+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

Re: Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've sobered up now, my spell check is back working, my typing hand /fist is no longer swollen .

We could be self efficient if we didn't restrain ourselves so much now , yes renewables are the answer in the long term, surely it’s about the timing and how we get there .

The green levy is being paid and hurting consumer especially now as world prices go up driven by foreign governments decisions and our lack of self efficiency..

Yes the climate act change in 2008 affected us all sadly its not delivered the benefits quick enough by suspending it we buy some time for the needy .

We actual don't need to import energy we could use our reserves just to get over the next few years we sit on hundreds of years’ worth of coal / oil

We buy in trillions of tonnes of coal to burn whilst we are sat on it

We import Electricity even though we have wind / solar farms, sadly when there is little wind or sun we run low .

USA is now self-efficient by using shale , which we temporary could exploit , the USA kilowatt power is half that of UK .

Why are we not building Nuclear Power stations ?? Hopefully the Roll Royce builds will come on line soon
    I completely agree with you on nuclear. It's environmentally friendly (in terms of Co2), reliable and can last 40 years. I don't understand why we've been so reliant on foreign resources when we should have made long term investments like this decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I completely agree with you on nuclear. It's environmentally friendly (in terms of Co2), reliable and can last 40 years. I don't understand why we've been so reliant on foreign resources when we should have made long term investments like this decades ago.
    I can't understand the lack of investment into Nuclear over the decades from all parties , they must know the admiral 2018 climate targets and reduction of fossil fuels extraction would effect power solutions in the future

The move by Germany to use coal and Russia rather than phase out Nuclear has probably effected these decisions over the decades in Europe and UK .

Some sense at last as the goverment agrees 6 new licences to fire up North Sea Oil rigs .

Renewables may only offer part of our energy needs via the Sun or wind sadly they are not able to power the country and may never provide a 100% solution, as we have to power huge generators , therfefore we will always need nuclear, gas, coal, oil or some form of biomass fired solution.

Some sense at last as the goverment agrees 6 new licences to fire up North Sea Oil rigs .

Renewables may only offer part of our energy needs via the Sun or wind sadly they are not able to power the country and may never provide a 100% solution, as we have to power huge generators , therfefore we will always need nuclear, gas, coal, oil or some form of biomass fired solution.
    What's this knowledgable sweeping statement based on then?

Unless we own it, it will just go to the highest bidder like UK gas does. We sold our chance of being energy secure a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What's this knowledgable sweeping statement based on then?
    Physics

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Unless we own it, it will just go to the highest bidder like UK gas does. We sold our chance of being energy secure a long time ago.
    Sadly you are right

Physics
    that seems to go against current UK energy policy then

Physics
    And what are your qualifications in physics?

The price cap on energy tariffs for 22 million households will be updated every three months from October, under proposals Ofgem has set out.

The regulator said that moving to quarterly updates to the level of the cap, which is changed twice a year, was its preferred option to try to prevent the cap inflicting losses on suppliers at times of volatility in wholesale prices.
    Scary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Brexit Britain is looking such a brilliant place. Cant even get my blue passport for a couple of years.
    they are black

Fusion reactors going to save the day
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60312633