+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Re: Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Has anybody checked the club are allowed to do this? I thought there were league rules to restrict clubs meddling with away ticket prices on an ad-hoc basis. Rarely travel away so could be completely wrong about that.

The worst thing is that the people who will be punished the most, is those who travel away the most. If you go to lots of away games, you will end up paying more than anyone else. So our keenest fans, those who gladly travel to the far-flung grounds of the League, just to watch CCFC, are the ones who will have to pay for the idiocy of those who turn up once in a blue moon, and cause trouble.

Why shouldn't we responsible for our own hooligans ?

The club are doing the right thing by being responsible for our supporters.

We are all in this together , until it doesn't suit us ... £1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Go on....
    He was a bully boy ....

Go on....
    I was thinking very generally. Dealing with violence with violence (unless in self-defence) never ends well. It was a flippant response. Didn't mean anything personal.

I remember Gwyne Davies writing that a few needed a slap while travelling on the valley coaches back in the day. So it's been done in the past.
    The same Gwyn Davies who made threats to supporters who challenged the rebrand? I’m not sure he’s best example to use or some of the peanuts who used to travel on the valley rams coaches. I used them a couple of times and it was an eye opener and I’m not easily shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The same Gwyn Davies who made threats to supporters who challenged the rebrand? I’m not sure he’s best example to use or the peanuts who used to travel on the valley rams coaches. I used them a couple of times and it was an eye opener and I’m not easily shocked.
    More than just threats .
    Where is he now?

And another thing....how long will it go on for? Say the damage costs £10,000. That means it's paid for once 10,000 people go to away matches. Say 1000 at Barnsley, 2500 at Millwall, 1200 Huddersfield, 2500 at QPR, 1000 Middlesbrough, and 2500 at reading should see it done. If it goes on any longer than that, then they're saving up for something...
    I hope someone keeps track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He was a bully boy ....
    Judo international wasn't he? Big!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Judo international wasn't he? Big!
    Yep . Strong as well .. Didn't mean he had to be bowed down to ............

More than just threats .
    Where is he now?
    Boycotting until we go back to red

The same Gwyn Davies who made threats to supporters who challenged the rebrand? I’m not sure he’s best example to use or some of the peanuts who used to travel on the valley rams coaches. I used them a couple of times and it was an eye opener and I’m not easily shocked.
    I think someone may have published a 'book' about them

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think someone may have published a 'book' about them
    The "books" were long before the red affair...........

Shouldn’t be up to fans to self-police drunken idiots. That’s what the police and stewards are paid for.
    Agreed but a degree of self policing wouldn’t go amiss. I’m sure some amongst the fan base would volunteer. They wouldn’t really care if they were friend or foe as long as they could belt someone.

Not happy with this at all. Like everyone else I spend a fortune travelling away; I was hoping it was Barnsley away this coming weekend because I’d already paid for trains. No problem. Liverpool instead. Overnight stay now because the club agreed to a kick off time that was un achievable to make by public transport. Extra tv revenue I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    And another thing....how long will it go on for? Say the damage costs £10,000. That means it's paid for once 10,000 people go to away matches. Say 1000 at Barnsley, 2500 at Millwall, 1200 Huddersfield, 2500 at QPR, 1000 Middlesbrough, and 2500 at reading should see it done. If it goes on any longer than that, then they're saving up for something...
    I hope someone keeps track.
    It's only adult tickets aswell remember, so any kids or oap tickets don't have the extra charge.

The "books" were long before the red affair...........
    Once you've read one, you've read them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogota Blue View Post
    Not happy with this at all. Like everyone else I spend a fortune travelling away; I was hoping it was Barnsley away this coming weekend because I’d already paid for trains. No problem. Liverpool instead. Overnight stay now because the club agreed to a kick off time that was un achievable to make by public transport. Extra tv revenue I guess.
    You don't have to go you know

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You don't have to go you know
    What an odd reply

£1 isn't going to break the bank but I just don't understand why anyone thought this was a good idea.

We're playing Huddersfield away in 3 weeks time on a Wednesday night. So we're going to reward our fans who travel on a near 450 mile round trip with an extra charge... to teach those who smashed the toilets up in Bristol a lesson (I can almost guarantee none of those will be in Huddersfield).

As I said the £1 isn't an issue, it's the whole principle behind it.

As it stands I bought my Millwall and Huddersfield tickets a while ago... So I'm £2 up

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Would the books be found in the fact or fiction section in my local library?
    Depends where they keep the recycling bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogota Blue View Post
    What an odd reply
    I am willing to open up a just giving page for you .

Or just send you a pound . And another one each time you go to an away game .

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    £1 isn't going to break the bank but I just don't understand why anyone thought this was a good idea.

We're playing Huddersfield away in 3 weeks time on a Wednesday night. So we're going to reward our fans who travel on a near 450 mile round trip with an extra charge... to teach those who smashed the toilets up in Bristol a lesson (I can almost guarantee none of those will be in Huddersfield).

As I said the £1 isn't an issue, it's the whole principle behind it.

As it stands I bought my Millwall and Huddersfield tickets a while ago... So I'm £2 up
    We are all in it together ...
    I will reimburse anyone who feels they shouldn't pay for their fellow supporters

Am I missing something? why the sarky replies?

I go away regular including Bristol, not sure if its fair to pay a tw@t tax when you havent done anything wrong. Geez.

We are all in it together ...
    I will reimburse anyone who feels they shouldn't pay for their fellow supporters
    I don’t think any of the fans really want to pay it so just send the club a cheque for £20k. In it together