+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just watching 2012 LCF on Sky

Just watching 2012 LCF on Sky

How the hell Millar missed that sitter 5 mins from end of normal time and Turner had a great chance last 10 mins too.
    Into ET now.
    Come on City!

Re: Just watching 2012 LCF on Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    How the hell Millar missed that sitter 5 mins from end of normal time and Turner had a great chance last 10 mins too.
    Into ET now.
    Come on City!
    Phone home.....

Couldn't fault the effort and whilst I went there just looking to enjoy the day I left feeling very disappointed that it was another big opportunity missed.

Still some way behind the Blackpool disappointment mind.

Huds being replaced by Gerrard could be a game changer.

We are actually playing football and matching Liverpool.How our football sunk so low with Warnock.

We are actually playing football and matching Liverpool.How our football sunk so low with Warnock.
    Quite. Malky got some unfair stick for our style of play under him. That season we played some terrific stuff, probably better than during our Championship winning season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite. Malky got some unfair stick for our style of play under him. That season we played some terrific stuff, probably better than during our Championship winning season.
    I was really quite shocked, looking back just 10 years. We were a really decent footballing outfit, compared to where we see at today.
    And we should and could have beaten those Scousers.

Into ET now.
    Come on City!
    I'll never forgive Miller for that. Missed a pen too.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'll never forgive Miller for that. Missed a pen too.
    And in the Semi Final shoot out - good striker in his time, but it had gone by the time he came here.

We tailed off towards the end of that season, but it was a season I remember with affection - Whitts was superb that season and players like Gunnarsson, Taylor and Cowie were fine free transfer signings - Rudy Gestede was a good one as well.

I see definite parallels between the situation Malky Mackay inherited and the one Steve Morison, or whoever is in charge will face this summer and one of the reasons I feel quite optimistic about next season is the precedent that is 11/12 - of course, we need to stay up this season mind.

I still to this day cannot watch that game or any of the highlights. If there was one game, just one that I’d wish we’d won in my 50 plus years of supporting the City it’s that one.

In hindsight, losing the cup final may have been a blessing in disguise. If we had won, I think we would have qualified for the Europa Cup the following season, with all the travelling and distraction that brings. As we didn't, there were no such distractions and we promptly went on to win the league in 2013.