+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Proud. Frustrated. Hopeful

Proud. Frustrated. Hopeful

Proud of the performance... Young team who didn't let us down and despite limited possession we created a few chances. Liverpool had way more first team players in. Also, our fans... Magnificent..

Frustrated... To have the two biggest decisions of the game go against us was very frustrating. I would say tye pen was 70/30 and the red card 80/20... To not get any of the two decisions was disgraceful. VAR is a joke.

Hopeful.. very impressed with Oliver Denham, Eli King also did well. Colwill and Davies excellent when they came on. Special mention for Bagan whom I thought had his best Cardiff game.

With the injuries we have Morison did a clever thing by playing Denham and Bagan who will need to come into the team.

Overall.... We didn't get humiliated and the talking points after the game were dodgy decisions by the ref, a super goal by Colwill and moving forward... Not a drubbing.

Re: Proud. Frustrated. Hopeful

Bagan was a lot better than what I had seen of him previously.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Proud of the performance... Young team who didn't let us down and despite limited possession we created a few chances. Liverpool had way more first team players in. Also, our fans... Magnificent..

Frustrated... To have the two biggest decisions of the game go against us was very frustrating. I would say tye pen was 70/30 and the red card 80/20... To not get any of the two decisions was disgraceful. VAR is a joke.

Hopeful.. very impressed with Oliver Denham, Eli King also did well. Colwill and Davies excellent when they came on. Special mention for Bagan whom I thought had his best Cardiff game.

With the injuries we have Morison did a clever thing by playing Denham and Bagan who will need to come into the team.

Overall.... We didn't get humiliated and the talking points after the game were dodgy decisions by the ref, a super goal by Colwill and moving forward... Not a drubbing.
    Harris had a very good first half

We're going to need Denham, in the next few moths, with Morrison out, so giving him good game time was the right idea. Although Drameh will come back in, and Ng will switch back to CB, we will still need a defender on the bench.
    Not sure why King started though..bit of a strange time to give a youngster his debut.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Agree Derham did well which might be important for the future with Morison out but did Eli King do well? Granted we did not have much possession but I can’t recall him doing a single thing in the match. In fact as far as I can remember the only time his name was mentioned was when he was subsistuted.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bagan was a lot better than what I had seen of him previously.
    On that performance today I'm not sure we'll miss Doughty too much.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    We're going to need Denham, in the next few moths, with Morrison out, so giving him good game time was the right idea. Although Drameh will come back in, and Ng will switch back to CB, we will still need a defender on the bench.
    Not sure why King started though..bit of a strange time to give a youngster his debut.
    Now is not the time to single out any player with negativity. The team as a collective did far better than anyone thought before kick off. The lad made is debut against one of the best teams in Europe for Christ’s sake

Watched the game felt it was a penalty, as Harris was in front of the defender when he went down , if their keeper was a defender with that tackle he's off.

Only felt we had really poor defensive error .

Great to see us score .

Our fans were simply magnificent , pity we won't see all of them on Wednesday.

So proud of the teams effort.