+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore - SIGNS FOR BOURNEMOUTH. CONFIRMED

Re: Kieffer Moore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60195361

Wales striker Kieffer Moore is leaving Cardiff City for Championship promotion-chasers Bournemouth.

At least he can't score against us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Seeing that he hasn't taken up vaccinations, i would say potential buyers may be worried by that
    That's a fair point and I wonder if it has put some clubs off, especially given the amount of games he's missed with us. Several clubs - including Man Utd - have said they're factoring this into their recruitment policy from now on so it's not an unreasonable assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bournemouth are also said to be close to a loan deal for Norwich midfielder Todd Cantwell. They’re clearly going for it.
    Scott Parker getting by on a shoestring budget as ever!

If Covid Moore has a medical this morning he'll probably fail it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bournemouth are also said to be close to a loan deal for Norwich midfielder Todd Cantwell. They’re clearly going for it.
    Now there's a player. I don't really understand what Parker sees in Moore. He's obviously not an EPL player. But I suppose at £3.5M, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Now there's a player. I don't really understand what Parker sees in Moore. He's obviously not an EPL player. But I suppose at £3.5M, why not?
    It’s a gamble worth paying. £3.5m now could help secure a £100m + promotion. If they go up they then loan him back to a championship club

Cantwell isn't a Premier League player either judging by his (lack of) performances for Norwich this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    It’s a gamble worth paying. £3.5m now could help secure a £100m + promotion. If they go up they then loan him back to a championship club
    Agree. But it won't be easy to loan him out if he's making £25 grand a week.

I pulled that figure from my arse by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Essentially, Cardiff City have been the same for most of the existence, selling their best players often for less than their value. We waited more than ten years for a player to score twenty goals in a season for us and we then sell him for a fee which will barely make a profit for us once Wigan have taken their cut - madness.
    Do we know what the cut is for Wigan??

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Think it's a little more than speculated but ultimately it's in line with what Wolves were offering so clearly seen as his market value. We rightly rejected that back in the summer but if anything his value has gone backwards.

Is he worth more than that to us, potentially. But he goes into last year of his contract in summer and no suggestion that he'll sign a new one.

I'm more concerned that he's going somewhere where he's unlikely to even start but I guess that's his decision.
    I'm not in the least bit concerned if he doesn't start. After his childish sulking this season he can rot on the bench as far as I care.

Bournemouth play Peterborough, Derby and Reading in consecutive games in March. If Kieffer scores the winner in each of those he will have helped more than moping around with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    According to this source we've accepted a £3.5m bid for him.

Disgustingly low.

https://twitter.com/markmcadamtv/sta...C3P7ZNJnw&s=19
    Didn't Wolves offer £10m for him at the end of the summer?

That is quite a significant drop in value over a relatively short period of time

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

That is quite a significant drop in value over a relatively short period of time
    We were asking for over £10m and Wolves didn't think that Moore was worth it.

Apparently the fee is £5m if Bournemouth go up.

He's gone from 20 goals in 42 appearances last year to 5 goals in 24, Covid twice and an ankle injury. It doesn't take a huge leap of faith to see why his value dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Sky and a few twitter sources are saying £3.5m

BBC and Wales Online are saying £5m

My guess is that Sky are getting their leaks from Bournemouth and BBC/WOL are getting theirs from Cardiff.

Probably complicated by add-ons and the Wigan cut.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Be shocked if we let anyone else out of first team squad with amount of games coming up.

Surridge seems to have made it to Twitter now.
    https://twitter.com/BBCSportWales/st...e4Gs1lyow&s=19

not that impressed with either deal this morning tbh

I hope we aren't paying much in loan fees for these deals. it is all very short sighted

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I hope we aren't paying much in loan fees for these deals. it is all very short sighted
    Moore wants to go, and he's out of contract in 2023. It's now or never. It's disappointing but what can you do?

Unfortunately, we've dug ourselves into too deep of a hole to be anything other than short-sighted. The mission now is to be out of the bottom three in May. That's it.

Unfortunately, we've dug ourselves into too deep of a hole to be anything other than short-sighted. The mission now is to be out of the bottom three in May. That's it.
    I don't know what the long term view on Moore should be though? The short sighted thing would be to keep him, or you could certainly argue that.

the fee for Moore is way too low, it is going to cost a lot more to get in a decent replacement in the summer.
    the loan move for surridge is also pointless, we have hughill, Collins, watters, Davies, and Harris and we typically play 2 up front.
    I'm not sure he's going to play that much, wouldn't we be better off keeping the money until the summer?

the fee for Moore is way too low, it is going to cost a lot more to get in a decent replacement in the summer.
    the loan move for surridge is also pointless, we have hughill, Collins, watters, Davies, and Harris and we typically play 2 up front.
    I'm not sure he's going to play that much, wouldn't we be better off keeping the money until the summer?
    I agree but if Wolves and Bournemouth won't budge on the valuation, it isn't going to get higher in the summer, it'll be much lower. I'm assuming it is 5m provided they go up.

Re Surridge, I'd have rather we signed a wing back if Ng is going to play inside, or even a mobile CB but we've got 13 games in 45 days. We need all hands on deck to get through that. We're playing 2 games a week for a month and a half!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I don't know what the long term view on Moore should be though? The short sighted thing would be to keep him, or you could certainly argue that.
    Said before. If he wasn't the Wales striker the general consensus would be we'd want to be shot of him. Funny thing is, if we do qualify for the WC then he'll be available for that for sure. Not my kind of striker and not impressed with him this season. As you mentioned just now, the priority is to stay up. Rebuilding and the rest can happen in the summer. I don't like the sheer number of loanees we'll have to rely on to do it as they're a sticking plaster.

But that's just the way it is now and on the plus side, I saw players busting a gut in the City shirt yesterday. The first time this season at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I agree but if Wolves and Bournemouth won't budge on the valuation, it isn't going to get higher in the summer, it'll be much lower. I'm assuming it is 5m provided they go up.

Re Surridge, I'd have rather we signed a wing back if Ng is going to play inside, or even a mobile CB but we've got 13 games in 45 days. We need all hands on deck to get through that. We're playing 2 games a week for a month and a half!
    wing backs we seem to favour ones who can carry the ball forward and stretch the opposition. while they're both good players that isn't really Ng or Bagan. I'd like them to give Semenyo a chance if there are opportunities towards the end of the season