+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uche

Re: Uche

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    You have laugh at people who are moaning about Uche not holding the ball up and not laying it off to team mates. Not one of our strikers are great at holding the ball up.
    Hughill is excellent at it for a start,

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He was bloody awful, apart from his goal (which sounds daft, I know). He scored, which is great but he's absolutely crap at football. If he didn't try to prove how strong he is every time he touched the ball, he'd be a better player. Just hold it up and lay it off.
    Agreed

The ball appears incidental to what Uche does to be fair. He is fast becoming a legend and it doesn't really matter, as long as he keeps scoring but he does appear unable to control the ball when running with it. It just appears to ricochet back and forth between his legs/feet as he runs which is probably why he seems unable to lay it off to a team mate. Ideal impact sub if you like but if you want cultured football, forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The ball appears incidental to what Uche does to be fair. He is fast becoming a legend and it doesn't really matter, as long as he keeps scoring but he does appear unable to control the ball when running with it. It just appears to ricochet back and forth between his legs/feet as he runs which is probably why he seems unable to lay it off to a team mate. Ideal impact sub if you like but if you want cultured football, forget it.
    Whatever happens he'll be a legend down here. Maybe not the most skillful but he divides opinions.

I don't care how he looks, he has got 3 goals in bit part performances. Repeated over the season he'd have easily been our top scorer (not much competition) and so all I see is a black Zlatan.

He causes problems to a tiring defence, he's a handful, he has been scoring. Can't really fault it, doing exactly what he was brought in to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The big hitters on here are wrong again
    Big hitters it's an internet messageboard you madhead

Speaking of which, I couldn't go last night but in the true spirit of the internet I'm not changing my mind

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's a more canny version of LFW with better feet. Great sub.
    My exact thoughts. The first time I saw him play for us,, I said he was a Championship version of Leo

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Speaking of which, I couldn't go last night but in the true spirit of the internet I'm not changing my mind
    The CCMB big hitters have to justify their salaries, or questions will be asked of the board admins IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He's not very good with the ball at his feet, but I thought that he at least tried to play properly tonight, unlike his performance against Blackpool.
    Agreed.

Exactly my thought when I saw the post.

And I knew, in work last night watching the ball hit the back of the net as I screamed "****ing yessss " I knew there and then as the rain bounced off my screen as I dare not touch it and lose the stream..I knew right then this thread would be cockily bumped up the board.

Saw this elsewhere, may have been mentioned already here but Reading academy player, relegated with Wycombe last season (their issue with Derby), on loan from Middlesbrough (have had their own issues with Derby).

Suppose he may have had a few messages this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The CCMB big hitters have to justify their salaries, or questions will be asked of the board admins IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

And I knew, in work last night watching the ball hit the back of the net as I screamed "****ing yessss " I knew there and then as the rain bounced off my screen as I dare not touch it and lose the stream..I knew right then this thread would be cockily bumped up the board.
    For info I will bump it every time he scores 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Agreed.
    Agreed

It was great strength for the goal.

He is also very likable and makes me laugh... he seems more interested in winning free kicks than winning the ball

Me too and I absolutely respect that kind of shithousery

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Agreed

He is also very likable and makes me laugh... he seems more interested in winning free kicks than winning the ball
    He's got one hell of a grin 👍

Glen Williams on Twitter

“I know it's not the story of the night, but thought I had to mention Ryan Wintle on Uche Ikpeazu's ayatollah.

"I've never seen someone do it so much, honestly. He does it in training and everything!"#CCFC #Bluebirds”

How can you not love him

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Agreed

When the majority of our goals come from crosses a set piece goes down well in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    For info I will bump it every time he scores 😂
    I expect nothing less. You don't take the internet seriously so it's all good

Me too and I absolutely respect that kind of shithousery
    Me too. And given the poster I can laugh at it as well which makes it all the better, helps it wasn't a grumy old bastard with a point to prove giving it a bump to make a point

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Glen Williams on Twitter

“I know it's not the story of the night, but thought I had to mention Ryan Wintle on Uche Ikpeazu's ayatollah.

"I've never seen someone do it so much, honestly. He does it in training and everything!"#CCFC #Bluebirds”

How can you not love him
    I don't dislike him, and I like that he scores goals (well he's done so this far I don't think he's prolific mind) and I bet he's great for the spirit in the camp which is probably underrated by fans, but he just needs to learn to lay a pass off

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Glen Williams on Twitter

How can you not love him
    Nearly took two of the floodlights out last night, he raises his arms so high.

Had an Uche day in work today, young lad with us is a Canton regular so he was ‘Ole, Ole, Ole ing’ all day, had us all joining in eventually. All got a bit surreal, told him Uche was coming to my house for tea on his moped, displaying a high handed Ayatollah straight after taking his helmet off, someone else had him bumping Putin off..............all a bit Monty Python really, I s’pose you had to be there.

I expect nothing less. You don't take the internet seriously so it's all good
    😂😂 UCHE UCHE UCHE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Nearly took two of the floodlights out last night, he raises his arms so high.

Had an Uche day in work today, young lad with us is a Canton regular so he was ‘Ole, Ole, Ole ing’ all day, had us all joining in eventually. All got a bit surreal, told him Uche was coming to my house for tea on his moped, displaying a high handed Ayatollah straight after taking his helmet off, someone else had him bumping Putin off..............all a bit Monty Python really, I s’pose you had to be there.
    That is the funniest thing ever posted on here.