+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back in for Uche Ikpeazu - SIGNED CONFIRMED

Re: Back in for Uche Ikpeazu

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's not really a very unsettled career, went from reading to watford at age 18, then had a few loan moves while he was a youngster at watford.
    They eventually released him and he ended up at Cambridge, from there he's moved up and up, SPL, Championship
    Fair enough it doesn't sound so bad now you have explained but what TLG has just stated he last scored many moons ago.
    I will be hoping he will click here and be successful

Re: Back in for Uche Ikpeazu - SIGNED CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Very unsettled career for some reason but i'll hold my judgement until he's played some games for Cardiff
    I don't fancy him in the slightest but now he's signed I'm willing to give him a chance: hopefully he'll show me up for my lack of football knowledge 😂 He's a bluebird now so welcome to him. By the way have you got any idea how we pronounce his name?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ikpeazu's career so far:

Reading
    Didcot Town (loan)
    Watford
    Crewe (loan)
    Crewe (again, loan)
    Doncaster (loan)
    Crewe (yet again, loan)
    Port Vale (loan)
    Blackpool (loan)
    Cambridge
    Hearts
    Wycombe
    Middlesbrough
    Cardiff

He's 26.

Extraordinary.
    He was only 6 when he started

The move made the news here in Uganda as he was selected for the Ugandan national team, but the matches he was due to play in were postponed. I think he could have played for Nigeria or Uganda.

As someone with Nigerians in my family (or me in theirs) and Ugandans, I hope this works out.....but my take... he is bloody strong and aggressive, he destroyed us this season.. but is that more to do with our lightweight approach or his physicality and strength? Maybe both

Is he a championship level striker? no, not as a goal-scorer, but he does get a lot of assists and and wins a lot of ball.

I think it is about what we need from him.... get on the end of crosses, hold the ball up, cause havoc and hopefully score a few goals...

Someone posted home many teams he has had in his career... we are his 12th -Bournemouth are Moores 12th club, although Moore is a few years older.

We need the guy for a few months to help keep us up... he can certainly make a contribution and one thing we love at city is a fighter, he and Hugill are certainly that!

Scored a good goal in the cup the other week, few more like that please.

He gives us options, maybe not as first choice, but we have lots of games coming up and we have at least 6 forwards to choose from.
    Wherever he is in the pecking order it's up to him and the other 5 to show that they deserve to be first name in the managers thoughts .
    Competition can only be healthy.

With the new players arriving and Wintle and Watters returning we have real options now throughout the squad

It’s a loan and I think he will have his uses. Could be better could be worse but we certainly have options now and I think he adds something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    hmmm. Oumar Niasse mkII ?
    Racist. Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He is able to impress many clubs. Look at how many clubs want him back on loan. Sounds like we've uncovered an absolute gem.

Thanks for your investigative work. I feel much more positive now.
    yep crewe

Only seen him a couple of times on TV, but he looked good with the ball at his his feet and a quick turn of pace. We've been looking for different options up front and I thin he def. gives us one. I also think Morison isn't too impressed with Collins - lots of huffing and puffing and keeps giving away free kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Only seen him a couple of times on TV, but he looked good with the ball at his his feet and a quick turn of pace. We've been looking for different options up front and I thin he def. gives us one. I also think Morison isn't too impressed with Collins - lots of huffing and puffing and keeps giving away free kicks.
    Agree, Collins is an honest trier but not much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Agree, Collins is an honest trier but not much more than that.
    But I’m fairly sure that Collins has the best career goals/game ratio at the club. Not too excited about the Ikpeazu signing - one of the lessons of this window for me is that Cardiff City’s infatuation with “the big man up front” is as strong as it’s ever been, probably stronger, now we have three of them! Have one or two by all means so that you can mix your play up a bit, but from what I’ve seen of Ikpeazu is that nearly every ball played up to him becomes a battle and often ends up in a free kick either way, thereby helping make the game the sort of stop start affair that Neil Warnock favoured.

