+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore - SIGNS FOR BOURNEMOUTH. CONFIRMED

Re: Kieffer Moore - SIGNS FOR BOURNEMOUTH. CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Id feckin love it if Bournemouth fecked up.

Love to welcome Moore back next season.

Cant give him stick for Wales but he will be back sooner rather than later.
    Would cost an awful lot of money but would it be worth it? Potentially

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't think it's madness to sell a player that doesn't have his head in Cardiff. He hasn't been our player since he didn't move in the summer.

What's madness is keeping someone like that and getting less in the summer.

My opinion obviously.
    Agree the club were in a shit situation but it’s the first player in a while that I can remember that downed tools so quickly.

I get the frustration with us and how crap we are and I get he wants to play premier league whilst making a few quid, however, he’s come out of this looking like a bit of a ****

We would have all wished him well and approved the move if he hadn’t given up the last 6 months and instead it’s left a bitter taste in peoples mouths.

Either way, as long as we stay up it’s a reasonable bit of business, if we don’t it’s going to sting.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I myself keep Cardiff and Wales seperate. I'll want him to have good games and score goals for Wales but wish him nothing but a shit time at Bournemouth
    This.

Fair bit of what-have-you-done-for-us-lately with the Kieffer comments in the last couple of weeks. Our first 20 goal a season striker in ten years, this season stunted by injury and Covid and starting late. There was an air of opportunism about the fee we paid for him, he turns up and has to play in front of a plodding midfield (apart from Wilson) but still does well. There's an enquiry from a PL team and we ask silly money even though we're shedding players all over the shop.

We're rubbish but he still scores a few goals and collects a few head bandages along the way, including a (relatively) memorable hat-trick - two goals and a bandage - against Huddersfield. The bad attitude and the vaccine refusal may well be true but we don't know for sure and he might not be the only one regarding the latter.

I don't blame him for wanting to go; we've been a shambles for months. Footballers' "hearts" are never in it; they give 100% - or not - to stay in the team and maximise income. The rest is whatever narrative you choose. Good luck Kieffer. On we go.

Re: Kieffer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Essentially, Cardiff City have been the same for most of the existence, selling their best players often for less than their value. We waited more than ten years for a player to score twenty goals in a season for us and we then sell him for a fee which will barely make a profit for us once Wigan have taken their cut - madness.
    But he has been awful this season Paul; we are not selling him on at the top of his game. He may have scored 20 last season, but i would wager he will not get that this season. IMO opinion he will be to Bournemouth what Gary Madine was to us. In fact worse than that, he is damaged goods IMO. Covid and other injuries has slowed him right down. Furthermore, the club cannot be blamed for this transfer. It was Moore who wanted out and the club had to get what they could. This is an entirely different sale to that of say Toshack, Blake, Earnshaw etc. Lets be fair, when he was on fire the club did not let him go and valued him the same as what we as fans did. I think they got this one right. We move on.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Essentially, Cardiff City have been the same for most of the existence, selling their best players often for less than their value. We waited more than ten years for a player to score twenty goals in a season for us and we then sell him for a fee which will barely make a profit for us once Wigan have taken their cut - madness.
    But he has been awful this season Paul; we are not selling him on at the top of his game. He may have scored 20 last season, but i would wager he will not get that this season. IMO opinion he will be to Bournemouth what Gary Madine was to us. In fact worse than that, he is damaged goods IMO. Covid and other injuries has slowed him right down. Furthermore, the club cannot be blamed for this transfer. It was Moore who wanted out and the club had to get what they could. This is an entirely different sale to that of say Toshack, Blake, Earnshaw etc. Lets be fair, when he was on fire the club did not let him go and valued him the same as what we as fans did. I think they got this one right. We move on.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Fair bit of what-have-you-done-for-us-lately with the Kieffer comments in the last couple of weeks. Our first 20 goal a season striker in ten years, this season stunted by injury and Covid and starting late. There was an air of opportunism about the fee we paid for him, he turns up and has to play in front of a plodding midfield (apart from Wilson) but still does well. There's an enquiry from a PL team and we ask silly money even though we're shedding players all over the shop.

We're rubbish but he still scores a few goals and collects a few head bandages along the way, including a (relatively) memorable hat-trick - two goals and a bandage - against Huddersfield. The bad attitude and the vaccine refusal may well be true but we don't know for sure and he might not be the only one regarding the latter.

I don't blame him for wanting to go; we've been a shambles for months. Footballers' "hearts" are never in it; they give 100% - or not - to stay in the team and maximise income. The rest is whatever narrative you choose. Good luck Kieffer. On we go.
    Nah, he chucked the towel in. Terrible attitude just when we needed him more than ever. If he’d have applied himself properly, made an effort, scored a few more goals and f*cking tried, he’d have gone with our blessing. Most probably to a lower table Premier League club for a larger fee with a more lucrative contract, win/win for him and us. Instead he’s gone to, let’s be honest, a minnow because, perhaps, clubs who would have taken last season’s Kieffer Moore shied away because of the appalling way he’s conducted himself.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Is there a word to sum up the following;

Not happy with the move
    Not surprised with the move
    Disappointed with Moore’s attitude
    Not that bothered either
    Meh?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Nah, he chucked the towel in. Terrible attitude just when we needed him more than ever. If he’d have applied himself properly, made an effort, scored a few more goals and f*cking tried, he’d have gone with our blessing. Most probably to a lower table Premier League club for a larger fee with a more lucrative contract, win/win for him and us. Instead he’s gone to, let’s be honest, a minnow because, perhaps, clubs who would have taken last season’s Kieffer Moore shied away because of the appalling way he’s conducted himself.
    Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    He hasn't been awful, he's been unfit.
    He's only played 1500 minutes and has scored 5 goals, that works out as equivalent of 1 in 3.

