+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea v Bristol

Swansea v Bristol

Kicks off at 1pm.

Draw and many red cards best that can be hoped for, not that it effects us.

Sad to think both way well have done the double over us this season.

Re: Swansea v Bristol

Cos we were crap

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Kicks off at 1pm.

Draw and many red cards best that can be hoped for, not that it effects us.

Sad to think both way well have done the double over us this season.
    Add a few long term injuries to the Jacks....beyond April 2nd.

Both sets of fans singing about Cardiff City - living in their heads rent free

Both set of fans singing “Cardiff get battered” followed by “we hate Cardiff more than you”. Can they both lose?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Both set of fans singing “Cardiff get battered” followed by “we hate Cardiff more than you”. Can they both lose?
    Ah….they love us really

And this is exactly why we should never sing anything about them unless we’re playing them. Don’t give them the recognition they crave.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Q View Post
    Both sets of fans singing about Cardiff City - living in their heads rent free
    We literally sing about Swansea every game

Weimann's having one hell of a season, will be a danger in the World Cup play offs

Come on the Wurzels beat the Jack shite.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Weimann's having one hell of a season, will be a danger in the World Cup play offs
    He hasn't played international football for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    He hasn't played international football for 7 years.
    Really? That's a surprise, he's played at a decent level for much of that

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Really? That's a surprise, he's played at a decent level for much of that
    Yeah I was surprised when I looked him up. He has definitely been a thorn in our side. Saying that, I would place Brennan Johnson higher based on this season's performances and where they are going with their relative careers.

Dreadful as were so polite to them.

Not a great match but both sides would beat us if we played them tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Not a great match but both sides would beat us if we played them tomorrow
    Really.? Neither side are as good as Forest and we beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And they beat us pretty easily in all three of our meetings with them this season - the players certainly owe us a decent performance in a derby game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And they beat us pretty easily in all three of our meetings with them this season - the players certainly owe us a decent performance in a derby game this season.
    Right now, I'd take a point at home v the Jacks in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    In your opinion which you are by LAW entitled to. Though we know you are wrong.

The jacks singing that about us is like David Price singing it about Tyson Fury

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Right now, I'd take a point at home v the Jacks in April.
    I wouldn’t. I want us to do what they do to us down there sometimes, 3 or 4 nil will do. We haven’t beaten them by more than 1 goal in the league for decades I think….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I wouldn’t. I want us to do what they do to us down there sometimes, 3 or 4 nil will do. We haven’t beaten them by more than 1 goal in the league for decades I think….
    It means more to them, that’s quite apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We beat them 5-0 in April 1965 with an Ivor Allchurch hat trick and a brace from John Charles. We would wait 15 years for a return to the derby as a league fixture, by which time they were Swansea City, not Town.

Since 1980 in the league, we've won 11, drawn 12 and lost 16. You are absolutely right in that every single one of our wins has been by a single goal - 9 1-0s, a 2-1 and a 3-2. By contrast, 8 of their wins were by one goal (4 0-1, 2 1-2, 2 2-3), 5 were by 2 goals and 3 by 3 goals. In the 39 games we've scored 36 goals, they've scored 53.

I totally agree with Dave Blue that the derby means more to them than it does to us. In the last 11 seasons where we've faced each other, we've won the first derby of the season once (Caulker's header) and lost 8. They still haven't managed that double over us. Shows we've shown some resolve and bottle in the second game.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Yeah I was surprised when I looked him up. He has definitely been a thorn in our side. Saying that, I would place Brennan Johnson higher based on this season's performances and where they are going with their relative careers.
    Just checked out his stats for this year. Nearly fell over when I saw he had 15 goals, definitely a career season for the lad.