I would have much preferred it if the rumoured Michael Hector link had come to something. He’s a good defender at this level who can play out from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But I’m fairly sure that Collins has the best career goals/game ratio at the club. Not too excited about the Ikpeazu signing - one of the lessons of this window for me is that Cardiff City’s infatuation with “the big man up front” is as strong as it’s ever been, probably stronger, now we have three of them! Have one or two by all means so that you can mix your play up a bit, but from what I’ve seen of Ikpeazu is that nearly every ball played up to him becomes a battle and often ends up in a free kick either way, thereby helping make the game the sort of stop start affair that Neil Warnock favoured.

I would have much preferred it if the rumoured Michael Hector link had come to something. He’s a good defender at this level who can play out from the back.
    I'd say we have 2 "big man up front" types. Hugill first choice and Ikpeazu as backup. I don't think Collins plays that role effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd say we have 2 "big man up front" types. Hugill first choice and Ikpeazu as backup. I don't think Collins plays that role effectively.
    But that’s the role he’s played virtually all the time he’s been on the pitch for us as there was very little time when he and Moore were playing together.

Reading
    Didcot Town (loan)
    Watford
    Crewe (loan)
    Crewe (again, loan)
    Doncaster (loan)
    Crewe (yet again, loan
    Blackpool (loan)
    Cambridge
    Hearts
    Wycombe
    Middlesbrough
    Cardiff
    Was his father an engine driver. Quite a few iconic Railway stations in that lot.

Do we really need all four of Collins, Hugill, Ikpeazu, and Watters as striking options, plus Isaak Davies and Mark Harris? Someone is going to be the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Do we really need all four of Collins, Hugill, Ikpeazu, and Watters as striking options, plus Isaak Davies and Mark Harris? Someone is going to be the odd man out.
    It's all about having healthy competition for a starting place in the team. If they produce the goods they're in, if not then they don't play. Look at Liverpool's forwards; Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota, Minamino etc. They all can't get a game but Jota in particular has been brilliant in forcing his way into the starting XI by virtue of some outstanding performances. What we need is our players to show similar determination to make a first team place their own. With no competition it's easy for complacency to creep in.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Reading
    Didcot Town (loan)
    Watford
    Crewe (loan)
    Crewe (again, loan)
    Doncaster (loan)
    Crewe (yet again, loan
    Blackpool (loan)
    Cambridge
    Hearts
    Wycombe
    Middlesbrough
    Cardiff
    Was his father an engine driver. Quite a few iconic Railway stations in that lot.
    Needs to get his career back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Needs to get his career back on track.
    I just hope he's not a sleeper.

What do the following have in common:
    Alan Lee
    Gary Madine
    Solomon Taiwo

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    If we stick with a 3-5-2 then absolutely. Harris isn't good enough, Davies won't start most games and Collins hasn't scored enough. We need Hugill, Ikpeazu and Watters to step up because the alternative isn't up to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    If we stick with a 3-5-2 then absolutely. Harris isn't good enough, Davies won't start most games and Collins hasn't scored enough. We need Hugill, Ikpeazu and Watters to step up because the alternative isn't up to scratch
    there are also plenty of variations we can make on the formation.
    swapping one of the 3 CMs for an AM or even a third striker are also sometimes used.

3-4-2-1, 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3
    the latter can be played with 3 central strikers and plenty of people in the box for the wingbacks to aim for.
    Hugill, Ikpeazu and Davies/Watters together in a 3 would be a handful,

Quote Originally Posted by Tonbridge Blue View Post
    Alan Lee
    Gary Madine
    Solomon Taiwo
    they all played football for Cardiff city?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonbridge Blue View Post
    Alan Lee
    Gary Madine
    Solomon Taiwo
    They're all guilty of impersonating footballers?

They all signed for City after having a good game against us.
    Exactly the same as Ikpeazu
    Hopefully does not turn out like the others