+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FT: BARNSLEY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BARNSLEY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Curtis Nelson was injured for the Forest game and is not available tonight - will we see an end to Ng at centreback when he's fit again? I hope not.
    Albert Lamour.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I really hope that the team aren't complacent tonight owing to Barnsley's league position.

Any complacency would be unfounded anyway, particularly after just one win in ages...
    We've won 3 out of our last 10 games - but lost 5, including against Hull and Bristol who aren't good.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Curtis Nelson was injured for the Forest game and is not available tonight - will we see an end to Ng at centreback when he's fit again? I hope not.
    Thats disappointing I was hoping he was dropped. I hope Morison doesn't automatically bring him back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Thats disappointing I was hoping he was dropped. I hope Morison doesn't automatically bring him back in.
    we have a lot of fixtures this month, I'm sure he'll be back in at some point

Will Vaulks 79th minute screamer.

After going 1 nil up in the first half we don't capitalise on our domination and get pegged back on the hour. Up steps Will Vaulks to save the day from 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if Ng plays as well against Barnsley tonight then it might not be easy for him to get back in the side.
    my only concern is if sides start to target him physically, I know the goal against forest was a blatant foul, but it's hard to imagine someone like Aden flint getting bullied like that.
    What? Being pushed in the back and not knowing about it? I'd love for anyone on here to be pushed in the back not knowing about it and "stand their ground physically"

we have a lot of fixtures this month, I'm sure he'll be back in at some point
    Let's hope not

Seen on Twitter that Ralls has a knock and is likely out: https://twitter.com/bmurphy1981/stat...933806082?s=21

First time in a while that I'm looking forward to watching the game.
    Most of the season has felt like an obligation to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    First time in a while that I'm looking forward to watching the game.
    Most of the season has felt like an obligation to watch.
    Same here, it’s amazing what a win and a decent performance can do isn’t it. It’s annoying how those bastards in blue affect your life

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    Seen on Twitter that Ralls has a knock and is likely out: https://twitter.com/bmurphy1981/stat...933806082?s=21
    Well that's not ideal

Ralls will be a big miss. Probably liability Vaulks to step in unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well that's not ideal
    probably vaulks to step in then, and pack on the bench?

probably vaulks to step in then, and pack on the bench?
    Vaulks is half the player Ralls is

Pack was on the bench last weekend wasn't he? May see someone like King on there to replace Vaulks if Ralls is injured, Bacuna seems to have gone out of favour completely

Pack was on the bench last weekend wasn't he? May see someone like King on there to replace Vaulks if Ralls is injured, Bacuna seems to have gone out of favour completely
    I'd forgotten about him.
    It'd be nice to see a king or bowen on there, but they both played in Bristol yesterday

Vaulks is not even a 10th the player of Joe. I've been really looking forward to this game so much and now I've got the prospect of Vaulks starting! Shit!

Vaulks is not even a 10th the player of Joe. I've been really looking forward to this game so much and now I've got the prospect of Vaulks starting! Shit!
    He seems to have little focus on trying to play football. Instead, he gets into numerous little spats and always walks a tightrope of getting sent off.

Such a poor footballer!

Match facts

• Barnsley have won just one of their last 15 Football League games against Cardiff (D5 L9), with each of the last two meetings ending in a draw.
    • Cardiff have lost just one of their previous 11 Football League trips to Barnsley (W7 D3), with that defeat coming in November 2009 courtesy of a Carl Dickinson winner.
    • Barnsley have lost two of their three home league games on a Wednesday this season (W1), having lost just one of the previous 12 (W5 D6).
    • Cardiff are without a win in four Championship away games (D2 L2), two of which have taken place in 2022 (D1 L1), they haven’t failed to win any of their first three Football League away games in a calendar year since 2015 (run of four – D2 L2).
    • Cardiff’s James Collins has five goals in seven Football League appearances against Barnsley, all of which were scored during his time at Luton.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Vaulks old stomping ground..
    Vaulks played for Rotherham, not Barnsley.

The Tykes are on an incredibly bad run - 11 Championship matches without a win. 8 defeats in that run. They even needed extra time to beat Barrow, who are 20th in League Two.

Their last league win (one of only two in 2021/22) was three months ago. They really are a terrible side this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The Tykes are on an incredibly bad run - 11 Championship matches without a win. 8 defeats in that run. They even needed extra time to beat Barrow, who are 20th in League Two.

Their last league win (one of only two in 2021/22) was three months ago. They really are a terrible side this season.
    Surely we will play the same team we did v forest? Absolute madness to change it, this game is there for the taking and vital, far more so than Sundays gloryshow

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely we will play the same team we did v forest? Absolute madness to change it, this game is there for the taking and vital, far more so than Sundays gloryshow
    Ralls injured and I hope this is the only change. We certainly don’t want Steve Morison overthinking things. It’s no time to attempt to be a tactical genius, if things are working ok, which they were against Forest, leave it be if injuries allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He seems to have little focus on trying to play football. Instead, he gets into numerous little spats and always walks a tightrope of getting sent off.

Such a poor footballer!
    I can't think of any positives with him except for his long throw; but we certainly didn't miss it Sunday and I would suggest we need to get as far away from it as possible.

My only gripe with the transfer business was that we let Tom Sang go out on loan. I was rather hoping Morison would keep him to avoid exactly this unfortunate position we find ourselves in tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Fans of most teams we are about to play probably think we were/are a terrible side.
    Barnsley have been poor but anything can happen in the championship let's hope the Forest win wasn't a one off..

I can't think of any positives with him except for his long throw; but we certainly didn't miss it Sunday and I would suggest we need to get as far away from it as possible.

My only gripe with the transfer business was that we let Tom Sang go out on loan. I was rather hoping Morison would keep him to avoid exactly this unfortunate position we find ourselves in tonight.
    I felt the same regarding Sang. Perhaps the thinking was that with Bowen close to a 1st Team squad return, the risk of letting Sang go was worth it?

He scores the odd worldie as well, I like him