+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: LIVERPOOL 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: LIVERPOOL v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Thought the kids did really well.

Denham and Bagan need to be in and around the first team. Get Colwill back into the team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post

Denham and Bagan need to be in and around the first team. Get Colwill back into the team as well.
    second that....f

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post

Thought all three did well. I hope Bagan keeps the lwb role and we don't move Ng out there

Happy enough with that could have had a pen.
    Liverpool should have had their keeper sent off.
    Lovely goal from Rubin.

Could have been worse, glad we got the goal which was a good goal. Some poor defending but some decent passing. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Denham has done well
    I thought he played really well. Makes me wonder why Morison has persisted with Nelson for so long.

That's 6 in a row that we've scored at Anfield.
    They did the club proud today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I thought he played really well. Makes me wonder why Morison has persisted with Nelson for so long.
    Hear hear, hopefully that'll change soon

Glad we got the goal. 3-0 would have flattered them despite their possession.

Decent display.

Definite red for me.

Re: FT: LIVERPOOL 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Just a thought on their goalkeepers foul. When I did my refs training it was called the 3 card trick. Could / should have been 2 yellows for a red. One for the goal scoring opportunity, one for the ankle rake, that’s why they had the double VAR. take a brave referee.

Considering the huge gulf in ability not too bad a result and the 2nd goal was a free gift of course.

Shame VAR didn't do the job it's there to do. 100% should've been a red card, and for me it's definitely a penalty, he went through the back of Harris it's as simple as that - Ian Wright's analysis was about as one eyed as you can possibly get.

Would be happy to see Denham and Bagan both starting wednesday, Colwill back involved as well please. They all did the club proud.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Could have been worse, glad we got the goal which was a good goal. Some poor defending but some decent passing. Onwards and upwards.
    I must have missed the decent passing, I thought our limitations in that department were apparent today.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Shame VAR didn't do the job it's there to do. 100% should've been a red card, and for me it's definitely a penalty, he went through the back of Harris it's as simple as that - Ian Wright's analysis was about as one eyed as you can possibly get.
    If that had happened to Ian Wright in his playing days, is he saying he would have just got up and told the ref "definitely no penalty"!!!

Would be happy to see Denham and Bagan both starting wednesday, Colwill back involved as well please. They all did the club proud.
    Ally McCoist thought it was a penalty.

Both Keane and Wright thought the keeper was lucky not to be sent off

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I must have missed the decent passing,.
    There was, but unfortunately it wasn’t consistent

Shame VAR didn't do the job it's there to do.
    Shame VAR was involved at all. To me, it’s an absolute farce that VAR is employed in some FA Cup ties but not in others. It’s just ridiculous.

I must have missed the decent passing, I thought our limitations in that department were apparent today.
    Agreed.

Lots of positives today (all of the youngsters did well especially Bagan and Denham) but continually giving the ball back to the (admittedly superior) opposition by sending it long all the time just kept increasing pressure on the defence, unlike Boro did at United for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Great stuff from Colwill and Davies.
    Nice to see Klopp congradulate Colwill on his goal at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes, it was a bit of a brain fade moment and he might have momentarily mistaken himself for Franz Beckenbauer but he's been marvelous during the last three games

Ng should have cleared it (and King was sleeping), but Smithies would have come for that ball and I think that's what Ng was waiting for. I like Phillips but he is rooted to his line all the time.

I also think Sam Bowen might feel a little hard done by not to have been involved today.

Players that did play all put a shift in though and did the club proud. From this point Denham needs to be involved with the first team and Bagan needs a run of games while Doughty is out. I get the feeling Morison has deliberately taken Colwill out of the limelight in recent weeks but he's shown today why he needs to be more involved.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

The lack of technique of our senior players when tested has been there for all to see today.
    Yet the younger players seem far more composed.

1-3 is a good score. I know it's a loss but I doubt whether many would have thought we could get away with a score like that before the match started.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Nice to see Klopp congradulate Colwill on his goal at the end.
    I hope he's not considering buying him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Ally McCoist thought it was a penalty.

Both Keane and Wright thought the keeper was lucky not to be sent off
    Remember, City were playing Liverpool at Liverpool!