+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Re: Lee Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’d flip that and say how much of his mental health issues were self inflicted and down to having an unprofessional attitude / poor lifestyle?
    Excellent point.

Got me there.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Excellent point.

Got me there.
    And I wasn’t trying to be clever I say that as someone who has suffered bouts of depression over the last 15 years but also made some very poor lifestyle choices in that time which I have no doubt were a factor with the mental health. It’s the old chicken and egg scenario.

I loved Tomlin when he was on it and I wish him well. I hope he can get back on the field and back to in a good place mentally. Even if it’s just 20
    minute cameos Wrexham fans will be in for a treat.

Fair play to him, hopefully he gets back some fitness as on the pitch he would still be far too good at that level if he is even at 90%.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    What a waste of talent, could have had an amazing career, but ability can only get you so far, heart and desire could have got him to the top level!

And I wasn’t trying to be clever I say that as someone who has suffered bouts of depression over the last 15 years but also made some very poor lifestyle choices in that time which I have no doubt were a factor with the mental health. It’s the old chicken and egg scenario.

I loved Tomlin when he was on it and I wish him well. I hope he can get back on the field and back to in a good place mentally. Even if it’s just 20
    minute cameos Wrexham fans will be in for a treat.
    No no I know you weren't mate, were all adults on here and we can have tidy conversations now and again ;)

I've been there myself, wasn't going to bring myself into it in the first reply but basically what I've realised over the last month or so is everything that was shit in my life, how I felt waking up, during the day, no motivation, tired, bad thoughts,, no desire to look after myself and basically work, sleep, eat, work.. staying in bed watching TV during my time out of work...it was all my own doing.

I've been Alan the gym 3 weeks, been eating well properly for just under 3 weeks (started a few days after first visit to the gym) I drink plenty of water..and honestly that's a cheat code in itself keeping hydrated and cutting out shirty soft drinks..I walk the dog a good hour or more and she's out on 2 small walks start and end of day for the toilet..all of thus is done with absolutely no effort I can't believe the change in myself in a short time.

Drugs, which were always sadly coming out after a few beersbibe done once in 6 weeks (2 weeks ago) and I've drank on 2 occasions in the same period.

I won't completely cut out alcohol, drugs are gone, dead, but I'll drink as and when I fancy it but at the moment I'm happy not to.

All the best to Lee he's great to watch.

Good luck to you as well, I know how hard it can be.

No no I know you weren't mate, were all adults on here and we can have tidy conversations now and again ;)

I've been there myself, wasn't going to bring myself into it in the first reply but basically what I've realised over the last month or so is everything that was shit in my life, how I felt waking up, during the day, no motivation, tired, bad thoughts,, no desire to look after myself and basically work, sleep, eat, work.. staying in bed watching TV during my time out of work...it was all my own doing.

I've been Alan the gym 3 weeks, been eating well properly for just under 3 weeks (started a few days after first visit to the gym) I drink plenty of water..and honestly that's a cheat code in itself keeping hydrated and cutting out shirty soft drinks..I walk the dog a good hour or more and she's out on 2 small walks start and end of day for the toilet..all of thus is done with absolutely no effort I can't believe the change in myself in a short time.

Drugs, which were always sadly coming out after a few beersbibe done once in 6 weeks (2 weeks ago) and I've drank on 2 occasions in the same period.

I won't completely cut out alcohol, drugs are gone, dead, but I'll drink as and when I fancy it but at the moment I'm happy not to.

All the best to Lee he's great to watch.

Good luck to you as well, I know how hard it can be.
    Good lad.

I think recognising only you can change things for the better is the first and biggest step really.

Good lad.

Some errors in that post fuuuck me

Thought was there

Some errors in that post fuuuck me

Thought was there
    I got the jest of it

I’m back in gym tomorrow. Went to London for weekend 2 weeks ago and had a full weekend on it so been making gym excuses for a fortnight. It don’t take much to get gym demotivated

On the flip side because of the addictive personality once I’m back it will be every day without fail until the next blow out.

