+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 PETERBOROUGH UTD. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 PETERBOROUGH UTD. Match thread

Just 31% possession according to the BBC.

Normal service resumed!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Normal service resumed!
    But what they had they made count

Normal service resumed!
    They had a lot of the ball but never hurt us at all.

We used to have 30% possession under Warnock and McCarthy but I thought tonight we passed it well and always looked to be creative in possession, instead of just having possession for possession's sake.

Fantastic result and performance. Shows how well we did this January transfer window.

Drameh and Doyle are absolute quality.

The midfield looks so solid now and Ralls is back to his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

We used to have 30% possession under Warnock and McCarthy but I thought tonight we passed it well and always looked to be creative in possession, instead of just having possession for possession's sake.
    I agree - we were in total control from beginning to end, and could (maybe should) have scored more.

Defining match this season.

I agree - we were in total control from beginning to end, and could (maybe should) have scored more.

Defining match this season.
    If it had been 6 or 7 it wouldn't have flattered us.

there was only one save made in the entire game, by smithies

The commentator only mentioned Wintle 3 or 4 times in the whole match, like he wasn’t there, yet he, Doyle & Ralls are the best midfielder we’ve had for many seasons. As someone posted above quietly efficient.

Just got back from the game, the only word for that is glorious. I don't remember is playing that well since the early days of the Warnock era.

The tempo was high all game, lovely passing and movement and I lost count of the times our forwards and midfielders won the ball back high up the pitch.

Dramehs performance was one for the ages, beating his man time after time and putting Hugills goal on a plate. Can't wait for the next home game now

Pace allied to no little skill, pace terrifies defenders and we’ve got it in spades. Hugill is a clever centre forward, not looking to flick it on to f*ck all, instead catches is on his chest, inviting the inevitable foul = possession kept. Uche is on course to be one of those cult heroes that we love so much. Isaak Davies is a Bellamy like nuisance but for me Drameh & Doyle are proper, proper footballers. A pleasure to watch. It all points to a very enjoyable run in.

I thought Drameh was outstanding, the goal he set up for Hugill gave me chills. Bagan was solid as usual, did nothing wrong, my only concerns are the drop off in quality if we lose Ralls or Doyle, though you'd hope Colwill could step in. I also think NG could get found out, he does get bullied at times. But that's me being really picky. What these loan signings have showed is, that out squad just wasn't good enough.

There can't be many players in the Championship with greater acceleration than Isaak Davies. He's like Sonic the Hedgehog!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Posh were similar against Sheffield United, no cutting edge

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    There can't be many players in the Championship with greater acceleration than Isaak Davies. He's like Sonic the Hedgehog!
    He's got amazing awareness with it. He's not just someone who can sprint but has no end product. I remember how exciting Earnie was when he broke through. We probably didn't quite see the same with Rambo because of how Jones blooded him into the team and, cup final apart, I thought Jones managed Ramsey really well.

Davies is the most exciting player from our youth set up we've had in a generation. He's direct, has incredible pace, skillful, makes things happen, presses the opposition defence well. I think he'll be sold in the summer for a good fee, sadly.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Just hope he doesn't do his hammy in chasing after some lost causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Where did the hoofball go???
    Where has all the hoofball gone, long time passing?
    Where has all the hoofball gone, long time ago?
    Where has all the hooball gone?
    See young men passing!
    When will they ever learn? Oh, when will they ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Pace allied to no little skill, pace terrifies defenders and we’ve got it in spades. Hugill is a clever centre forward, not looking to flick it on to f*ck all, instead catches is on his chest, inviting the inevitable foul = possession kept. Uche is on course to be one of those cult heroes that we love so much. Isaak Davies is a Bellamy like nuisance but for me Drameh & Doyle are proper, proper footballers. A pleasure to watch. It all points to a very enjoyable run in.
    I think you pretty much summarised into words everything that I thinking 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Where has all the hoofball gone, long time passing?
    Where has all the hoofball gone, long time ago?
    Where has all the hooball gone?
    See young men passing!
    When will they ever learn? Oh, when will they ever learn?
    Brilliant, fair play Yul 😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What was that song? "Uche, Coochy Ya Ya Ya"

Goals a joy to watch tonight. Great stuff.

I’ll trump your Davies with that Drameh fella 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I’ll trump your Davies with that Drameh fella 👍🏻
    And there's no crisis with him.

That was absolutely superb.

Every player was excellent.

Apart from Cody Drameh. Who was quite outstanding. 👍👍👍

I said on another thread that Morison deserves to be judged from Feb 1 onwards and it looks like things are starting to gel nicely.

The loan players are having an impact (Cody Drameh is an absolute freak, what a player) and Isaak Davies is improving every week.

For me though Wintle has been the key. Ralls and Doyle have much more free reign around the pitch, and teams aren't playing straight through the middle of us as they were when Vaulks and Pack were in there. His positioning is very good - someone on here said the other day he's been "anonymous" but it's his presence that allows the others to play.

Ng has been a revelation at centre back as well, which is strange because I didn't rate him as a full back or a wing back. Pretty sure the guy has spent the last 200 games of his career playing out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I said on another thread that Morison deserves to be judged from Feb 1 onwards and it looks like things are starting to gel nicely.

The loan players are having an impact (Cody Drameh is an absolute freak, what a player) and Isaak Davies is improving every week.

For me though Wintle has been the key. Ralls and Doyle have much more free reign around the pitch, and teams aren't playing straight through the middle of us as they were when Vaulks and Pack were in there. His positioning is very good - someone on here said the other day he's been "anonymous" but it's his presence that allows the others to play.

Ng has been a revelation at centre back as well, which is strange because I didn't rate him as a full back or a wing back. Pretty sure the guy has spent the last 200 games of his career playing out of position.
    I was thinking that Wintle is something of an unsung hero - he almost goes unnoticed and yet the rest of the players seem to thrive when he plays which can’t be a coincidence surely?

And we had him out on loan!