+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hugill

Hugill

Took his goal brilliantly, header hit the post and their keeper made a great save to deny another.

The thing that strikes me about him though is the way he tries, and succeeds a fair number of times, is to get control of the balls played into him, air or feet. Really impressive how he gets the ball under control and tries to pass it.

I just don't recognize him as the player WBA were saying he was for them

A very impressive performance

Re: Hugill

I wonder if we agreed a potential fee for him later down the line. His value will be shooting up currently!

Must admit seen him many times before with PNE and didn't realise how well he holds the ball and brings others into play.

Looks a much better player than I gave him credit for

Doesn’t give defenders a moments peace. Battling against him for 70 mins then seeing Uche coming on must kill defenders!

Could and maybe should’ve had a hat trick tonight

Looks to have more to his game than Moore

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Looks to have more to his game than Moore
    Early days but yes he's done well.
    Difference is KM was ours.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Took his goal brilliantly, header hit the post and their keeper made a great save to deny another.

The thing that strikes me about him though is the way he tries, and succeeds a fair number of times, is to get control of the balls played into him, air or feet. Really impressive how he gets the ball under control and tries to pass it.

I just don't recognize him as the player WBA were saying he was for them

A very impressive performance
    Whereas he’ll face stronger defences than he did tonight, what struck me was how well he holds the ball up especially when you compare how frequently Collins, Harris and Watters lose the ball.

An excellent performance again.

Said to my friend walking out of the ground. Hugill does everything Moore did, but a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Said to my friend walking out of the ground. Hugill does everything Moore did, but a little better.
    He's not locked in a struggle all the time with the opposition defender and the referee.
    Hugill knows he can't score if he's sat on his arse.

He's the type of striker we've not had for a while. His touches and runs inside the box is something our young strikers can learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    He's the type of striker we've not had for a while. His touches and runs inside the box is something our young strikers can learn from.
    A bit like Heider Helgusson

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A bit like Heider Helgusson
    Quite right although I think he'll score a few more.

I’ve mentioned before as have others. Reminds me so much of Stant. His holdup play and his stance.

Sign him up.

Consoling Bali Mumba of Peterborough who is also on loan from Norwich. Heartwarming.

Hugill.JPG

Fair play, so far so good. I thought we’d signed a bit of a journeyman living off former glory’s but he’s proved me wrong so far. Seems to have got that bit between his teeth to prove the doubters wrong, especially after his last couple
    of moves haven’t worked.

Should have scored that header last night mind, glad it didn’t come back to haunt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Consoling Bali Mumba of Peterborough who is also on loan from Norwich. Heartwarming.

Hugill.JPG
    I was saying to my Dad after about 75 minutes I was starting to feel sorry for Mumba. Drameh was giving him a torrid time. Same for the young lad wearing 43 for them who got subbed off.

I think he's done amazingly well and fair play he's doing his best to disprove prior opinions of him. However, it's worth mentioning he's playing with a fully operational midfield and little or no use of hoofball.

Steady on. He wants to be here, though and he's playing really well. I hope Norwich stay up, if they do, I think he'll be back here next season.

Could be the next Michael chopra

Norwich paid about £2.5 million for him I suspect they will want to get something back from that so he will almost certainly be out of our price range as our price range will be probably nothing. The better he does for us the more he will cost.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Early days but yes he's done well.
    Difference is KM was ours.
    Was he ours though ,I personally felt he left us a long time ago ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He's not locked in a struggle all the time with the opposition defender and the referee.
    Hugill knows he can't score if he's sat on his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Was he ours though ,I personally felt he left us a long time ago ?
    I know what you mean but he was our asset.

His head was turned a while back and it's probably wise that we got shot, albeit for an "undisclosed" fee, thus allowing us to move on.

One swallow does not a summer make so I'm reserving judgement for now on Hugill but it is a very good start as a City player.