+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Williams v Eubank Jnr

Williams v Eubank Jnr

Predictions.? Rooting for Williams but reckon Eubank Jnr on points.

Re: Williams v Eubank Jnr

Williams needs to channel them emotions properly..

Eubank for me

Wonder how many of those attending will have been out for the egg. Atmosphere could be interesting.

Eubank will probably outwork him and win on points. Eubank used to get sloppy trying to brawl his way through fights but i think that he has cooled that a little bit since he's had jones in his corner.

Will be in Liverpool so gonna find a pub to watch. Anyone know when the undercard fights are due to start?

Quote Originally Posted by CrackityJones View Post
    Will be in Liverpool so gonna find a pub to watch. Anyone know when the undercard fights are due to start?
    Coverage on Sky sports main event starts at 19.30

Ring walks depending on the undercard expected around 22.00

Williams seems to have no punch resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Williams seems to have no punch resistance.
    Eubank looks a different class

Eubank looks knackered but can't he'll but think he's just one quick punch from putting Williams on the floor again.

Eubank performance is strange. Normally really aggressive. Not throwing much. Weird.

What a shit show that was from Delilah to Eubanks showboating let's not even talk about Williams’s performance.

I’d be embarrassed if I was Williams.‘

Massive respect for anyone who gets inside the ropes, but after all that talk about how he was going to smash Eubank, to get knocked down 4 times - 3 of which were just a jab - then that’s prettty embarrassing

I don't think Eubank did himself any favours, if he's hoping for a bigger payday on Sky Box Office any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I don't think Eubank did himself any favours, if he's hoping for a bigger payday on Sky Box Office any time soon.
    EJ will never be anywhere near as good as his old man

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    EJ will never be anywhere near as good as his old man
    Saw his dad beat someone in the same venue 25 yrs ago…..Collins maybe? He was an awesome fighter. Him and Joe had chins of steel aswell as being able to punch. Williams has nothing really just eager with no substance

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Eubank performance is strange. Normally really aggressive. Not throwing much. Weird.
    Think he knew Williams would march forward and he could pick him off, much better from Williams though once he got over the shock of the first knock down (which resulted in the others early on)

Don't think he gets a rematch though which is a shame as with a bit more discipline he could have won that fight, early errors cost him and made it look worse than it was in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’d be embarrassed if I was Williams.‘

Massive respect for anyone who gets inside the ropes, but after all that talk about how he was going to smash Eubank, to get knocked down 4 times - 3 of which were just a jab - then that’s prettty embarrassing
    He walked on to the jab, which obviously added greater power, but you're right they were nothing punches really.

I think the trahs talking is embarrassing as well, just keep your head down and do your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Saw his dad beat someone in the same venue 25 yrs ago…..Collins maybe? He was an awesome fighter. Him and Joe had chins of steel aswell as being able to punch. Williams has nothing really just eager with no substance
    Eubank lost twice to Collins both in Ireland.

Looking at his record he beat Sam Storey in Cardiff.

I saw him live twice against Benn and Gary Stretch.

Connor Benn calling Eubank out.

Hed get destroyed. Should concentrate on fighting non washed up ex decent fighters in his own division.

Eubank cruised that to the point when he didn't even have to make an effort.

All the trash talk is done to get the audience to buy into it and get views and bums on seats.
    Pretty crap if they sat there weeks before a fight saying they may not win etc.
    Liam williams main aim is to no doubt set up his young family for life with his earnings and probably did that lastnight.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    All the trash talk is done to get the audience to buy into it and get views and bums on seats.
    Pretty crap if they sat there weeks before a fight saying they may not win etc.
    Liam williams main aim is to no doubt set up his young family for life with his earnings and probably did that lastnight.
    I doubt it Stan - When everything is divvied up, Adam Booth gets paid he probably got enough left to buy a house in Treherbert.