+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pauno sacked

Pauno sacked

Only at Reading. After the worst run of form in the fifty years I have supported Reading we pick up four points in two away games and then sack the manager.

It’s definitely the right call and should have happened well before now but the club are a shambles and he has been dealt a dismal hand.

Re: Pauno sacked

Paul Ince in temporary charge

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Paul Ince in temporary charge
    oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    oh dear
    High risk but we will see how he does. I hope it leads to a new manager bounce.

The old manager got a bounce in his last two games. Didn’t do him much good

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The old manager got a bounce in his last two games. Didn’t do him much good
    He did. Very odd timing. He was apparently told yesterday so had to take manage the team today. We are very very poorly run. At least we haven’t dumped on creditors like media darlings Derby though.

oh dear
    Mick or Colin getting a call? April 9th could be desperate for both our clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Mick or Colin getting a call? April 9th could be desperate for both our clubs.
    Cardiff 15 points clear. I can’t see any chance of you being dragged into a relegation dogfight. Two more wins will see you safe. It very much looks like it’s us or Derby to finish third from bottom.
    I would take Warnock but not McCarthy.

He did. Very odd timing. He was apparently told yesterday so had to take manage the team today. We are very very poorly run. At least we haven’t dumped on creditors like media darlings Derby though.
    Huge win though yesterday, keeps Derby at arm's length

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Huge win though yesterday, keeps Derby at arm's length
    Desperately needed.

That was a huge winner from Derby yesterday.

I think it will come down to the last game of the season.

Revenge for Snowgate?

Appointing Ince seems a strange one.

Richards starting for Bayern today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    That was a huge winner from Derby yesterday.

I think it will come down to the last game of the season.

Revenge for Snowgate?

Appointing Ince seems a strange one.
    Imagine we beat Derby sends them down, let them win the jacks go down. It could happen, they have a rough few weeks of fixtures coming up aswell as playing Derby and reading

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Richards starting for Bayern today.
    When he went there a lot of us Reading fans thought he wouldn’t get a sniff at their first team. He has played a reasonable number of games for them. They got him for nothing.

When he went there a lot of us Reading fans thought he wouldn’t get a sniff at their first team. He has played a reasonable number of games for them. They got him for nothing.
    I thought it was just a big team sucking up talent, maybe sell him on for a few quid down the line.

Crazy how he left for nothing

Olise doing well at palace as well, and Swift leaving for free in the summer.

This should have been a group of youngsters to build a promotion team around, but they've really messed it up haven't they?.
    Instead you have awful finances and the best youngsters scattered to the winds for a fraction of their value.

You always seem to have more good youngsters coming through, so if they start making some good decisions they should get a chance to go for it again soon.

Paul Ince

‘Just pass it to Tom’ will be the only tactic

Olise doing well at palace as well, and Swift leaving for free in the summer.

This should have been a group of youngsters to build a promotion team around, but they've really messed it up haven't they?.
    Instead you have awful finances and the best youngsters scattered to the winds for a fraction of their value.

You always seem to have more good youngsters coming through, so if they start making some good decisions they should get a chance to go for it again soon.
    Fully agree. We have lost so many youngsters for next to nothing that came through our Academy. To add to the players you mentioned we let Michail Antonio, Rob Dickie, Jack Stacey and Dominic Hyam go for next to nothing and bought in loads of over hyped garbage.
    All these players apart from Swift came through our Academy. We have been so badly run. It makes my blood boil.

I had to laugh when I saw you have “only” 11 players under contract next season. We have seven under contract next season and two of those are Liam Moore and George Puscas both out on loan with a view to not coming back. Even if we survive this season we will be under a transfer embargo next season with hardly any players left.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Paul Ince

‘Just pass it to Tom’ will be the only tactic

Lucas Joao is quality , didn't he score a couple against us a few seasons ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He can be brilliant or hopeless. An enigma. On his day he is terrific.

What happened to Puscas?

When you got him he was a full Romanian international with a couple of goals under his belt - he tore us a new one on his debut, embarrassed Vaulks so much it took him about 8 months to get back into the
    team. I was massively jealous you had such a player, what happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Sheffield weds if I recall correctly. Friday night game ringing a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    What happened to Puscas?

When you got him he was a full Romanian international with a couple of goals under his belt - he tore us a new one on his debut, embarrassed Vaulks so much it took him about 8 months to get back into the
    They didn't play us often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman;5277507[B
    ]What happened to Puscas?

Apologies that was the guy .
    They tore us apart that day. I thought you would go on to get promoted that season. The football was superb.