+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Covid Rules Collapsing

Re: Covid Rules Collapsing

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    lets get life back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    But things are still not normal, by 2019/pre-corona standards.
    True, but how long do we do this " not normal life " for ? ? ?

we can't keep it going forever, we know the risks now, my mum is vulnerable , so she doesn't go to busy place and wears a mask all the time when out of the house, that makes sense for her to do that, but why should we all live like that

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Glad to see most of the restrictions going. But stopping isolation after a positive test seems loony. There should also be protections in law for hospitals and other medical settings. If someone's in intensive care or having chemo, the last thing they need is some unmasked, untested tw@t taking covid into the ward

What kind of mask you talking about ?

Don’t the majority of people in hospital catch Covid in hospital?

True, but how long do we do this " not normal life " for ? ? ?

we can't keep it going forever, we know the risks now, my mum is vulnerable, so she doesn't go to busy place and wears a mask all the time when out of the house, that makes sense for her to do that, but why should we all live like that
    Normality, imo, is a concept that always changes. We all should live with masks, because it is a small thing to do against a disease that can cause significant illness among many people.

Look at other illnesses: If I shag multiple people without rubber, or drink dirty water, or drink unpasteurised milk, or eat raw chicken, many people would rightfully call me an idiot. Likewise, if a restaurant served the dirty water, unpasteurised milk, and raw chicken, would they even remain open?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    What kind of mask you talking about ?

Don’t the majority of people in hospital catch Covid in hospital?
    Any kind of mask would help prevent them spreading. I'd be expecting any staff or visitors to a hospital to be subject to testing and mask wearing. Struggle to believe that any normal person could find that an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Love how the right wingers on here are more interested in Covid rules than a great City win.
    maybe they can multi task

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just the two hundred and seventy six deaths today
    What point are you making. An average of 1700 people die every day in a typical year in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What point are you making. An average of 1700 people die every day in a typical year in the UK.
    more than 450 cancer deaths per day in the UK

Such an unnecessary step to remove enforced isolation. The amount of bosses up and down the country that will force their workers into work with it will be huge. Ridiculous move really

Any kind of mask would help prevent them spreading. I'd be expecting any staff or visitors to a hospital to be subject to testing and mask wearing. Struggle to believe that any normal person could find that an issue.
    The cloth masks are absolutely useless , against this kind of virus , I’m astounded people think are effective in any way possible.

The cloth masks are absolutely useless , against this kind of virus , I’m astounded people think are effective in any way possible.
    They help to stop the individual affected spreading it to others. I've literally suggested protecting the very most vulnerable in society and you're desperate to find a problem. Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Love how the right wingers on here are more interested in Covid rules than a great City win.

Right wingers ? So people who agree with the governments relaxing of restrictions are that are they ?

I’m very left personally

They help to stop the individual affected spreading it to others. I've literally suggested protecting the very most vulnerable in society and you're desperate to find a problem. Pathetic
    I’ve got no problem with the N95 medical grade ones , but the novelty ones are useless, and the rules around them suggest they are more of a visual reminder.

more than 450 cancer deaths per day in the UK
    How many caught it off someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    How many caught it off someone else?
    how many died because covid paranoia closed cancer wards

I’ve got no problem with the N95 medical grade ones , but the novelty ones are useless, and the rules around them suggest they are more of a visual reminder.
    Inclined to agree in a way, they're pretty useless in terms of protecting the wearer from aerosols. Although they do help to stop the wearer spreading it so easily.

Strongly think that we can't just go back to normal in real high risk environments though. Medical settings really should have protection in law to enforce testing and any other protective measures that are needed

This thread highlights how ****ing shit we have become.

I remember early 2020 stating the importance of politics staying out of what we were about to receive.

TOBW basically gave me the bird then posted Guardian stories incessantly.

To this day how people can still treat this thing as a political football is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And I'm surprised no one has mentioned that this announcement was made as a desperate attempt to salvage a political career.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

I remember early 2020 stating the importance of politics staying out of what we were about to receive.

To this day how people can still treat this thing as a political football is terrible.
    I agreed back in March 2020 and was determined not to be too critical of the UK Government, but that was before the "libertarian" Government we have started making decisions based on party politics rather than public health and, as yesterday showed, they still are doing that.