Have to remind myself how good he was 2 years ago, virtually getting us into the playoffs single handedly. Sad to think the rest of his time with us was such a non event. Will be interesting to see what he does at Wrexham

Even if, during the remainder of the season, he can conjour up 2 or 3 pieces of magic then turn draws into victories for Wrexham, and secure them a play off place or better, then they'll consider it money we'll spent. Wrexham have shown commitment to him and now it's Tomlins turn to repay that commitment.
    Good luck to him.

I got the jest of it

I’m back in gym tomorrow. Went to London for weekend 2 weeks ago and had a full weekend on it so been making gym excuses for a fortnight. It don’t take much to get gym demotivated

On the flip side because of the addictive personality once I’m back it will be every day without fail until the next blow out.
    It's all habits isn't it and making it as easy as possible for you to follow through on the good ones.

I would sometimes not bother going to the gym after work if I'd forgotten my headphones or wasn't quite feeling it. Guarantee if I went I'd have stayed and felt better, even if I didn't stay long it's all incremental gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's all habits isn't it and making it as easy as possible for you to follow through on the good ones.

I would sometimes not bother going to the gym after work if I'd forgotten my headphones or wasn't quite feeling it. Guarantee if I went I'd have stayed and felt better, even if I didn't stay long it's all incremental gains.
    Yep, can totally relate to the headphones one.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Magical player.

I'm sure we all want him to do well and more importantly be well.
    Magical player? He has a lot of natural talent. He's a quick thinker. But he rarely put in a shift and drifted in and out of form except when it was easy for him. As in League 1 and below.

I wish him well. But let's not pretend he's George Best.

Provided some moments of class not seen since Whitt’s was in his prime but totally unprofessional and I was arguably his biggest supporter. Played out of his skin to get a new contract then downed tools.
    I thought he was an incredible footballer and never bored sharing those views.
    Sadly he let us down.
    Mental health or not ,it appeared as though he took the piss in the end .
    I hope he shines again in Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Magical player? He has a lot of natural talent. He's a quick thinker. But he rarely put in a shift and drifted in and out of form except when it was easy for him. As in League 1 and below.

I wish him well. But let's not pretend he's George Best.
    No he might well not have been a Best nor a Maradona but he did possess special skills. Had he been truly fit he would have been the best player to have ever played at City. But as I mentioned in a previous thread, had he been that fit he would never have played for us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Sadly he let us down.
    In the end? i think he took the piss all the way, as I've said before. It was miraculous how he 'improved' just before his contract was due for renewal. But he soon reverted to form. I think he blagged the club, and other clubs.
    He always flattered to deceive. I wouldn't wish him ill but i'm glad he isn't anything to do with Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    No he might well not have been a Best nor a Maradona but he did possess special skills. Had he been truly fit he would have been the best player to have ever played at City. But as I mentioned in a previous thread, had he been that fit he would never have played for us.
    That is overselling him!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That is overselling him!
    It was a hell of a statement, wasn’t it.

That is overselling him!
    Ok maybe one of the best then 👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was a hell of a statement, wasn’t it.
    I'm on commission.

That is overselling him!
    Big time. He had a bit of class about him. That's it. His best days were with Peterborough and Rushden and Diamonds. He didn't work hard. That may have more to do with his attitude than his fitness. His fitness probably has more to do with his attitude than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Sadly he let us down.
    Agreed Jim. We were in the minority of his supporters on here at the time but he made Cardiff City worth watching at a time we were ****ing woeful. His free kicks against WBA and Sheff Weds were on another level.

On his latest addition, manager Gary McSheffrey said: “We’re really pleased. We know of Lee’s qualities and he’s had a fantastic career so far.

Has he really had a fantastic career so far?
    I think he's had an unfulfilled career so far. With his undoubted ability, I think he could have achieved so much more.

Loved watching City with Tomlin in the side. Saw him play for R&D with a mate who was a ST holder back in the day. I’ll never give a kicking to someone who’s head’s not in the right place. He’ll have known well enough just what might have been. I actually agree with Dorcus on this one and yes, as JR mentioned, those FKs were what we pay for. I’d throw in the great comeback from 0-3 at Leeds too.