+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: MILLWALL 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: MILLWALL 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    good for Bagan to get a goal
    He had a good game again today IMO

Out battled and out shithoused by a mediocre team, yet it still could have gone either way.

Ref didn't fancy it one bit, bottled the clearest penalty I've ever seen. And in the end that's probably cost us the point.

As for Millwall, if ever there was a club I'd love to see do a Bury it'd be them.

I am disappointed......think if Smithies didn't bu**er up that clearance we would have got a point. Overall however...we fought hard......not an abysmal performance...I can take that......and glad Bagan got a goal...he is gaining confidence...and seems to filled out a bit. He is going to be a good asset.
    Strange decision to replace Doyle with Vaulks though.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Dreadful tactics by morison...standing off and defending when we need points...not impressed at all,need to do better.
    3/10
    3/10 are you actually serious?

Certainly no more than a 5

Re: MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Well, that was pretty awful. I suppose inconsistency is better than being shit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Well, that was pretty awful. I suppose inconsistency is better than being shit all the time.
    That was NOT awful......perhaps it was a young team outmuscled by a more experienced team...at an intimidating venue....No way can I see that as awful.

Barnsley was awful...this was not.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    And further proof it’s too early to make a call on Steve Morrison’s contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    That was NOT awful......perhaps it was a young team outmuscled by a more experienced team...at an intimidating venue....No way can I see that as awful.

There's not much intimidating about the New Den these days. The intimidation is reserved for the away fans arriving or leaving that area of South London.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

It wasn't great, but i wouldn't call it awful. Millwall got at us and it worked, in the same way Barnsley did but they had nothing up top. Players worked hard today and Doyle worked his bollocks off, creating a few half chances out of not very much. The last 20 minutes saw us starting to tire and drop off a little bit which helped Millwall. They out battled us and i would add that we didn't really get the bounce today. Not great but not awful

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It wasn't great, but i wouldn't call it awful. Millwall got at us and it worked, in the same way Barnsley did but they had nothing up top. Players worked hard today and Doyle worked his bollocks off, creating a few half chances out of not very much. The last 20 minutes saw us starting to tire and drop off a little bit which helped Millwall. They out battled us and i would add that we didn't really get the bounce today. Not great but not awful
    Which is how I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Which is how I saw it.
    Yup, Millwall made it difficult, and why shouldn't they? They worked for everything, nullified our wing backs, something Morison needs to work out quickly how to adjust because the same thing happened at Barnsley which meant that we never had that extra man or turned the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, Millwall made it difficult, and why shouldn't they? They worked for everything, nullified our wing backs, something Morison needs to work out quickly how to adjust because the same thing happened at Barnsley which meant that we never had that extra man or turned the defence.
    I know he’s a rookie manager but he is yet to demonstrate he can make tactical adaptions in-play. It’s ok having a decent plan A when it works as well as Wednesday but there’s been too many games where plan A hasn’t worked and he hasn’t shown he’s got a plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I know he’s a rookie manager but he is yet to demonstrate he can make tactical adaptions in-play. It’s ok having a decent plan A when it works as well as Wednesday but there’s been too many games where plan A hasn’t worked and he hasn’t shown he’s got a plan B.
    Yup, we seemed to be trying the same things today when maybe something different may have worked. The only real outlet that i could see today was Doyle, and he had his hands full, ran himself into the ground. Everything seemed to go up to Harris in the first half and he was really trying to compete but seems to lack that bit of strength needed on the ball, although he was getting fouled a shitload.

First Team

1. Our tactics today were way off. Millwall wanted us to play a "fight ball" game. We did exactly as they wanted. Why we didn't play it on the deck and keep possession more must be down to Morison. Playing constant long balls into the channels and thus giving it straight back to them was our downfall.

2. The ref and his assistants were terrible. In the second half there was a tremendous diving save on the edge of their area from their centrehalf. (If it was in the area) it should have been a straight red and penalty. The prancing prick with the tight shorts choose to quite demonstrably wave the appeals away with disdain. Then there was the clear pen involving Hugill in the first half when their tried to swap shirts.

3. Don't get me started on the shithousery Millwall constantly engaged in.

4. In some coverage of their fans in the second half, they appeared to be doing the Sala airplane arms stuff. Scum, always have been, always will be.

we let in two..goalie fecked up....we were passive...2/10

Maybe a game too far as Morison said. 5th game in 14 days and we expanded a lot of energy Wednesday, especially first half with the way we pressed.

Going to need to rotate a few for midweek I think.

Felt it was a battle of a game which cost us. Too busy playing their game rather than play our game.

So disappointing not to get anything against such mediocre opponents.

2 really soft goals conceded after a period when we actually looked threatening.

The substitutions took all momentum and shape out of the game and we were never really in it after they scored their first.

Not rubbish but not great either. Plenty of positives but really should have got something from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

2 really soft goals conceded after a period when we actually looked threatening.

The substitutions took all momentum and shape out of the game and we were never really in it after they scored their first.

Not rubbish but not great either. Plenty of positives but really should have got something from the game.
    The goals were poor to give away. They were tired looking goals from our point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Agree, very frustrating.

I’m a big Davies fan but I do wonder if brining on Impenza alongside Hugill would have been an idea for a while and then brought on Davies. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Agree, very frustrating.

I’m a big Davies fan but I do wonder if brining on Impenza alongside Hugill would have been an idea for a while and then brought on Davies. Not sure.
    ikpeazu

Are you thinking of Emile Mpenza?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Agree, very frustrating.

I thought that a Davies made a difference again when he came on (and again showed up Harris’s shortcomings) but Uche didn’t have the impact I was hoping for. And Hughill was having a good game too, but must have been tiring.

any news on what the issue with Colwill was?

ikpeazu

Are you thinking of Emile Mpenza?
    Honestly I couldn’t remember his name and made a guess but when I typed it his name came to mind lol. I meant the Boro lad lol.