+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transport for Wales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Transport for Wales

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah, no I appreciate that, and I don't entirely disagree. Rail privatisation hasnt really worked, partly because there is no real competition (unlike inter city buses for example). That said, vastly more people use them now than under British Rail, and whilst I am too young to remember them, I am well advised that British Rail was pretty unreliable and grubby itself.

My point being though, that the railways here are owned and run effectively by the Welsh Govt. If a train routinely doesnt show up, with no notice, no apology or commentary and passengers are just stuck there in the cold and dark then the responsibility for that is with the operators, not something that happened 25 years ago.

Anyway, I am pleased to say things seem to be better than they were several months ago.
    So was your beef with the lack of notification rather than the lack of service itself?

Re: Transport for Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So was your beef with the lack of notification rather than the lack of service itself?
    Quite obviously both. Clearly the main frustration is a service being cancelled. However, at least if you knew about it you could make alternative arrangements