Live on Sky Sports Football

Match Officials:

Referee: JOHN BUSBY
    Assistants: Mark Pottage and Mark Russell
    Fourth Official : Keith Stroud

Re: CARDIFF CITY v COVENTRY CITY. Match thread

Colwill's out, King on the bench again?

Its Biblical out there at the moment and apparently two storms are on their way!

Question is whether these conditions will favour Coventry more than us.
    League position would suggest so but our last couple of home games have seen us play a bit.

I'm going for 2-1 City.

I was impressed by Coventry's midfield when they beat us at their place.
    Their midfield was direct, but in a pleasing manner, it was good on the eyes. They had good ball carriers in the middle of the park and some slick passing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Their midfield was direct, but in a pleasing manner, it was good on the eyes. They had good ball carriers in the middle of the park and some slick passing too.
    I agree, a good side to watch in form. O'Hare and Gyokeres are very good players

Ex-City keeper Simon Moore in goals for them as well

they had a good young team last season that played nice food but were outbattled by some of the more physical sides.
    this season they are still playing good stuff and are a bit more resilient.

Hopefully, a wet pitch will slow their quick passing/quick to break game. They could easily have beaten us 2 or3 nil at their place. Maybe we need a battering ram up front (Uche to start?) and go back to some hoof ball tactics. Headers and scrambled goals. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Hopefully, a wet pitch will slow their quick passing/quick to break game. They could easily have beaten us 2 or3 nil at their place. Maybe we need a battering ram up front (Uche to start?) and go back to some hoof ball tactics. Headers and scrambled goals. Can't believe I'm saying that.
    Think it'll be that sort of scrappy, messy game.
    Not a night for tippy tappy football.

Could be wrong, I usually am, but i think we will win fairly comfortably.
    3-1

City haven't drawn at home in the Championship since the opening day of the season. Coventry are 9th in the current form table, Cardiff are 12th. I've gone for 2-2 on the Super Six.

What sort of crowd we looking at , as I note it would probably have been our biggest crowd of the season if it went ahead on Boxing Day and most would have kept their tickets for the rearrangement fixture ?

Cov would have brought 2,000 plus on Boxing Day.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    What sort of crowd we looking at , as I note it would probably have been our biggest crowd of the season if it went ahead on Boxing Day and most would have kept their tickets for the rearrangement fixture ?

Cov would have brought 2,000 plus on Boxing Day.
    Coventry have sold 1000+, so we can expect a crowd of 17000 announced, reality about 10k there tonight. Afraid am holed up in W Wales so its sky for me tonight.

They played brilliantly against us that day and I thought they looked a really tidy outfit. I haven't seen them since then though. I Will tonight though as I'm braving the elements.

Prutton has gone for a 1 - 2 Coventry win. I'm feeling a bit more confident already!

Be interesting what team is put out tonight; I'd expect a fair few changes, can't go week in week out with same eleven when playing twice in a week for a sustained period.

I dont think can change the defence too much but imagine midfield and upfront will see a fair few.

2-0 coventry

Match facts

• Cardiff have won four of their last five home league matches against Coventry City (D1), winning 3-1 last season under Mick McCarthy.
    • Following a 1-0 victory earlier this season, Coventry are looking to secure their first league double over Cardiff since the 1965-66 campaign.
    • Cardiff have won their last two home league games, having lost nine of their 10 at home beforehand (W1). They’ve not won three in a row since March 2021, which included victory against Coventry.
    • Coventry are winless in 10 away league matches in Wales (D4 L6), a run that features winless games against Cardiff (five), Swansea (four) and Newport County (one) since a 1-0 win at Cardiff in August 2007.
    • Coventry manager Mark Robins is looking for his first away league win at Cardiff since February 2010, when he led Barnsley to a 2-0 victory in the Championship.

What a strange 11 !!!!!!!

Looks like a pre-season team

That team is not what I expected.

Or wanted.

I know there's a need for some rotation, but Morison isn't really giving any front two the opportunity to form a partnership. Too much chopping and changing. Surely Morison, being a striker, would know all about trying to find a regular strike partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What a strange line up

Cardiff City XI: Smithies; Ng, Flint, McGuinness; Drameh, Bagan, Wintle, Vaulks, King; Watters, Davies.

Subs: Phillips, Denham, Ralls, Doyle, Harris, Hugill, Ikpeazu.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-23105849

WOL only had 10 starters listed. I assume Bagan is in?

There has to be rotation with the number of games coming up, but only two of the front five would be first choice. The second half will be interesting - if we are still in the game!

Not much creativity in there

What's Sam Bowen done so wrong to be nowhere near the first team after impressing under Mick?