+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Putin really want a world war or ?

Re: Does Putin really want a world war or ?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Germany has done nothing on Nordsteam. They havent ripped up the pipeline you know. It isnt currently operating. The UK's actions at this juncture probably has a more direct immediate impact

Poland by the way, have criticised Germany. And as for the EU: A senior EU diplomat previously said there was "a whole escalation ladder, starting with Russian individuals and moving up to finance, trade, and eventually energy", adding: "A lot is possible."

It seems that the UK approach is probably pretty much in line with others.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-c...ussia-12548612
    For some reason you missed this bit at the bottom.

ANALYSIS BY ADAM PARSONS, EUROPE CORRESPONDENT
    Germany’s decision to shutter the Nord Stream 2 pipeline is a big one, for all sorts of reasons.

For one thing, it will cost Russia money in energy exports.

That’s bad for the Russian economy, and also troubling for some of the oligarchs who surround the Russian leader.

For another, it shows that Germany – the richest country in the European Union – is prepared to follow through on its threats.

Chancellor Olaf Scholz was very slow to accept that the future of Nord Stream 2 had to be on the table – now, he’s delivered, fast.

It’s also a sign that the European Union is serious about acting quickly against Russia – perhaps quicker and more determinedly than President Putin would have thought.

Losing Nord Stream 2 (and it’s not clear whether it’s been cancelled, or just indefinitely postponed) will hurt Germany, but it’s a price that Mr Scholz is willing to pay.

That’s a pretty clear message to send to Moscow.

What a stupid and selfish project Nord Stream 2 was , nevermind Boris , the Germans should really look at themselves, their supposed to be part of a European block, by agreeing this pipeline its squeezes revenues from Poland and Ukraine, makes them reliant on a country that has no morals, no democracy and is happy to break every rule in the book from assainations, suppression of free speech , and free liberties , shame on you Germany .

Gosh just imagine if Germany had said at the outset no to Nord Stream 2 not oh its halted ?

I hear an ex German chancellor is now on the board of Gazprom now that is real cronyism.

Wasn't Merkel Eastern German , and cozy with Putin ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What a stupid and selfish project Nord Stream 2 was , nevermind Boris , the Germans should really look at themselves, their supposed to be part of a European block, by agreeing this pipeline its squeezes revenues from Poland and Ukraine, makes them reliant on a country that has no morals, no democracy and is happy to break every rule in the book from assainations, suppression of free speech , and free liberties , shame on you Germany .

Gosh just imagine if Germany had said at the outset no to Nord Stream 2 not oh its halted ?

I hear an ex German chancellor is now on the board of Gazprom now that is real cronyism.

The british goverment! albieit the conservatives have allowed the russian oligarchs to do what they want with their backing.
    I believe that Putin has waited for a weak Europe to start his expance of russia.
    Merkel was a hard liner..boris and the rest of europe today is like a day old triffle .

Where do you get that from?

If anything Putin timed his Crimea move to coincide with Merkel leaving office.

I disagree with almost everything she stood for - but she was a giant amongst European politicians and often brave with it.

She was no friend of Putin. Christian Democrats and Authoritarian Nationalists (Russian Mafia) don't have that much in common!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-kremlin-visit

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    The british goverment! albieit the conservatives have allowed the russian oligarchs to do what they want with their backing.
    I believe that Putin has waited for a weak Europe to start his expance of russia.
    Merkel was a hard liner..boris and the rest of europe today is like a day old triffle .
    Not in my opinion, as they have both been involved with the WEF since the early 90's, so the situation may be more coherent than it appears. Pay attention to events affecting Western Europe such as economic fallout, and any proposed solutions.

I struggle to see how criticism of British sanctions for being too weak equates to siding with what the public perception of the views of the likes of Corbyn and Abbott is. There are plenty of Conservative MPs who believed the sanctions were too weak, were they just saying that because they wanted to have a go at Johnson?

I'm reminded of a paragraph in the late Denis Healey's autobiography, The Time of My Life. He was known as an affable Labour Party politician with huge bushy eyebrows. Behind that public persona was an arch-globalist and a big wheel in the Bilderberg Group which met in secret every year.

He wrote: 'World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings.'

I strongly suspect this Russia - Ukraine situation is another wholly contrived world event that is planned and scripted by those same bankers as the pretext to begin stage 2 of their Great Reset plan, which is to crash stock markets, lay waste to economies and cause unemployment, inflation and crime to rocket in order to create so much misery and chaos most people will welcome the introduction of martial law to ease their suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I struggle to see how criticism of British sanctions for being too weak equates to siding with what the public perception of the views of the likes of Corbyn and Abbott is. There are plenty of Conservative MPs who believed the sanctions were too weak, were they just saying that because they wanted to have a go at Johnson?
    I think what frustrates me, is the very first thing some people want to do is blame the UK, or blame Boris Johnson and create some kind of obscure link to things because it benefits them. That is the very definition of playing politics.

Personally, whatever the west did, Putin would outflank them. He doesn't care about sanctions, whether they could have been slightly harsher or not is largely irrelevent. He knows he supplies Europes largest economy (which foolishly dumped Nuclear energy) with gas. He holds the cards when it comes to sanctions.

