+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Covid Rules Collapsing

Covid Rules Collapsing

Re: Covid Rules Collapsing

lets get life back to normal

I don't think you need to go to far to join the dots between Boris removing restrictions and the letters not coming in. Calling it 'living with Covid' feels like a bit of an own goal in the making too. At least it will make the people too selfish to stick a mask on for 5 mins in the supermarket feel emboldened by their brave stance though, I despair.

Just the two hundred and seventy six deaths today

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just the two hundred and seventy six deaths today
    Perhaps LOM didn't notice those in his raven excitement.

You guys can stay locked up if you want, it's entirely up to you.

Likewise anyone who wishes to can and should continue to wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You guys can stay locked up if you want, it's entirely up to you.

Likewise anyone who wishes to can and should continue to wear a mask.
    Why do you think that posters who support maintaining some Covid rules want to 'stay locked up'?

We have not had a full lock down at any stage.

However Covid continues to be a major risk (to anyone - but especially the elderly or vulnerable) and sensible precautions could prevent hundreds of premature and distressing deaths every day.

Your faux libertarianism, your invention of alternative opinions, and your constant government apologist stance is just ludicrous.

There is a sensible middle ground if only you would look for it.

Get a grip FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why do you think that posters who support maintaining some Covid rules want to 'stay locked up'?

We have not had a full lock down at any stage.

However Covid continues to be a major risk (to anyone - but especially the elderly or vulnerable) and sensible precautions could prevent hundreds of premature and distressing deaths every day.

Your faux libertarianism, your invention of alternative opinions, and your constant government apologist stance is just ludicrous.

There is a sensible middle ground if only you would look for it.

Get a grip FFS!
    As covid has become less deadly so restrictions have reduced. So it becomes less deadly still does it not make sense to continue to remove restrictions?

You can stay at home if you wish. You can wear a mask if you wish. Same as it ever was for the elderly and vulnerable.

And as for 'invention of alternative opinions' and ' 'constant government apologist' line, that's not true is it? I think Boris should resign and have said it dozens of times, but thanks for making that up!

The reality is we need to live with this as we do other illnesses. As it stands my local surgery isnt even open. People have to go more than 2km to the doctor's, so I think we need to recognise the restrictions even currently in place also have their impacts.

As stated, if you are concerned you can keep yourself inside and continue to wear a mask etc

As covid has become less deadly so restrictions have reduced. So it becomes less deadly still does it not make sense to continue to remove restrictions?

You can stay at home if you wish. You can wear a mask if you wish. Same as it ever was for the elderly and vulnerable.

And as for 'invention of alternative opinions' and ' 'constant government apologist' line, that's not true is it? I think Boris should resign and have said it dozens of times, but thanks for making that up!

The reality is we need to live with this as we do other illnesses. As it stands my local surgery isnt even open. People have to go more than 2km to the doctor's, so I think we need to recognise the restrictions even currently in place also have their impacts.

As stated, if you are concerned you can keep yourself inside and continue to wear a mask etc
    I think it would be sensible to have everything opened up but perhaps have mandatory mask wearing.

Here in Uganda I think we have sensible restrictions. Everything is now open but mask wearing still required on public transport and in shops. Also, temperature checks done before entering anywhere. But everywhere is pretty much open.

But yeah, I don't advocate for any more restrictions than those.

It does seem thar Omicron ripped through Kampala in December and January so everyone, even the unvaccinated, have some level of immunity, I guess we don't know how long for..

I think people here have just decided to live with it... We don't have the.money for furlough etx (well we do but it sits in the pockets of the MPS).

The 7 day average for deaths hasn't really changed for a month now, what source do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think it would be sensible to have everything opened up but perhaps have mandatory mask wearing.

Here in Uganda I think we have sensible restrictions. Everything is now open but mask wearing still required on public transport and in shops. Also, temperature checks done before entering anywhere. But everywhere is pretty much open.

It does seem thar Omicron ripped through Kampala in December and January so everyone, even the unvaccinated, have some level of immunity, I guess we don't know how long for..

I think people here have just decided to live with it... We don't have the.money for furlough etx (well we do but it sits in the pockets of the MPS).
    It's very interesting to read what is happening in other countries, thanks for posting.

Do people generally follow the rules on mask wearing? It's still required on the trains here, and I'd say 80-90% oblige at the moment.

The problem is more that the trains don't turn up!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    lets get life back to normal
    But things are still not normal, by 2019/pre-corona standards.

It's very interesting to read what is happening in other countries, thanks for posting.

Do people generally follow the rules on mask wearing? It's still required on the trains here, and I'd say 80-90% oblige at the moment.

The problem is more that the trains don't turn up!
    Indeed. It's a problem when train crews have Covid.

I agree that we need to live it as we do with other illnesses. We cook our chicken to prevent salmonella, we have good sewage to prevent cholera, some places require quarantine for illnesses such as mumps and measles.

So I think we should mask up, have good ventilation and quarantine measures.

Also the mask is to protect other people btw, so your point of making masks seem individualistic is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Also the mask is to protect other people btw, so your point of making masks seem individualistic is invalid.
    Absolutely. From day 1 the point of the mask wasn't self protection at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. From day 1 the point of the mask wasn't self protection at all.
    Yep, though FFP2 and FFP3s on the other hand are more (not fully ofc) for self protection. With other masks, such as surgical and cloth, it relies on most people complying

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I agree that we need to live it as we do with other illnesses. We cook our chicken to prevent salmonella, we have good sewage to prevent cholera, some places require quarantine for illnesses such as mumps and measles.

So I think we should mask up, have good ventilation and quarantine measures.

Reasonable measures of course, and I think greater hand washing, hand sanitizer, staying off work if Ill and mask wearing to some extent will be things taken from this.

But vulnerable people have always been thus. If (and it's still if) covid becomes comparable to flu then surely we treat it as such? The vulnerable have jabs, you dont visit them if Ill etc?

Love how the right wingers on here are more interested in Covid rules than a great City win.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Interesting that they're still doing temperature checks. There's not really evidence that covid has a link with temperature now, so this one is probably more for show..And I guess the checks themselves are not very reliable.

Love how the right wingers on here are more interested in Covid rules than a great City win.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Interesting that they're still doing temperature checks. There's not really evidence that covid has a link with temperature now, so this one is probably more for show..And I guess the checks themselves are not very reliable.
    Lots of cheap machines giving unreliable readings.

And I'm surprised no one has mentioned that this announcement was made as a desperate attempt to salvage a political career.

Reasonable measures of course, and I think greater hand washing, hand sanitizer, staying off work if Ill and mask wearing to some extent will be things taken from this.

But vulnerable people have always been thus. If (and it's still if) covid becomes comparable to flu then surely we treat it as such? The vulnerable have jabs, you dont visit them if Ill etc?
    But Covid is still not comparable to the flu. And the jabs are not fully effective, it is only one of many measures to reduce Covid transmission (see the Swiss cheese model: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...6-2cda6b0acb3f). I do think masks, hand washing, hand sanitiser and staying off works are positives as well. I think these measures, as well as ventilation, are essential and will be seen as basic hygiene in the future

Glad to see most of the restrictions going. But stopping isolation after a positive test seems loony. There should also be protections in law for hospitals and other medical settings. If someone's in intensive care or having chemo, the last thing they need is some unmasked, untested tw@t taking covid into the ward

No mask. No jab. It worked for Meat Loaf.