+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: FT: BARNSLEY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BARNSLEY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was last chance saloon for them, playing a team at home who are having a dreadful season as well. All in all a tremendous three points.....it doesn’t matter, sometimes, how you get them, it’s how the table is looking at this present moment that counts, it’s everything in our present predicament.
    Circumstances can dictate performance. It was a game that neither team could lose, although a draw would have been ok for us. It was always going to be rickety.

Barnsley really should have scored 2-3 tonight. Poor poor finishing

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Attachment 4775

It’s bloody close.

Think it’s just the right decision but I’m really not sure

The ball game off McGuiness on the way through , so it should have stood

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Attachment 4775

It’s bloody close.

Think it’s just the right decision but I’m really not sure
    looks like 5 of them offside

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It's when the ball leaves the Barnsley players foot where the decision to give offside is made.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    What the hell is all that about .

Lovely little, ‘C’mon’ from Davies

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It is when the ball is played though, even if it did come off the defender.

If the man who puts the ball in the net when it is struck forward by his teammate is offside, then it was correctly disallowed.

I must admit I thought it was offside but it was backed up by the biased Barnsley football commentary.

Edit: Sky reporting it was "onside"

The lowest points total any Championship team has recorded in the last 20 years was 23 by Rotherham in 2016/17. I reckon there's every chance Barnsley will end up with a lower tally than that. They're truly terrible.

The fact that City looked so poor against a side with such a woeful record should be a concern, but it looks like two of the relegation places are already filled and it's a two-horse race to avoid the third spot.

The rest of the season is going to be a really strange affair - a manager whose contract is up in the summer, five loan players, a load of others who look certain to be gone in a few months, and a supposed attempt to change the team's style of play while employing two Warnockesque lumps up front.

How this is going to turn out is anyone's guess, but at least relegation looks to be only a remote possibility now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's when the ball leaves the Barnsley players foot where the decision to give offside is made.

I s’pose so, when the pass is made initially there are a few of them in a offside position.

Good stuff.

It was last chance saloon for them, playing a team at home who are having a dreadful season as well. All in all a tremendous three points.....it doesn’t matter, sometimes, how you get them, it’s how the table is looking at this present moment that counts, it’s everything in our present predicament.
    It's a great 3 points for us. There must be some sort of stat or record or trophy for 20th in the table for x number of weeks (we are still 20th?) Could be our chance at some silverware.

Glad all traveling fans had a result after that and the journey.

Lovely little, ‘C’mon’ from Davies
    Doyle

Sky just claimed the decision was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Sky just claimed the decision was wrong
    That it wasn't offside? I haven't got a clue, although i'll take it!

That it wasn't offside? I haven't got a clue, although i'll take it!
    Yes the offside but didn't show any evidence

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The lowest points total any Championship team has recorded in the last 20 years was 23 by Rotherham in 2016/17. I reckon there's every chance Barnsley will end up with a lower tally than that. They're truly terrible.

The fact that City looked so poor against a side with such a woeful record should be a concern, but it looks like two of the relegation places are already filled and it's a two-horse race to avoid the third spot.

The rest of the season is going to be a really strange affair - a manager whose contract is up in the summer, five loan players, a load of others who look certain to be gone in a few months, and a supposed attempt to change the team's style of play while employing two Warnockesque lumps up front.

How this is going to turn out is anyone's guess, but at least relegation looks to be only a remote possibility now.
    I wouldn’t have Hugill down as a ‘lump’, he’s only six feet tall, smaller than the majority of centre backs I’d imagine. Ikpeazu on the other hand is just under six/four, now he is a lump.

Good stuff.
    Morison's just improved his chances of getting that Guy Ritchie gig he's been auditioning for at the press conferences!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Yes the offside but didn't show any evidence
    I couldn't tell from the camera angle that i saw it from. I'm of the opinion that you win some and you lose some.

Morrisons post-match comments tonight on the scuffle and the bad tackle on Doughty.

On the post-match altercation, Morison said: "The [Barnsley] assistant manager didn't like the fact that they lost and didn't handle it very well. It was fine, he just picked the wrong person.

"It was an awful tackle [by Barnsley's Mads Andersen on Cardiff's Alfie Doughty]. That was why there was so much passion at the end because that was a real naughty tackle.

"They were hiding towels for long throws and being really nasty, and you know what happens when people are like that? They get their comeuppance and it's karma."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60135775

Doyle
    I stand erected

I wouldn’t have Hugill down as a ‘lump’, he’s only six feet tall, smaller than the majority of centre backs I’d imagine. Ikpeazu on the other hand is just under six/four, now he is a lump.
    Agree, but it was a Warnockesque performance 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Morison's just improved his chances of getting that Guy Ritchie gig he's been auditioning for at the press conferences!
    Yup, i love a bit of nonsense like that, i know it's cliched, but a bit of old fashioned togetherness, backing each other up etc is good for morale in my opinion. Performed poorly but showed character tonight, love it

I stand erected
    Those pills Tit gave you really do work then