+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morison - Paul Lambert

Morison - Paul Lambert

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-play-for.html

Hadn’t seen this before. Perhaps some insight here to the leadership style he enjoyed most…

Re: Morison - Paul Lambert

Hopefully we will see him at the greyhound track in ystrad Mynach

Nobody likes a grass Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Hopefully we will see him at the greyhound track in ystrad Mynach
    Is there still a track at Taff's Well?

I don't open Daily Mail links, what's the gist of this?

He comes across as quite old school, and i think that he likes honesty from players, expects them to do their jobs and improve, and he will say as much. In my limited experience going way, way back, that was the order of the day, although at a lower level. If i were to take a guess then i would say that his passage into football has shaped him. Starting off at non league level after being rejected, he did it the hard way, and the likelihood is that the way he got into the Pro game was harder than going through the pro system, so for him to go from non league to Premier league shows some character, belief and a shit load of hard work in between. Maybe, because of that, he has forged an element of honesty within his character that has served him well up to now in his career, and he might be thinking that he's not likely to change a great deal while he's a manager due to the success that his honesty has brought him. Obviously, all guess work on my part.

The way he is trying to line up the team is quite positive in my opinion, and the fact that he has recognised that a more flexible approach at the back was needed and more pace on the ball in midfield with or without the ball is very positive as it stands, although tougher tests are ahead of us and greater expectation. He's obviously confident, has self belief and probably works hard. There will be plenty more tests of character along the way and that's where i'm a little concerned, and the Joey Essex bit in the article was a huge concern

I hope he hasn't learned much from Lambert. Worst manager in premier league history for me. What he did to Darren bent was beyond moronic, ruined Bents career and deprived the club of an 'asset that would have netted then 15 million plus. Also chose to freeze out alan hutton , absolutely ridiculous excuse of a man

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't remember one being there? In recent times there were only three "flapping" tracks left in Wales, but sadly the ones in Bedwellty (2007) and Fforestfach (2009) closed down, leaving the Valley Greyhound Stadium in Ystrad Mynach as the only remaining one. They usually race every Thursday and Saturday evenings. It's a great night out, with a lovely bar alongside the track. Highly recommended. Starsports wanted to buy it for quite a while and upgrade it to licensed track (in layman's terms, the races would be shown in betting shops and online). However, a deal has just been done with the fella that runs the track at Harlow, so a greater profile awaits the track, which is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Stadium

not since 1974 apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Nice one, thanks. Not old enough to remember that one, only the three I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I don't open Daily Mail links, what's the gist of this?
    Me neither!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He comes across as quite old school, and i think that he likes honesty from players, expects them to do their jobs and improve, and he will say as much. In my limited experience going way, way back, that was the order of the day, although at a lower level. If i were to take a guess then i would say that his passage into football has shaped him. Starting off at non league level after being rejected, he did it the hard way, and the likelihood is that the way he got into the Pro game was harder than going through the pro system, so for him to go from non league to Premier league shows some character, belief and a shit load of hard work in between. Maybe, because of that, he has forged an element of honesty within his character that has served him well up to now in his career, and he might be thinking that he's not likely to change a great deal while he's a manager due to the success that his honesty has brought him. Obviously, all guess work on my part.

The way he is trying to line up the team is quite positive in my opinion, and the fact that he has recognised that a more flexible approach at the back was needed and more pace on the ball in midfield with or without the ball is very positive as it stands, although tougher tests are ahead of us and greater expectation. He's obviously confident, has self belief and probably works hard. There will be plenty more tests of character along the way and that's where i'm a little concerned, and the Joey Essex bit in the article was a huge concern
    To be fair, he did say he stopped watching it after Joey Essex left

Someone asked him yesterday if there had been plenty of banter by text from him with people at Millwall who were still there from his days at the club and his reply was along the lines of you lot don’t know me well enough yet to realise that would never happen. He went on to say that it’s all about getting the job done with him. It’s his first time back at the New Den since he left them in 2019 I think it was and expects to get a positive reception before the game, them to be on his case during the match and he hopes they’re booing him at the end because that will mean we’ve won!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair, he did say he stopped watching it after Joey Essex left

Someone asked him yesterday if there had been plenty of banter by text from him with people at Millwall who were still there from his days at the club and his reply was along the lines of you lot don’t know me well enough yet to realise that would never happen. He went on to say that it’s all about getting the job done with him. It’s his first time back at the New Den since he left them in 2019 I think it was and expects to get a positive reception before the game, them to be on his case during the match and he hopes they’re booing him at the end because that will mean we’ve won!
    He does come across as someone who is quire serious, straight down the middle. The comments on Bagan were very interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He does come across as someone who is quire serious, straight down the middle. The comments on Bagan were very interesting as well.
    He certainly does, the type who waits outside the pub until happy hour is over.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He certainly does, the type who waits outside the pub until happy hour is over.
    Yeah, but I think that you find that with quite a lot of people who are serious about themselves and what they do, whether they're good at what they do or not! On a personal level, the most interesting people I have ever met and stayed in contact with can't switch on that happy hat when it suits other people or circumstances dictate, and they will speak the truth when others won't. I think that being that way can be detrimental in their personal lives but I have also found that they have pretty high standards and are very interesting people when they let you in. I'm not saying that morison is any of those things, although he could be, and if he is then he is likely to upset and offend or come across as aloof without really knowing it. Who knows?