Thats probably a better rate than any of our other strikers

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He hasn't been awful, he's been unfit.
    He's only played 1500 minutes and has scored 5 goals, that works out as equivalent of 1 in 3.

Thats probably a better rate than any of our other strikers
    Unfit, mainly through his own fault, a reason why he’s ended up at Bournemouth.

Agree the club were in a shit situation but it’s the first player in a while that I can remember that downed tools so quickly.

I get the frustration with us and how crap we are and I get he wants to play premier league whilst making a few quid, however, he’s come out of this looking like a bit of a ****

We would have all wished him well and approved the move if he hadn’t given up the last 6 months and instead it’s left a bitter taste in peoples mouths.

Either way, as long as we stay up it’s a reasonable bit of business, if we don’t it’s going to sting.
    I just don't feel his heart has been in it this season. OK, so he didn't get the move to Wolves and the Premier League he so desired, but that shouldn't preclude him from giving 100% for us (which I don't feel he did this season..). He seemed to give up the moment the deal in the summer fell through which is a crying shame.

I am also wondering whether his negative attitude on the pitch might have had an adverse effect on the other players around him. If he put in a transfer request then he is welcome to leave - we simply can't afford to carry peope who are not prepared to fight for the badge.

In a nutshell, he is a shadow of the man that played last season for us and, I for one, will not miss him.

Where you to? Don’t say Bournemouth
    I was, but no Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite right.

One comment was about how much it would cost to replace Moore. If we kept him, turned down his transfer requests and played him until his contract ran out in 18 months time we'd have an ineffective, moaning, not always fit striker who resented the club for not allowing him to improve his career. In such a scenario we'd end up bringing in another striker and having this star man warming the bench and even being dropped from the match day squad.

He didn't want to be here.

He wasn't scoring us 20 goals again. Ever.

Off he goes. **** him and his lack of effort.

Look at the abuse Tomlin gets, but oh wait he doesn't pull on a Wales shirt...

Is there a word to sum up the following;

Not happy with the move
    Not surprised with the move
    Disappointed with Moore’s attitude
    Not that bothered either
    ...what are the options again?

Unfit, mainly through his own fault, a reason why he’s ended up at Bournemouth.
    Conspiracy theory number one:——-
    Did he miss those 2 sitters at Bournemouth on purpose ?
    My dead nanna could have scored them

I see Cardiff City FC have done a negative PR number Moore to deflect attention away from themselves.

Fans now claiming he didnt try a leg when he actually played through injuries and was flogged half to death by Mick - upfront on his own, balls smashed to him relentlessly for 90 minutes.

Short memories. Good luck Kieffer.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I see Cardiff City FC have done a negative PR number Moore to deflect attention away from themselves.

Fans now claiming he didnt try a leg when he actually played through injuries and was flogged half to death by Mick - upfront on his own, balls smashed to him relentlessly for 90 minutes.

So he did his job when he faniced it with us, and didn't when he wasn't sold in the summer.

Memory is fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So he did his job when he faniced it with us, and didn't when he wasn't sold in the summer.

Memory is fine then.
    Hes been mainly injured or recovering from covid since the summer.

4 goals in 8 games since Mick left, but yeah he wasnt trying.

4 goals in 8 games since Mick left, but yeah he wasnt trying.
    yeah I don't understand the criticism of Moore this season at all. when he's played he's been the same player, aside from a couple of games when he's just come back from covid which is understandable. against Huddersfield nhe didn't stop running all game, and popped up with the winner in the 93rd minute, the last kick of the game.
    the main difference is the supply hasbt been there all season.

take Harry Wilson, Sheji Ojo, Junior Hoilett etc out of last season's squad and he wouldn't have scored 20 goals then either.
    we've had to slash the football budget because we've wasted all the premier League money, this has had a much bigger effect than how much Kieffer's hert is still in it.

Logic would indicate that McCarthy's comment on Peterboro's strikers on the weekend - "Strikers always complain about lack of service; you still back into defenders, throw yourself around" was a barb at Moore.

Moore was happy to sign the deal he's on with us. Wolves come in with a lowish bid which was then rejected, you saw the difference in Moore. Covid, change of agent to force a move, transfer request and a mysterious ankle injury which passed a medical at Bournemouth.

End of the day, he wants to earn more money sat on the bench backing up Solanke on the basis of a single good season at Championship level, fine - the way he went about it was disrespctful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Meh?
    Pretty much.

I don't think he's worth a boo when he comes back but it feels like for ****s sake Kieffer

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that McCarthy's comment on Peterboro's strikers on the weekend - "Strikers always complain about lack of service; you still back into defenders, throw yourself around" was a barb at Moore.

Why would 'logic indicate' that?