+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hugill

Re: Hugill

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Norwich paid about £2.5 million for him I suspect they will want to get something back from that so he will almost certainly be out of our price range as our price range will be probably nothing. The better he does for us the more he will cost.
    This is sadly true but let's face it, four weeks ago it was all about survival in the Championship this season.

Norwich paid about £2.5 million for him I suspect they will want to get something back from that so he will almost certainly be out of our price range as our price range will be probably nothing. The better he does for us the more he will cost.
    Unless he absolutely bangs them in, nobody is going to buy him. Norwich might keep him though if they go down.

I think we will have new investment in place ready for the summer window.
    Some players will be shipped out and hopefully some money in place for a rebuild the only difference is we won't be paying Warnock type fees and wages this time.
    I can see us buying Uche Ikpeazu and Hugill

I don’t think anyone can say he’s better than Moore but he certainly suits us more at this time and is in a much better frame of mind.

We’ve found him and he’s found us both at the perfect time

He took his goal well but I don’t understand why he didn’t celebrate with Drameh. He ran away from him when Cody had done the hard work and put it on a plate for him

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Q View Post
    He took his goal well but I don’t understand why he didn’t celebrate with Drameh. He ran away from him when Cody had done the hard work and put it on a plate for him
    My thoughts as well, understand he wanted to celebrate with the Canton, but he should have gone straight to Drameh

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t think anyone can say he’s better than Moore but he certainly suits us more at this time and is in a much better frame of mind.

We’ve found him and he’s found us both at the perfect time
    On his current performances for us I will say he's better than Moore and I think a few have already said they think he is too. So it seems it is possible to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Q View Post
    Impulse? Adrenaline? Happy to score?

I don't think much logical though goes on at that point to be fair fella

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    On his current performances for us I will say he's better than Moore and I think a few have already said they think he is too. So it seems it is possible to say it.
    He was highly regarded at one time after a good few seasons with Preston leading West Ham to pay £10 million for him. He only ever played 22 minutes for them. He is a good championship player but not good enough for the premier. If Norwich go down they may well keep him.would be happy to have him but I think Norwich will want somewhere near a million for him particularly if he does well for us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Took his goal brilliantly, header hit the post and their keeper made a great save to deny another.

The thing that strikes me about him though is the way he tries, and succeeds a fair number of times, is to get control of the balls played into him, air or feet. Really impressive how he gets the ball under control and tries to pass it.

I just don't recognize him as the player WBA were saying he was for them

A very impressive performance
    I've been really impressed with his all round game, he works his socks off and really seems to be enjoying himself, Moore who???

He was highly regarded at one time after a good few seasons with Preston leading West Ham to pay £10 million for him. He only ever played 22 minutes for them. He is a good championship player but not good enough for the premier. If Norwich go down they may well keep him.would be happy to have him but I think Norwich will want somewhere near a million for him particularly if he does well for us.
    Fee I saw online was 5 mill they paid. Maybe add ons as well who knows..

A million isn't a lot these days, even with our not so great financial situation. I don't think we'll splurge but I think a few smart buys and loans will do us good.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Said to my friend walking out of the ground. Hugill does everything Moore did, but a little better.
    Spot on .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spot on .
    Now there was a game.

All you needed was a rich kid with a Wembley trophy and an end of terrace.
    Hours of fun!