+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Lee Tomlin

Re: Lee Tomlin

Argh Wrexham , the land of fried pies and Wrexham Lager ,should knit in their nicely Lee

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Argh Wrexham , the land of fried pies and Wrexham Lager ,should knit in their nicely Lee
    Nice to see the fat comments still flying about on here. I hope you haven't commented on mental health posts in the past, Tomlin has suffered with MH and his weight could be to do with that.

Grown men on here ain't we.. bit of respect ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nice to see the fat comments still flying about on here. I hope you haven't commented on mental health posts in the past, Tomlin has suffered with MH and his weight could be to do with that.

Grown men on here ain't we.. bit of respect ffs.
    I don’t think he meant it to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I don’t think he meant it to be fair.
    Is it funny either way?

Good luck to him, he provided us with some rare magical moments which were badly needed during his time here.

Provided some moments of class not seen since Whitt’s was in his prime but totally unprofessional and I was arguably his biggest supporter. Played out of his skin to get a new contract then downed tools.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Provided some moments of class not seen since Whitt’s was in his prime but totally unprofessional and I was arguably his biggest supporter. Played out of his skin to get a new contract then downed tools.
    He was capable of amazing feats of skill but what a pity his fitness nowhere near matched it. However, if it had he'd probably not have played for Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He was capable of amazing feats of skill but what a pity his fitness nowhere near matched it. However, if it had he'd probably not have played for Cardiff City.
    Indeed.

He got injured in the Fulham game , he didn’t down tools.

Yup. Wrexham may get a couple of cameo performances out of him but doubt much more.

Mate I was his biggest fan but he downed tools in the end. Not turning up for training.etc.

He was still here for over a year after he recovered from that injury.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Was thinking about Tomlin last night ... how he would have relished playing in a team who were close to his skill / composure level.

In his #10 role, linking play with the likes of Davies, Doyle, Drameh ... rather than Bacuna, Vaulks etc

Mate I was his biggest fan but he downed tools in the end. Not turning up for training.etc.

An fair enough , I wasn’t sad to see him go and glad the club paid him off. He was an expensive luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Was thinking about Tomlin last night ... how he would have relished playing in a team who were close to his skill / composure level.

In his #10 role, linking play with the likes of Davies, Doyle, Drameh ... rather than Bacuna, Vaulks etc
    Oh yes that would be exciting but only if he was fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Would have been great.

I think a big part of what works, for now at least, is having Wintle sit and the energy after Ralls and Doyle ahead of him, I think a no10 gets a cameo in this team just now

Didn't we rush him back for the start of the following season and he got injured again?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Didn't we rush him back for the start of the following season and he got injured again?
    Didn't rule himself out of some games due to a cold?

What was the injury that kept him out for so long out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Cant remember tbh but let’s be honest, not even Lee Tomlin would admit he was a committed professional. A lot of the niggling injuries and fitness issues could have been avoided if he was more proffesional. His diet was clearly piss poor and not befitting of a professional athlete.

I loved the guy as a player, he’s one of the reasons I watch football because he can do things with a football mere mortals cannot, but if he’s truly honest with himself he wasn’t fully committed for majority of his time here.

Magical player.

I'm sure we all want him to do well and more importantly be well.

It’s like he was playing Master’s football

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s like he was playing Master’s football

which would suit him, his style and lack of fitness

Cant remember tbh but let’s be honest, not even Lee Tomlin would admit he was a committed professional. A lot of the niggling injuries and fitness issues could have been avoided if he was more proffesional. His diet was clearly piss poor and not befitting of a professional athlete.

I loved the guy as a player, he’s one of the reasons I watch football because he can do things with a football mere mortals cannot, but if he’s truly honest with himself he wasn’t fully committed for majority of his time here.
    How much of his unprofessional attitude was just down to his mental health?

Anyway, I saw something this morning that struck a chord with me and it is absolutely bang on "I don't understand why people are defending Joe Rogan more than Joe Rogan is defending himself"

Lee Tomlin is a grown man and a pro footballer he doesn't need me defending him.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How much of his unprofessional attitude was just down to his mental health?

Anyway, I saw something this morning that struck a chord with me and it is absolutely bang on "I don't understand why people are defending Joe Rogan more than Joe Rogan is defending himself"

Lee Tomlin is a grown man and a pro footballer he doesn't need me defending him.
    I’d flip that and say how much of his mental health issues were self inflicted and down to having an unprofessional attitude / poor lifestyle?