+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: £2BN Per Month

Re: £2BN Per Month

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    As is evident from a review of available pre-COVID evidence, masks do not stop aerosols. Aerosol transmission essentially ends any pretense of controlling or stopping COVID in the long run, because it only requires shared air space with someone who’s infected with the virus.

Masks do not stop the spread of aerosols, nor do they protect against inhaling them.

Any reasonable individual reviewing this case would immediately advocate for an end to forced universal masking since there is clearly no benefit against aerosols
    Care to comment on this?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-72798-7

Where's your source for your statement "masks do not stop aerosols"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Care to comment on this?

Can’t you undertake your own research?

If they worked , how is that countries with compulsory mask mandates have experienced a huge uptick is cases?

That link is suggesting they “May” help and is a lot of hot air, excuse the pun.

Can’t you undertake your own research?

If they worked , how is that countries with compulsory mask mandated have experienced a huge uptick is cases?

That link is suggesting they “May” help.
    I just did my own research (isn't that what people say when they can't provide evidence?!) and didn't find anything that said "masks do not stop aerosols" as you so confidently put it.

From my link "Both surgical masks and unvented KN95 respirators, even without fit-testing, reduce the outward particle emission rates by 90% and 74% on average during speaking and coughing, respectively, compared to wearing no mask, corroborating their effectiveness at reducing outward emission".

That is saying that they categorically do reduce the outward transmission of aerosols.

Put up your evidence to the contrary and we can discuss. If not, the only evidence we have to go on is the scientific study that proves you to be wrong.

I don’t need to discuss it , the evidence is there , otherwise how have 97% of the UK population developed antibodies and how come the most cautious people I know (who advocate them)have caught it , some more than 3 times ?

This book gives a fantastic view with excellent studies.

https://www.amazon.com/Unmasked-Glob.../dp/1637583761

I don’t need to discuss it , the evidence is there , otherwise how have 97% of the UK population developed antibodies and how come the most cautious people I know (who advocate them)have caught it , some more than 3 times ?
    That's because there isn't a 100% effective way of preventing the spread of the virus and millions have had the virus and millions of people have been vaccinated.

Quite easy explanations to give.

Like yesterday, I'm not sure I understand your point any longer.

We've gone from "masks do not stop aerosols" to "do your own research" to "97% of the UK population developed antibodies".

I don't mean to be rude but you're not arguing your case well at all. Your evidence, it appears, is just anecdotal evidence. That's not going to cut it when discussing scientific reasoning.

Masks have proven to be massively effective in the reduction of the spread of aerosols, but they aren't 100% effective. Literally nobody has ever claimed that they are.

Were there any new developments on the Covid/Moderna links by the way?

That's because there isn't a 100% effective way of preventing the spread of the virus and millions have had the virus and millions of people have been vaccinated.

Quite easy explanations to give.

Like yesterday, I'm not sure I understand your point any longer.

We've gone from "masks do not stop aerosols" to "do your own research" to "97% of the UK population developed antibodies".

I don't mean to be rude but you're not arguing your case well at all. Your evidence, it appears, is just anecdotal evidence. That's not going to cut it when discussing scientific reasoning.

Masks have proven to be massively effective in the reduction of the spread of aerosols, but they aren't 100% effective. Literally nobody has ever claimed that they are.

Were there any new developments on the Covid/Moderna links by the way?
    There is plenty of evidence that is slowly becoming available , probably because many eminent people are now being listened to. As always , you don’t have to agree , and your opinion is as important as mine. From my perspective why weren’t cartoon masks made illegal ?

There is plenty of evidence that is slowly becoming available , probably because many eminent people are now being listened to. As always , you don’t have to agree , and your opinion is as important as mine.
    This is where you're just wrong.

I don't have an opinion. You do.

The scientific fact is that masks reduce outward emissions and you are choosing to ignore that and base your beliefs on whatever you want to be true.

You asked me to do my research but can't provide anything to counter the evidence I provided.

It's a dangerous place to be when we are discussing proven scientific fact as an opinion.

The earth isn't flat. People who think it is are categorically wrong. That's not an opinion. This mask situation is exactly the same.

We are going around in circles …. I’m sure more and more evidence which supports my view will become apparent….. you must accept that there are many many studies that reflect my viewpoint

With regards to Modena, there is loads of stuff on other media platforms ,scroll down the link.

https://twitter.com/perpetualmaniac/...059520512?s=21

We are going around in circles …. I’m sure more and more evidence which supports my view will become apparent….. you must accept that there are many many studies that reflect my viewpoint

With regards to Modena, there is loads of stuff on other media platforms ,scroll down the link.

https://twitter.com/perpetualmaniac/...059520512?s=21
    Share one study that reflects your incorrect viewpoint and then, perhaps, we can stop going around in circles.

Saying more and more evidence will come out to support your viewpoint is, frankly, nonsense.

I could say that about anything I want to believe in that is categorically untrue.

I am still none the wiser on the Moderna/Covid thing. I'll wait for more and more evidence to come out and then see if it makes sense.

Share one study that reflects your incorrect viewpoint and then, perhaps, we can stop going around in circles.

Saying more and more evidence will come out to support your viewpoint is, frankly, nonsense.

