+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Goodwillie.

David Goodwillie.

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject...rom%20%251%24s

Werent we strongly linked with him about 10 years ago?

Re: David Goodwillie.

We were, I think maybe we signed Thompson instead.

I'm pretty sure we were linked with ivor pecker

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I'm pretty sure we were linked with ivor pecker
    David Badwillie. Good on her for withdrawing sponsorship. Wouldn’t want a known rapist playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject...rom%20%251%24s

Werent we strongly linked with him about 10 years ago?
    Yes. I'm not sure if Jones tried to sign him around the same time as we ended up with Willo Flood.

Malky had a bid of £2m accepted for him in 2011 as he tried to turn us into Scotland's B team. Think he went somewhere else at the last minute, Rangers maybe? We ended up with Kenny Miller.

Didn't he used to play for Oldham Down Athletic?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. I'm not sure if Jones tried to sign him around the same time as we ended up with Willo Flood.

Malky had a bid of £2m accepted for him in 2011 as he tried to turn us into Scotland's B team. Think he went somewhere else at the last minute, Rangers maybe? We ended up with Kenny Miller.
    Blackburn I think

?

"Denise Clair said she was raped by Goodwillie and another player at a flat in Armadale, West Lothian, in 2011 after a night out in nearby Bathgate.

Both Goodwillie and Dundee United player David Robertson accepted that they had sex with her but maintained it was consensual."

No criminal charges?

Wasn't Ched Evans cleared after admitting consensual sex when the woman claimed rape?

I am not defending him before the usual doo gooder brigade lump on me, but I can't see where he was convicted or admitted to anything?

Jessica Ennis Hill had enough to say about Evans too, nothing after he was cleared though, funnily enough. To my knowledge no apology from her once he was cleared..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    ?

"Denise Clair said she was raped by Goodwillie and another player at a flat in Armadale, West Lothian, in 2011 after a night out in nearby Bathgate.

Both Goodwillie and Dundee United player David Robertson accepted that they had sex with her but maintained it was consensual."

No criminal charges?

Wasn't Ched Evans cleared after admitting consensual sex when the woman claimed rape?

I am not defending him before the usual doo gooder brigade lump on me, but I can't see where he was convicted or admitted to anything?

Jessica Ennis Hill had enough to say about Evans too, nothing after he was cleared though, funnily enough. To my knowledge no apology from her once he was cleared..
    He was found guilty in a civil trial. Rape is notoriously difficult to prove and 96% don't make it to criminal trials.

?

No criminal charges?

I'm no fan of ennis, but interested as to why you think Evans deserved an apology. His actions were a disgrace

Bloody Doo Gooder brigade not wanting to shag people pissed out of their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'm no fan of ennis, but interested as to why you think Evans deserved an apology. His actions were a disgrace
    Because he didn't commit rape.

She babbled on about a rapist being at the club blah blah. Said nothing when he was cleared, as far as I can see.

The fact him and a mate have had sex with a girl at the same time though may not be whatnot call perfect behaviour from a public figure, but its hardly a disgrace, happens in every town and village up and down the country where people have sex with more than one person. Its not just in them xxx videos

He deserved an apology for the way she came out and spoke about him.

She babbled on about a rapist being at the club blah blah. Said nothing when he was cleared, as far as I can see.

The fact him and a mate have had sex with a girl at the same time though may not be whatnot call perfect behaviour from a public figure, but its hardly a disgrace, happens in every town and village up and down the country where people have sex with more than one person. Its not just in them xxx videos

I don’t want to go through this for the 1000 time but she was too pissed to walk. He snuck in through the fire escape of a hotel and started shagging her while his mate already was.

No one thinks the threesome is the bad part of it.

Im not saying whether he’s a rapist or not but I can see why he was charged initially and I can see why people who know the circumstances still think they wouldn’t want him at the club.

so much for Scottish law

Criminal convictions and rape judgment
    In June 2008, Goodwillie was convicted of assaulting a man in a Stirling nightclub,[62] and was fined £250.[63]

In September 2009 Goodwillie was arrested after a nightclub doorman was knocked unconscious.[64] Two months later, Goodwillie was convicted of assault and received a £200 fine.[65][66]

In 2012, Goodwillie was convicted of assault for striking John Friel after the latter had launched an unprovoked attack from behind on Goodwillie's teammate Danny Swanson at a late-night takeaway in Glasgow in 2010.[67] He was sentenced to a 12-month probation order and to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work.[67] Friel was ordered to carry out 240 hours of unpaid work for his part in the incident.[67]

Goodwillie and David Robertson, who was then a teammate of Goodwillie, were accused of committing rape in January 2011.[68] Goodwillie was charged with rape, but the Scottish legal authorities decided not to pursue a criminal prosecution.[68] The complainer instead took civil action against Goodwillie and Robertson, whom the judge ruled to be rapists,[68] ordering them to pay £100,000 in compensation.[68] The civil case was judged on the balance of probabilities and did not need corroboration of evidence, unlike in a Scottish criminal case.[68] Goodwillie left his club, Plymouth Argyle, soon after the case concluded.[39] A club statement said that Goodwillie had asked to leave as he was considering an appeal.[39] In November 2017, three appeal judges at the Court of Session upheld the ruling.[69]

Greenwood, Goodwillie, Evans.... they'll be able to put a team together soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Greenwood, Goodwillie, Evans.... they'll be able to put a team together soon.
    Sponsored by Predator!

With Greenwood & Mendy, Strangeways has had a better transfer window than Newcastle United.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Sponsored by Predator!
    I shouldn't but

Who would have thought that Benjamin Mendy and Mason Greenwood would appear on the same wing together.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    With Greenwood & Mendy, Strangeways has had a better transfer window than Newcastle United.
    rumors' of Ryan Giggs joining up but nothing confirmed yet.

I mean, a Judge of the Supreme Courts of Scotland said that he raped her, so there's that.

"she was incapable of giving meaningful consent, and that they each raped her"

How you get from that to him deserving an apology I have no idea but I don't really want to get into it because it's pretty f**ked up

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I mean, a Judge of the Supreme Courts of Scotland said that he raped her, so there's that.

"she was incapable of giving meaningful consent, and that they each raped her"

How you get from that to him deserving an apology I have no idea but I don't really want to get into it because it's pretty f**ked up
    The way not to get into it is by not reyplying in the first place we can all live happily after then.

First Minister of Scotland has stepped in now urging RR to change their stance.

They’ve lost their main sponsor, half the women’s team and the supporters are not happy.

He’s ****ed. Should have just stayed with Clyde.

The way not to get into it is by not reyplying in the first place we can all live happily after then.
    Just wanted to make sure that you knew you were saying a rapist should have been apologised to by the victim, seems like you did

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just wanted to make sure that you knew you were saying a rapist should have been apologised to by the victim, seems like you did
    He didn’t say that at all to be fair. You are wide of the mark and just trying to push his buttons.

He was replying to a post about Jessica Ennis and saying she’d should have apologised to Ched Evans when he was cleared of rape.