarily fouling) it looks like both players are 'at it' which sort of gives the ref an out, so to speak, although he was really being pulled about today.

I didn't see it at the time neither. The highlights show it as clear as day, but nevermind. It didn't cost us the match after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    This.

They seem to call fouls when it suits them, perhaps they don't like the heat so steer clear of these ones..

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Very true, although they should they don’t want to risk making a wrong decision.
    "Hey ref, that forest player there has just wrestled the city player to the ground, not are what you saw but he started and finished it"

He's got to at least have the conversation.

Can see why they stay out of it mind

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I do agree that Morrison doesn't get enough fouls against him at set pieces, but his biggest problem is that he sort of invites the contact because he gets physical as well, that's his job. If Morrison was more passive then he may get more from refs, but because he engages(but not necessarily fouling) it looks like both players are 'at it' which sort of gives the ref an out, so to speak, although he was really being pulled about today.
    Just because it's his problem and he invites it doesn't mean he shouldn't be protected when he needs protecting.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post

Right? Sometimes I think why doesn't he doesn't go up to the ref before set pieces and just say "just watch me". I swear, if we had VAR he'd be worth at LEAST one pen a game. It's ****ing ridiculous. Do the refs not review their games?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yes, I agree with what you say. Morrisson is a very savvy and cagey player in the opposition's box. He uses aggression and force, then the moment the corner/freekick is taken he lets his body go a little 'soft", giving the impression he's the one being fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yes, I agree with what you say. Morrisson is a very savvy and cagey player in the opposition's box. He uses aggression and force, then the moment the corner/freekick is taken he lets his body go a little 'soft", giving the impression he's the one being fouled.
    Or it was just a foul and a penalty. Forget about Morrison and City, the grappling which passes for defending at set pieces these days is the worst part of the game itself in my opinion.