+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey to Glasgow Rangers? - CONFIRMED

Ramsey to Glasgow Rangers? - CONFIRMED

Re: Ramsey to Glasgow Rangers?

Wouldn't be my first choice. But as long as he gets game time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wouldn't be my first choice. But as long as he gets game time.
    To coin the Meatloaf lyric, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Poor move for him.

That is a shocking move. Talk about coming down in the world.
    The question is, can he do it on a wet night in Livingston?

Bloody hell. Arsenal > Juventus > Rangers. It's got to be his injury history, hasn't it? I know it's all about the money but the romantic in me wishes he'd come back to us and help us stay up, get fit and game time for the WC qualifier and then decide what to do after the end of the season (imagine if Wales qualify and Cardiff City is next to his name in the program).

I wonder how much of the wages they are paying

I wonder how the unionists will take to a Welsh Nationalist....Celtic would be a better fit.

Can’t believe he’s dropping to that standard.already. He’ll be a stand out player in that Mickey mouse league.
    He’ll also get 1st hand experience of all the hatred and religious bile that goes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Poor move for him.
    Weird move…I don’t suppose they pay that well surely? He’s not going to get 400,000 a week but could they even afford 50? Surprised Newcastle didn’t get him

Such a shame for him to be playing at that level, but I suppose it's better than not playing at all.

Juve paying a massive amount of his wages still

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Juve paying a massive amount of his wages still
    Don’t know much about dealings like this, but surely that’s ridiculously unfair on clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc, who are constantly up against it already.

Lack of ambition. A few PL clubs would have taken him, unless he got injured in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t know much about dealings like this, but surely that’s ridiculously unfair on clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc, who are constantly up against it already.
    I'm sure juve would do the same if another Scottish team took him and he wanted to go. What's not fair?

He'd play a better standard of football by playing in the Championship (for us! )

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm sure juve would do the same if another Scottish team took him and he wanted to go. What's not fair?
    What’s obviously unfair, is a team get a player of Ramseys ability, but only have to pay a fraction of his wages. They couldn’t afford him otherwise.
    It must happen a lot in leagues all over the world. Still seems very unfair to me. Does it not to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Lack of ambition. A few PL clubs would have taken him, unless he got injured in the dressing room.
    He’ll be getting stretchered ON soon!

What’s obviously unfair, is a team get a player of Ramseys ability, but only have to pay a fraction of his wages. They couldn’t afford him otherwise.
    It must happen a lot in leagues all over the world. Still seems very unfair to me. Does it not to you?
    Did you say the same when we got Bellamy?

Modern day football isn't it. The big boys sign up all the top players and in some cases they get farmed out to smaller clubs on loan. Happened with us when we got Bellamy first time around. We never would have been able to afford him but his links with Cardiff got us the deal.
    I honestly don't know what the attraction is for Rambo to head up there though.

It's a fair point you make. I've never really viewed it like that, but yeah effectively Juve are paying Rangers 250,000 a week or whatever

Maybe he thinks he can take it easier in Scotland.

It's a very shrewd move by Ramsey. Guaranteed starter, playing in a winning team, lots of game time ahead of the play-offs. And ultimately he will shine like a diamond and will put himself in the shop window for a potential good move in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Did you say the same when we got Bellamy?
    Indeed i did. I’m not blinkered.

If he does go there, he may get kicked to f*ck in the lead up to the World Cup play offs.