+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IPL Live Auction

IPL Live Auction

I tried looking at this today.

But without some sort of commentary as to what is going on, particularly in terms of why some players haven't been selected ( for example Steve Smith and David Millar didn't even rate a bid ( the starting price for them was I think around £100,000)) or how the various teams are shaping with the players they have retaine or the ones they have bought in the auction it's a bit like watching paint dry! There wasn't even a studio link to Sky Sports

The most exciting part was when the auctioneer collapsed!!.He is OK apparently thank goodness. but all you could get from the pictures was that someone had obviously gone down with a very quick glimple of someone lying on the floor and the just pictures of the various delegations looking at the scene, then it went to adverts followed by cricket highlights.

Apparently they took an early lunch (quite apt for a cricket auction) but I only found out when I looked at the Times of India live feed on the Internet.

I'm just going to paint a wall and stare at it for the rest of the afternoon

Re: IPL Live Auction

I watched it for 5 minutes and realised I didn't have a clue what was going on other than its all to do with money and very little to do with cricket. Watching Huddersfield v Sheff utd now. Its not difficult to despise McBurnie!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I tried looking at this today.

But without some sort of commentary as to what is going on, particularly in terms of why some players haven't been selected ( for example Steve Smith and David Millar didn't even rate a bid ( the starting price for them was I think around £100,000)) or how the various teams are shaping with the players they have retaine or the ones they have bought in the auction it's a bit like watching paint dry! There wasn't even a studio link to Sky Sports

The most exciting part was when the auctioneer collapsed!!.He is OK apparently thank goodness. but all you could get from the pictures was that someone had obviously gone down with a very quick glimple of someone lying on the floor and the just pictures of the various delegations looking at the scene, then it went to adverts followed by cricket highlights.

Apparently they took an early lunch (quite apt for a cricket auction) but I only found out when I looked at the Times of India live feed on the Internet.

I'm just going to paint a wall and stare at it for the rest of the afternoon
    i gave up after a few minutes

Mark Wood purchased for £734k.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60359801

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Mark Wood purchased for £734k.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60359801
    Thats insane !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Thats insane !!!!
    Is that good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Is that good or bad?
    I think its absolutely mad to spend that money on Mark Wood. Nowhere near worth it