Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
This is a good idea. Something has to be done. The EFL or individual clubs could easily have banned ALL City fans from attending away games for the foreseeable future as a result of this incident (and other previous). Would people have preferred that ? The actions of the minority do unfortunately reflect on all of us and perhaps this decision will focus peoples minds and make some think twice before engaging in this sort of thing again. There were a number of people filmed in those toilets that weren't actively engaged in the vandalism but just stood around watching and laughing. Why didn't they step in and try to stop it ? Why should the club have to pay for the actions of a bunch of moronic people who follow the club ? It has happened too often in the past and the club has always paid the price in fines and costs. If this is the kind of activity fans are going to engage in at away grounds then it probably would be better if no one went.
Spot on. Why aren't my grandkids allowed to take a bottle of pop to games - because a few idiots thought is was fun to throw bottles onto the pitch i.e. we are all punished for the antics of a few. I suggested in another thread that it would be a good gesture if supporters voluntarily send a few quid to the club towards the cost of the vandalism but, let's say, there was less than an enthusiastic response! I believe this would have preempted any moves by the club such as we now see.