I could say that about anything I want to believe in that is categorically untrue.

I am still none the wiser on the Moderna/Covid thing. I'll wait for more and more evidence to come out and then see if it makes sense.
    Did you open the link ,and listen to the interview ? (And read the comments )

Masks should be used as part of a comprehensive strategy of measures to suppress transmission and save lives; the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to provide an adequate level of protection against COVID-19. That is on the internet so clearly not nonsense is it ?

Did you open the link ,and listen to the interview ? (And read the comments )
    What interview?

The woman asked him one question and he answered it by not really answering it at all.

Sorry, I'm not going to read random Twitter comments to get an understanding of something. If that's what you are doing then I'm beginning to understand why you have some of the beliefs that you've shared on here.

You might as well go on the Daily Mail comments section to get an understanding of immigration and the benefits system.

Masks should be used as part of a comprehensive strategy of measures to suppress transmission and save lives; the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to provide an adequate level of protection against COVID-19. That is on the tinternet
    Hence the vaccines, social distancing, "lockdowns" and the numerous other measures we've seen other than just "the use of a mask alone".

You've just done a 180 and decided that your original argument to be wrong. Impressive stuff.

Enjoy your evening TWG1.

What interview?

The woman asked him one question and he answered it by not really answering it at all.

Sorry, I'm not going to read random Twitter comments to get an understanding of something. If that's what you are doing then I'm beginning to understand why you have some of the beliefs that you've shared on here.

You might as well go on the Daily Mail comments section to get an understanding of immigration and the benefits system.
    Are you an epidemiologist then or just a Cardiff fan in a discussion with a fellow Cardiff fan with a different opinion on a football messageboard?

You may as well tune into the BBC

I’m sure more and more evidence which supports my view will become apparent
    “He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.”

Are you saying that you know people that have caught covid FOUR times?

Care to comment on this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ent-Covid.html

Do you bother reading past the headlines? That says "cloth masks". Your standpoint has been "masks don't stop aerosols" and now you're providing evidence that says even putting a piece of cloth over your face will stop 10% of aerosols

Do you bother reading past the headlines? That says "cloth masks". Your standpoint has been "masks don't stop aerosols" and now you're providing evidence that says even putting a piece of cloth over your face will stop 10% of aerosols

I’ve always said cloths masks were almost useless, and have advocated N95 medical grade ones.

If they are useless , why were people allowed to wear them at all ?
    (probably because of a visual reminder , nothing more.)

As is evident from a review of available pre-COVID evidence, masks do not stop aerosols. Aerosol transmission essentially ends any pretense of controlling or stopping COVID in the long run, because it only requires shared air space with someone who’s infected with the virus.

Masks do not stop the spread of aerosols, nor do they protect against inhaling them.

Any reasonable individual reviewing this case would immediately advocate for an end to forced universal masking since there is clearly no benefit against aerosols
    I’ve always said cloths masks were almost useless, and have advocated N95 medical grade ones.

If they are useless , why were people allowed to wear them at all ?
    (probably because of a visual reminder , nothing more.)
    ]

That was a lie.

]

That was a lie.
    It wasn’t , have a look at historical posts …. What’s your issue anyway, out of interest?

Furthermore what’s your opinion on why cloth masks were universally accepted in the UK when they always knew they were ineffective?

It wasn’t , have a look at historical posts …. What’s your issue anyway, out of interest?

Furthermore what’s your opinion on why cloth masks were universally accepted in the UK when they always knew they were ineffective?
    I don't have an issue. I'm merely pointing out that you're wrong about saying "masks do not stop the spread of aerosols".

I told you that was false but you wouldn't have it. Yet you've since posted a few articles contradicting your viewpoint.

Even the fact that a piece of cloth can stop 10% of aerosols shows that you are wrong about masks

"cloth masks were universally accepted in the UK when they always knew they were ineffective"... Because they weren't completely ineffective and forcing everyone to wear disposable surgical masks would be a non-starter in the UK. You just had to see how non-compliant a large section of the public were when it came to using any form of face covering to come to that conclusion.

Hopefully you will now agree that saying "masks do not stop the spread of aerosols" is factually inaccurate.

I don't have an issue. I'm merely pointing out that you're wrong about saying "masks do not stop the spread of aerosols".

I told you that was false but you wouldn't have it. Yet you've since posted a few articles contradicting your viewpoint.

Even the fact that a piece of cloth can stop 10% of aerosols shows that you are wrong about masks

"cloth masks were universally accepted in the UK when they always knew they were ineffective"... Because they weren't completely ineffective and forcing everyone to wear disposable surgical masks would be a non-starter in the UK. You just had to see how non-compliant a large section of the public were when it came to using any form of face covering to come to that conclusion.

Hopefully you will now agree that saying "masks do not stop the spread of aerosols" is factually inaccurate.
    Cloth masks are as useful as a chocolate tea pot , N95 masks are better however there are plenty of studies suggesting they are also a compliance tool, the mask makers themselves tell you that …..

So interesting how slowly the cards start to fall. Wait until other things start to be exposed. . Seems right now the 'science' is different country to country. That alone should flag up some sort of curiosity as to what the actual truth is shouldn’t it ?