+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lee Tomlin

Argh Wrexham , the land of fried pies and Wrexham Lager ,should knit in their nicely Lee

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Argh Wrexham , the land of fried pies and Wrexham Lager ,should knit in their nicely Lee
    Nice to see the fat comments still flying about on here. I hope you haven't commented on mental health posts in the past, Tomlin has suffered with MH and his weight could be to do with that.

Grown men on here ain't we.. bit of respect ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nice to see the fat comments still flying about on here. I hope you haven't commented on mental health posts in the past, Tomlin has suffered with MH and his weight could be to do with that.

I don’t think he meant it to be fair.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Are you suggesting that everybody who is fat is overweight just because of mental problems?
    It couldn't possibly got to do with them being greedy idle barstewards could it?
    Asking for an overweight friend!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I don’t think he meant it to be fair.
    Is it funny either way?

Good luck to him, he provided us with some rare magical moments which were badly needed during his time here.

Provided some moments of class not seen since Whitt’s was in his prime but totally unprofessional and I was arguably his biggest supporter. Played out of his skin to get a new contract then downed tools.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Provided some moments of class not seen since Whitt’s was in his prime but totally unprofessional and I was arguably his biggest supporter. Played out of his skin to get a new contract then downed tools.
    He got injured in the Fulham game , he didn’t down tools.

I thought he was an incredible footballer and never bored sharing those views.
    Sadly he let us down.
    Mental health or not ,it appeared as though he took the piss in the end .
    I hope he shines again in Wrexham.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Sadly he let us down.
    In the end? i think he took the piss all the way, as I've said before. It was miraculous how he 'improved' just before his contract was due for renewal. But he soon reverted to form. I think he blagged the club, and other clubs.
    He always flattered to deceive. I wouldn't wish him ill but i'm glad he isn't anything to do with Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    In the end? i think he took the piss all the way, as I've said before. It was miraculous how he 'improved' just before his contract was due for renewal. But he soon reverted to form. I think he blagged the club, and other clubs.
    He always flattered to deceive. I wouldn't wish him ill but i'm glad he isn't anything to do with Cardiff City.
    Pretty much this. Some moments of (relative) brilliance. But nowhere near worth his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Sadly he let us down.
    Agreed Jim. We were in the minority of his supporters on here at the time but he made Cardiff City worth watching at a time we were ****ing woeful. His free kicks against WBA and Sheff Weds were on another level.

He was capable of amazing feats of skill but what a pity his fitness nowhere near matched it. However, if it had he'd probably not have played for Cardiff City.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He was capable of amazing feats of skill but what a pity his fitness nowhere near matched it. However, if it had he'd probably not have played for Cardiff City.
    Was thinking about Tomlin last night ... how he would have relished playing in a team who were close to his skill / composure level.

In his #10 role, linking play with the likes of Davies, Doyle, Drameh ... rather than Bacuna, Vaulks etc

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Indeed.

Yup. Wrexham may get a couple of cameo performances out of him but doubt much more.

Mate I was his biggest fan but he downed tools in the end. Not turning up for training.etc.

He was still here for over a year after he recovered from that injury.

Mate I was his biggest fan but he downed tools in the end. Not turning up for training.etc.

An fair enough , I wasn’t sad to see him go and glad the club paid him off. He was an expensive luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Was thinking about Tomlin last night ... how he would have relished playing in a team who were close to his skill / composure level.

In his #10 role, linking play with the likes of Davies, Doyle, Drameh ... rather than Bacuna, Vaulks etc
    Oh yes that would be exciting but only if he was fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Would have been great.

I think a big part of what works, for now at least, is having Wintle sit and the energy after Ralls and Doyle ahead of him, I think a no10 gets a cameo in this team just now

Didn't we rush him back for the start of the following season and he got injured again?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Didn't we rush him back for the start of the following season and he got injured again?
    Didn't rule himself out of some games due to a cold?

What was the injury that kept him out for so long out of interest?