+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tan Backing club yet again

Re: Tan Backing club yet again

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I maybe wrong but from memory pretty much all transfers in recent times have been undisclosed. Always guesses in the media but I’ve rarely notice the club confirm a fee.
    I'm pretty confident the fee was £3.5m rising to £5m with add ons. Both figures were quoted extensively, and didn't both come from the same source.

Steve Morison says the quoted fee(s) was 'made up' but it feels more likely to me that Bournemouth leaked £3.5m to Sky and Cardiff came in quickly (via BBC Wales and Wales Online) with the higher number. The usual buy low, sell high two-step.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    That is exactly what has been publicised by WOL and others, which Steve Morison stated was wide of the mark and ‘don't believe what you read in the media’.

And yet you were quoting WOL yesterday, implying that the 'small cut' that was due to Wigan meant was probably less than 10%.

"Dont believe everything you read in the media" - unless of course it suits your narrative.

He still thinks Sheffield united paid a huge loan fee for Madine but has never been able to prove it.

He’s so biased he would defend the club is they set up their own concentration camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they are in a similar boat to us in that they've also run out of parachute payments this season. They sold a few players and got rid of some higher earners in the window as well, so it is probably within their means.

They also still have some saleable assets as well in Cabango, Grimes and now Piroe - all tied down to long contracts as well.
    So will be able to sell those for a good price if needed.
    Im not sure those 3 will attract significant bids. Particularly Cabango.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Except Zohore, I wouldn't blame them if we posted 'the anniversary of selling Zohore for £8 million' on social media every year.
    We nearly sold him for double that to Brighton if I recall

The problem is at the time he looked a better player than £15 million. I've never seen such a purple patch of any player

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He still thinks Sheffield united paid a huge loan fee for Madine but has never been able to prove it.

He’s so biased he would defend the club is they set up their own concentration camp.
    Took me right back to this: https://thesunshineroom.com/2013/05/30/bullshit-rodeo/

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im not sure those 3 will attract significant bids. Particularly Cabango.
    Not too familiar with how he's been doing lately, but he's a 21 year old centre back with already 70 odd championship games under his belt and he's like 6'2 and can pass the ball well.
    Those kind of players are usually in demand

Not too familiar with how he's been doing lately, but he's a 21 year old centre back with already 70 odd championship games under his belt and he's like 6'2 and can pass the ball well.
    To me he looks slow and not great on the ball. Not a guaranteed starter for a poor Championship side and couldn't get in a weak Welsh central defence.

Looks well short of being a PL player to me.

How tall is he though?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Perhaps he is correct in respect of Madine

Cardiff are paying him his wages, and we're paying Cardiff a loan fee. So it's nothing to do with the wages our players are on or our own wage structure.

It seems pretty reasonable to me to believe that we're paying Cardiff £3000k to loan Madine for the season, which roughly matches s4's £12k a week figure, with an agreement to pay another £500k if we get promoted - which would mean we had effectively covered his wages for the second half of the season.

No he can't, he's been in and out of the Swansea team because he's not good enough on the ball for Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    To me he looks slow and not great on the ball. Not a guaranteed starter for a poor Championship side and couldn't get in a weak Welsh central defence.

Looks well short of being a PL player to me.
    I'd say Wales' central defence is pretty strong, especially for the international level. Capitulation against Denmark aside we have a good defensive record

Tan seems to be both involved and supportive https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rison-22976529

I think that Cabango looks like a 100,000 ton oil tanker trying to turn when he’s trying to turn. Grimes is a saleable proposition and Piroe but we’re not talking big money.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely it's more of a case that Swansea aren't going anywhere this season so there's no point spending any money unless it is for the right player and there's a longer term view. Ours was out of necessity with relegation being a very real threat. I suspect the Moore transfer money has paid for the loan deals in any case, so it's maybe not that much about being backed by Tan.
    The loans that mainly came BEFORE Moore went?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    This will be like a red rag to a bull for some on here
    This would be funny from someone who didn't spend most of their time on here moaning about something..

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Perhaps he is correct in respect of Madine

Cardiff are paying him his wages, and we're paying Cardiff a loan fee. So it's nothing to do with the wages our players are on or our own wage structure.

It seems pretty reasonable to me to believe that we're paying Cardiff £3000k to loan Madine for the season, which roughly matches s4's £12k a week figure, with an agreement to pay another £500k if we get promoted - which would mean we had effectively covered his wages for the second half of the season.
    Three thousand thousand eh.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Tan seems to be both involved and supportive https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rison-22976529
    Positive news..

£300k……….

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Three thousand thousand eh.
    Clearly it was a typo , I’ve only got a Nokia

Clearly it was a typo , I’ve only got a Nokia
    That's why I put the "eh..." at the end...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    That's why I put the "eh..." at the end...

Sounds feasible, ( taken from a Sheffield United messageboard) but who knows I guess

Sounds feasible, ( taken from a Sheffield United messageboard) but who knows I guess
    DML