+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A question for players on loan.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: A question for players on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Everyone's different, so I'm sure that there would be some who hang back from tackling for the reasons Seabird suggests, but I'd say they'd be a pretty small minority - I think it's almost instinctive with most footballers though that they see a ball to be won and go into a tackle without giving much thought to possible consequences.
    I recall Emlyn Hughes saying the reason he never got seriously injured was because he never committed to a tackle he couldn't win.

mind you at his level he assumed he was going to win any tackle that was 40/60 against him. I dread to think what odds he considered made a tackle unwinnable !

Re: A question for players on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I recall Emlyn Hughes saying the reason he never got seriously injured was because he never committed to a tackle he couldn't win.

mind you at his level he assumed he was going to win any tackle that was 40/60 against him. I dread to think what odds he considered made a tackle unwinnable !
    I think most players are of that mindset. They won't go into a 20-80% tackle. They'll back off and try and slow the player down.