+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: These three court cases....

These three court cases....

Can we assume that once each case is sorted ( this year) that that's the end and there,s NO appeal from the losing side or do we start over again...🤔🤔🤔

Re: These three court cases....

Isaac in court today accusing VT of 'vindictiveness' for diluting share values - according to this:

https://www.law360.com/articles/1464848

(I haven't subscribed to read the full article - but there is a free 7 day trial for anyone that interested!)

Can’t see Isaac winning. He’s suing because his shares went down in value. I’m sure that’s the case for thousands of people yet he’s the only one suing?

He gambled. He lost. Tough stuff.

Issuing new shares has to be agreed by the Board - same with any company. So it would all be legit. Isaacs doesn't have a leg to stand on. I find it hard to believe his lawyers didn't tell him that straight away....unless there's something more to it.

He hasn’t got back to me re. a patio I quoted him for over two years ago. Wonder if he’s depending on winning the case? Price goes up considerably if he does!!

Isn’t the CAS case purely contractual ? If so and we lose it would there be a 4th case whereby we pursue Nantes in the French Courts for the transfer fee regarding Nantes via their representative organising the fateful and illegal flight ?

Just reading a report about the Sala case:
    "Ms Griffin (senior Dorset Corona) said the inquest will hear a range of evidence from witnesses but the key questions for consideration will be the arrangements of the flight, the condition of the aircraft and the cause of the crash.

Cardiff Crown court had heard qualified pilot Henderson was unable to carry out the flight as he was spending a romantic break with his wife in Paris.

He hired Mr Ibbotson to fly the plane despite the fact he was not qualified to fly commercially, was not qualified to fly at night and his flight rating for the N264DB flight had expired in November 2018."

Given the above I think City have a very strong case.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    "Ms Griffin (senior Dorset Corona) said the inquest will hear a range of evidence from witnesses but the key questions for consideration will be the arrangements of the flight, the condition of the aircraft and the cause of the crash.

Cardiff Crown court had heard qualified pilot Henderson was unable to carry out the flight as he was spending a romantic break with his wife in Paris.

He hired Mr Ibbotson to fly the plane despite the fact he was not qualified to fly commercially, was not qualified to fly at night and his flight rating for the N264DB flight had expired in November 2018."

Just caught the tail end of this on the news, inquest at a court in Bournemouth I believe, expected to last five weeks, if I heard correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

I wasn't aware that Cardiff City FC are significantly involved in the inquest. It is there to establish facts and cause of the two deaths, not to apportion blame. Even if it was concerned with blame very few people (even Sala's mother who is unhappy about the role City played in the travel arrangements) have pointed a finger at City. Nantes possibly via McKay (which is a stretch) but not City.

The hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport will be a very different matter. So will any civil case(s) that might follow the CAS decision when it will be clear what the registration/ownership status was before the flight, and also the insurance position.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I wasn't aware that Cardiff City FC are significantly involved in the inquest. It is there to establish facts and cause of the two deaths, not to apportion blame. Even if it was concerned with blame very few people (even Sala's mother who is unhappy about the role City played in the travel arrangements) have pointed a finger at City. Nantes possibly via McKay (which is a stretch) but not City.

The hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport will be a very different matter. So will any civil case(s) that might follow the CAS decision when it will be clear what the registration/ownership status was before the flight, and also the insurance position.
    Yes....but it does give a pointer - and Coroners inquests are taken very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

So it could go on for a good while yet?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    So it could go on for a good while yet?
    It is possible. Depends on whether Cardiff or Nantes agree to call it quits if CAS rules against them on the registration (and therefore fee) dispute. If CAS agree with FIFA that the transfer had been completed and was valid prior to the flight, and if Cardiff's insurers say Sala was not covered (either because they dispute the CAS verdict or consider that McKay/Nantes were liable for financial losses arising from the fatal flight) it could end up with a civil case for compensation. It could drag on. But I hope not. CAS should be the end of it.

I am certainly no expert on this, but people who are have speculated that civil action could come next.

You could see this inquest getting quite abrasive. When Willie McKay appears I don’t suppose he is going to be complimentary to the club and might try to implicate the club in the arrangements for the final flight, which, when they appear Callum Davies and Mehmet Dalman or Ken Choo will refute. I think it’s going to be a bumpy ride.