+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A470 Accident

A470 Accident

Just picked my granddaughter up from dance training at Treforest estate.

The a470 was closed just by the taffs well turn off on the road to Merthyr. Not sure if the road is open on the other side of the junction,I went 0h the A4054 to the Treforest estate just in case

Big accident of some sort. seemed to be about 6 or 7 ambulances and police cars.

One car on its roof and at least one person seemed to be seriously hurt, sadly

Update: Apparently the road will be closed until 2.00 in the morning

Re: A470 Accident

I can't place it with the description!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I can't place it with the description!

The turn off to Pugh's Garden Centre, and Morganstown also Castell Coch

and Taffs Well of course.

Can't see how many more clues I can give you. I thought Taffs Well would be enough How many turnings to Taffs Well are there on the A470?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Can't see how many more clues I can give you. I thought Taffs Well would be enough How many turnings to Taffs Well are there on the A470?
    There is a turn off before Taff's well that is sign posted Taff's well, you can go Caerphilly, nantgarw/treff ind est and obviously Taff's well.

I am not sure why you are having an attitude, you're about 75, act it.

"Taffs Well turn off on the road to merthyr"

It wasn't explained very well, and that's all I pointed out. Good grief.

Also, if the turn off is for taffs well/Radyr etc the road would be to cardiff would it not?

There is a turn off before Taff's well that is sign posted Taff's well, you can go Caerphilly, nantgarw/treff ind est and obviously Taff's well.

Also, if the turn off is for taffs well/Radyr etc the road would be to cardiff would it not?
    He was going North

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    He was going North
    Think he forgot roads go in two directions

I am not sure why you are having an attitude.

"?
    Hello pot, meet kettle.

2?

Thanks for info.

Let's hope the victims are okay

30 year old from Merthyr aqua plained on the A465 on Sunday morning and sadly lost his life. The stretch of road between Asda and Hirwaun has cost some lives over the years, it’s an horrendous stretch of road. The sooner its made a dual carriageway the better.

The turnoff you refer to is coming south from Merthyr Tydfil and is the Cardiff to Nantgarw Interchange

I had already pointed out that it was the Taffs Well turn off on the way to Merthyr (therefore going North) and going on the A4054 to Treforest Estate. Since I have always known that as the Taffs Well Interchange I thought it was self explanatory.

For some reason you seem to have thought I was coming from Merthyr. No wonder you couldn't place it.

I wasn't having an "attitude problem" as you call it ( and I am 67 not 75 ).

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    30 year old from Merthyr aqua plained on the A465 on Sunday morning and sadly lost his life. The stretch of road between Asda and Hirwaun has cost some lives over the years, it’s an horrendous stretch of road. The sooner its made a dual carriageway the better.
    Dreadful news.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    2?
    Only one going to Merthyr.

Only one going to Merthyr.
    one too many

****ing hell Dembe, I like a row but you could start an argument in and empty room

The 465 from Abergavenny to Hirwaun has always been a bad road. Three lanes with the middle lane used for overtaking from both directions was never going to end well.
    Thankfully the new dual carriageway has been finished (Gilwern to Brynmawr) so Abergavenny to Merthyr is much improved.
    Not sure how long the Merthyr, Hirwaun stretch is going to take? Looks a big job.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    The 465 from Abergavenny to Hirwaun has always been a bad road. Three lanes with the middle lane used for overtaking from both directions was never going to end well.
    Thankfully the new dual carriageway has been finished (Gilwern to Brynmawr) so Abergavenny to Merthyr is much improved.
    Not sure how long the Merthyr, Hirwaun stretch is going to take? Looks a big job.
    Yeah be a few years yet I think mate. Defo much better to Ebbw vale / Abergavenny from Merthyr these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Hello pot, meet kettle.
    Refer to my recent post history.

Get back to me.

The turnoff you refer to is coming south from Merthyr Tydfil and is the Cardiff to Nantgarw Interchange

I had already pointed out that it was the Taffs Well turn off on the way to Merthyr (therefore going North) and going on the A4054 to Treforest Estate. Since I have always known that as the Taffs Well Interchange I thought it was self explanatory.

For some reason you seem to have thought I was coming from Merthyr. No wonder you couldn't place it.

I wasn't having an "attitude problem" as you call it ( and I am 67 not 75 ).
    Your second post was full of information.

Your first, the way I read it, didn't make sense.

Cheers for clarification. Your second reply "how many more clues"... well the second post had plenty, thanks, the first one I was trying to place your whereabouts. All I asked for was an explanation, minus what I read as an attitude in your reply. A few seem to have it just because it's me responding.

****ing hell Dembe, I like a row but you could start an argument in and empty room
    According to him its everybody else who starts the arguments and he is the victim.
    But 90% of the disagreements on her invole him and a n other.
    Plus he likes to have the last word every time.
    Looks like it'll be my turn in the barrell now
    😆

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    According to him its everybody else who starts the arguments and he is the victim.
    ��
    He hasn't replied to me a second time yet......

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    😆
    You do seem to follow him around looking to poke him tbf. That’s what this post is, you’re trying to wind him up. You’re not the only one. I do it to people sometimes too, I’m sure Dembe is guilty himself.

I genuinely don’t think Elwood did anything wrong in this thread to feel his wrath but there are definitely posters who try to engage him (and others) and then cry when he retaliates. The original Croesy was the master.

I don't get it

I didn't understand and posted exactly that. And by replying I'm now somehow being accused of arguing.

The mind boggles.

He hasn't replied to me a second time yet......
    I qas wondering of you were on about the nantgarw turn off as you can go through the estate there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    2?
    Exactly.