+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pauno sacked

Re: Pauno sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    What happened to Puscas?

When you got him he was a full Romanian international with a couple of goals under his belt - he tore us a new one on his debut, embarrassed Vaulks so much it took him about 8 months to get back into the
    team. I was massively jealous you had such a player, what happened there?
    Currently on loan with Pisa. God I remember that game when Puscas scored two. It was on a Sunday. He looked some player. He didn’t really reach those heights again apart from a hat trick v Wigan.

Pauno played him as a lone striker and he was working with scraps. He has to play as part of two upfront. With Joao injured so much of the time he has had to play the lone striker role and it just didn’t work. I think he is a decent player who we used very badly.
    I felt for him but for what we paid I would have expected him to be able to hold the ball up better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Apologies that was the guy .
    They tore us apart that day. I thought you would go on to get promoted that season. The football was superb.

I think we finished 14th. Joao was injured for much of the season. That day Joao and Puscas played upfront. Had Joao stayed fit and Gomes and then latterly Bowen played the two together it may have made a lot of difference.
    When Pauno came in he rarely played two upfront with Puscas often on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Apologies that was the guy .
    They tore us apart that day. I thought you would go on to get promoted that season. The football was superb.
    I was there, we were humiliated

The beginning of the end for Warnock

Well, one thing is for sure, John Swift won't be short of offers. Quality player at this level!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Cardiff 15 points clear. I can’t see any chance of you being dragged into a relegation dogfight. Two more wins will see you safe. It very much looks like it’s us or Derby to finish third from bottom.
    I would take Warnock but not McCarthy.
    Given his history at the Majedski Stadium or whatever it’s called these days, Warnock could hardly go in at Reading saying their fans were his kind of people.

What’s happened to Liam Moore? Always rated him, but didn’t I read he’d signed for Stoke on loan?

Currently on loan with Pisa. God I remember that game when Puscas scored two. It was on a Sunday. He looked some player. He didn’t really reach those heights again apart from a hat trick v Wigan.

Pauno played him as a lone striker and he was working with scraps. He has to play as part of two upfront. With Joao injured so much of the time he has had to play the lone striker role and it just didn’t work. I think he is a decent player who we used very badly.
    I felt for him but for what we paid I would have expected him to be able to hold the ball up better.
    I was down Penarth dogs home that day utterly depressed listening to it. Couldn't get a dog either which made it worse..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Given his history at the Majedski Stadium or whatever it’s called these days, Warnock could hardly go in at Reading saying their fans were his kind of people.

What’s happened to Liam Moore? Always rated him, but didn’t I read he’d signed for Stoke on loan?
    wasn't Liam Moore reportedly on a ridiculous wage? like 30k or of that order

Liam Moore Where do I begin.
    He was brilliant in 2016/17. Then Brighton wanted to sign him. A figure of £10 million was mentioned.
    Ron Gourlay (an utter disaster) was in charge of all transfers and contracts and managed to get Moore to stay at the club by offering a huge long term contract worth £35,000 a week.

Moore’s performances have gradually worsened ever since and the fans have got on his back. In January the club owner went public saying Moore had refused to play in a game and that he would not be selected going forward. He has now been loaned out to Stoke but has a year left on his contract.

Ron Gourlay was hopeless. Take a look at West Brom since he’s gone there. He was poison at Reading.

Liam Moore Where do I begin.
    He was brilliant in 2016/17. Then Brighton wanted to sign him. A figure of £10 million was mentioned.
    Ron Gourlay (an utter disaster) was in charge of all transfers and contracts and managed to get Moore to stay at the club by offering a huge long term contract worth £35,000 a week.

Moore’s performances have gradually worsened ever since and the fans have got on his back. In January the club owner went public saying Moore had refused to play in a game and that he would not be selected going forward. He has now been loaned out to Stoke but has a year left on his contract.

Ron Gourlay was hopeless. Take a look at West Brom since he’s gone there. He was poison at Reading.
    £35k a week, bloody hell

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    £35k a week, bloody hell

.......and.a 5 year contract.

.......and.a 5 year contract.
    I was going to make a joke about whether he had James Warnock as an agent to get that sort of deal, then i googled it

Seems USM are masters of the 5 year deals.