He also knows that while he may not have a stronger army than the west combined, he still has a very powerful military with nuclear weapons. He knows that Ukraine is a hill we will be very unwilling to quite literally die upon.

What sanctions did people want? The west, broadly speaking, was moving in tandem. What did we want? An instant military response? Militarily threatening language? Europe to immediately cease buying Russian gas? Putin would merely use that to justify exactly what he is doing in the first instance, and Europe would run out of energy in the second, whilst creating an enormous economic crisis that would have people from Barcelona to Berlin screaming to make peace with Putin and let him take Ukraine.

I genuinely don't know what the answer is here. But I can see Ukraine being sacrificed and the line in the sand being drawn instead in the baltics, where they are NATO members.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm reminded of a paragraph in the late Denis Healey's autobiography, The Time of My Life. He was known as an affable Labour Party politician with huge bushy eyebrows. Behind that public persona was an arch-globalist and a big wheel in the Bilderberg Group which met in secret every year.

He wrote: 'World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings.'

I strongly suspect this Russia - Ukraine situation is another wholly contrived world event that is planned and scripted by those same bankers as the pretext to begin stage 2 of their Great Reset plan, which is to crash stock markets, lay waste to economies and cause unemployment, inflation and crime to rocket in order to create so much misery and chaos most people will welcome the introduction of martial law to ease their suffering.
    Surely all us vaccinated sheep will be too busy wrestling with the latter stages of HIV or our grandchildren's black eyes and growth spurts to be bothered with anything as trivial as martial law?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Surely all us vaccinated sheep will be too busy wrestling with the latter stages of HIV or our grandchildren's black eyes and growth spurts to be bothered with anything as trivial as martial law?
    I think there's more chance of a rogue asteroid knocking us out of the Solar System.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think there's more chance of a rogue asteroid knocking us out of the Solar System.
    I'm sure Organ Morgan has a You Tube video on that, only in his version it's not rogue but being guided from a reinforced bunker in Davos.

I'm sure Organ Morgan has a You Tube video on that, only in his version it's not rogue but being guided from a reinforced bunker in Davos.
    👍 Is anyone ever safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not in my opinion, as they have both been involved with the WEF since the early 90's, so the situation may be more coherent than it appears. Pay attention to events affecting Western Europe such as economic fallout, and any proposed solutions.
    what type of economic fallout?

All this certainly takes the minds of Russians who have terrible poverty, high levels of pollution , high crime rate, lack of free speech.

Predictable response. Your usual tactic is to dispute the veracity of the source and/or attempt to rubbish the character of someone or those who made it. When you're stuck, as on this occasion, you ignore the content full stop.

Healey did indeed include what I quoted in his autobiography, which I'm sure you checked is true, and 'World events do not occur by accident...' was written from the perspective of a person who for decades spent four days each year holed up in a swanky hotel in the company of 100+ of the world's most powerful and influential people who had so much clout that for the first 30 years of those meetings ensured nothing appeared in the mainstream media about them.

Few would argue this Covid-19 experience of the past few years does count as a world event, but I'm sure you will continue to toil away trying to persuade others that it did occur by accident and nobody planned anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Predictable response. Your usual tactic is to dispute the veracity of the source and/or attempt to rubbish the character of someone or those who made it. When you're stuck, as on this occasion, you ignore the content full stop.

Healey did indeed include what I quoted in his autobiography, which I'm sure you checked is true, and 'World events do not occur by accident...' was written from the perspective of a person who for decades spent four days each year holed up in a swanky hotel in the company of 100+ of the world's most powerful and influential people who had so much clout that for the first 30 years of those meetings ensured nothing appeared in the mainstream media about them.

Few would argue this Covid-19 experience of the past few years does count as a world event, but I'm sure you will continue to toil away trying to persuade others that it did occur by accident and nobody planned anything.
    Morg,

I was expecting you to surface in the other thread. Have you been too busy playing Twp Trumps whilst gorging yourself on nothing-burgers to defend your bombshell expose?

You should have some consideration for my sensitivities. I had to spend almost 20 minutes watching YouTube videos that would make most normal people's eyeballs bleed and then another 2 or 3 minutes painstakingly and forensically finding the evidence that your latest gifted intellectual insight was as much baloney as the gumpf you were posting before you disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Germany has done nothing on Nordsteam. They havent ripped up the pipeline you know. It isnt currently operating. The UK's actions at this juncture probably has a more direct immediate impact

Poland by the way, have criticised Germany. And as for the EU: A senior EU diplomat previously said there was "a whole escalation ladder, starting with Russian individuals and moving up to finance, trade, and eventually energy", adding: "A lot is possible."

It seems that the UK approach is probably pretty much in line with others.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-c...ussia-12548612
    The sanctions will hit us hard, and we can expect big price increases across the board if they continue for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    what type of economic fallout?

I'd switch Swift off however see link below better than more deaths though

https://www.economist.com/finance-an...off-from-swift

I'd switch Swift off however see link below better than more deaths though

https://www.economist.com/finance-an...off-from-swift
    If they do it swiftly they'll find it hard to swallow.