+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Goodwillie.

Re: David Goodwillie.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t want to go through this for the 1000 time but she was too pissed to walk. He snuck in through the fire escape of a hotel and started shagging her while his mate already was.

No one thinks the threesome is the bad part of it.

Im not saying whether he’s a rapist or not but I can see why he was charged initially and I can see why people who know the circumstances still think they wouldn’t want him at the club.
    Actually it wasn't the woman in the Ched Evans case that claimed she was raped. The female was encouraged to go the police by her friends. The police then said that she was pissed so therefore didn't consent and therefore Evans was charged with rape, and later acquitted on appeal.

Despite numerous attempts by newspapers to dig up more sexual dirt on Evans, they failed to find any.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He didn’t say that at all to be fair. You are wide of the mark and just trying to push his buttons.

He said Jessica Ennis should have apologised to Ched Evans when he was cleared of rape.
    Actually I wasn't, genuinely misunderstood but cheers for pointing it out.

Don't necessarily agree with his sentiment still but I accept I was accusing him of worse so apologies for that @dembe

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Actually I wasn't, genuinely misunderstood but cheers for pointing it out.

Don't necessarily agree with his sentiment still but I accept I was accusing him of worse so apologies for that @dembe

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Actually it wasn't the woman in the Ched Evans case that claimed she was raped. The female was encouraged to go the police by her friends. The police then said that she was pissed so therefore didn't consent and therefore Evans was charged with rape, and later acquitted on appeal.

Despite numerous attempts by newspapers to dig up more sexual dirt on Evans, they failed to find any.
    I don’t see how that really changes anything tbh. Not calling him guilty but the behaviour was at best strange.

Sober waiting for him mate to pick up pissed girls, sneaking in and out of the back door etc.

The video of her falling down outside of the kebab place, I wouldn’t have shagged a girl that pissed when I was pissed let alone stone cold sober.

The mad thing is people on here are only interested in defending him because he’s Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just wanted to make sure that you knew you were saying a rapist should have been apologised to by the victim, seems like you did
    What Ched Evans? The lad cleared in a court of law?

A rapist is he?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What Ched Evans? The lad cleared in a court of law?

A rapist is he?
    What do you mean cleared?

Remember in convictions there are differences between not guilty and innocent. Again I wouldn’t want to say either way but find it crazy how quick people are to white knight him.

Especially with how hard a rape conviction actually is to find enough evidence for.

I wouldn’t be confident enough with the evidence to say he’s completely innocent.

Remember in convictions there are differences between not guilty and innocent. Again I wouldn’t want to say either way but find it crazy how quick people are to white knight him.

Especially with how hard a rape conviction actually is to find enough evidence for.

I wouldn’t be confident enough with the evidence to say he’s completely innocent.
    No one should white knight Ched Evans, and I don't think they are, but he was ultimately found not guilty, and missed out on five years or so of his career for it.

It's not asking much for the rule of law to be respected, whether you think he should have been found guilty or not - if you weren't in the hotel room or the jury box, it's best to just respect the decision really.

As for Badwillie, as some said above - he should have seen this coming and stayed at Clyde, where he seems to have been doing very well. Taking into account Raith's sponsor, this was always a very likely outcome.

I don’t think anyone is white knighting him but you can’t go around calling someone a rapist when he’s had his conviction quashed in the court of law.

One thing that’s never sat right with me, and I also say this as the father of two daughters, is why does it only seem to be how inebriated the woman is that gets taken into account? What about the man? Why couldn’t they both be too drunk to make a rational decision? If two drunken people get it on why is the man automatically a rapist and the woman the victim?

Why do people keep replying when you don't respond to them?

Evans getting a good reception was one of the low points of the CCS history. It wasn't as if he was a big Welsh hero, he has 13 caps.