The statistics are damning for the UK compared to nearly all other Western European democracies and there are still hundreds of people dying every day from Covid and yet we get rubbish about cancer deaths from Government apologists

Deaths from cancer are, nearly always, unavoidable, deaths from any contagious disease are not, your chances of not catching a potentially deadly virus are lessened by taking realistic precautions, but the "it's time to move on" mob talk as if anyone advocating that wants us back in a full lockdown and all they're doing really is showing their I'm all right Jack attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

This place has become much more political ( anything non-football is quickly turned into a political post , it never used to be like that ), I often pop on before I head out for work, one day soon I expect to see a post " its my daughters wedding day today and its lashing down, Boris should have acted sooner / Well Boris had a garden party blah blah blah "

The statistics are damning for the UK compared to nearly all other Western European democracies and there are still hundreds of people dying every day from Covid and yet we get rubbish about cancer deaths from Government apologists

Deaths from cancer are, nearly always, unavoidable, deaths from any contagious disease are not, your chances of not catching a potentially deadly virus are lessened by taking realistic precautions, but the "it's time to move on" mob talk as if anyone advocating that wants us back in a full lockdown and all they're doing really is showing their I'm all right Jack attitude.

I posted about cancer deaths ( which were nearly avoidable before covid, now I am not sure, with doctors appointments hard to get, and hospital appointments even harder, mainly due to departments being closed / not seeing the same amount of patients, are these the restrictions people want to keep long term ? ? a doctors appointment over the phone ? ? ) to put the covid figures into perspective ( it appears the people who are happy to stay indoors moaning about the government have little sense of perspective about covid now, as its a great tool to bash the government with )

not sure its the " I'm alright jack attitude " either, at some point we need to move on with life, will we always be in fear of another variant arriving, so never get back to pre C19 days, personally I dont want that for myself or my girls

if you want to stay home, stay home, if you want to wear a face mask, wear a face mask, you dont need the government to tell you to do it, personally, I wear a face mask In shops and when walking into cafes, why, because it might mean a elderly person feels more comfortable ( though they seem to be the worse at wearing them now ), but then I sit down with my coffee and I take the mask off, the table next to me ( under 1M away ) have done the same, so its all a bit of a farce now, I go to the cinema, sat next to a stranger with strangers in front and behind me for 2 hours, but guess who, we all know the risks now

This place has become much more political ( anything non-football is quickly turned into a political post , it never used to be like that ), I often pop on before I head out for work, one day soon I expect to see a post " its my daughters wedding day today and its lashing down, Boris should have acted sooner / Well Boris had a garden party blah blah blah "
    It's funny, the overwhelming majority of this thread is a debate between those who welcome the lifting of restrictions and those who are more cautious. There are a few passing references to the underlying politics of the timing of the announcement.

I have seen a few threads recently which weren't overly political until you chipped in with something along the lines of "I'm going out on a limb here, all of the above is the Tories fault, mostly Boris but past tories should also be blamed".

Perhaps the physician could heal himself on such matters.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's funny, the overwhelming majority of this thread is a debate between those who welcome the lifting of restrictions and those who are more cautious. There are a few passing references to the underlying politics of the timing of the announcement.

I have seen a few threads recently which weren't overly political until you chipped in with something along the lines of "I'm going out on a limb here, all of the above is the Tories fault, mostly Boris but past tories should also be blamed".

Perhaps the physician could heal himself on such matters.

the 3rd post is political , but yes the early posts were a discussion without the political interference ( though it was always going to happen )

my occasional posts about " blaming Boris " are purely a bit of a joke, lighthearted humour, nothing more, nothing less

Matt what do you expect? Virtually every morning theres a Tory MP giving interviews trying to defend Boris over something.

No point going over old ground with the endless list of issues. Even within his party plenty want him gone.

This messageboard is a reflection of the street.

Keep defending him all you like. Youd probably do youself a favour not getting all wound up with the criticism though because its deserved and he needs to go.

I agreed back in March 2020 and was determined not to be too critical of the UK Government, but that was before the "libertarian" Government we have started making decisions based on party politics rather than public health and, as yesterday showed, they still are doing that.

The obsession with just one virus is the problem though , and it seems to me that regardless of lockdowns , masks, social distancing and arbitrary rules it makes little or no difference. I know people who have been terrified of Covid , wore masks , stayed in doors and still caught it. Nearly 40m people in the Uk have tested positive, at some stage

Apparently 90% of Welsh people have antibodies.

Covid was even downgraded as a High Consequence Infectious Disease in March 2020, so on that basis there are more severe viruses is circulation which nobody even thinks about and we carry on as normal in respect of the majority of them.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid